Thread: Minivan 5 speed parts

Garrett booster

Minivan 5 speed parts. Trade?

Jason Chanley
    Washington,Indiana
    Ebay feed back under the name:
    ejchanley

I bought these parts from another member and now I will not be able to go forward with my plans. My wife lost her job from company downsizing. Anyway this is for a 89 caravan and has the 520/555 cables. I wish I could go forward with this,but we have to tighten our budget for a little while. One thing I did notice is the bracket that the pedal bolt runs though under dash will need drilled out just a hair bigger for 5 speed bolt to run through it (at least mine needed that). I got that far when everything went south for us. I hate to sell it but I need to buy an automatic from the junkyard.
    I need to get $120+ shipping thanks.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_6392.jpg 
Views:	120 
Size:	536.8 KB 
ID:	9194

This is the shifter,cables,clips,shifter boot,clutch cable,bracket for shock tower. I do not have the shifter mount for the floor board,but it is not that hard to make one.

If you are local I would trade for an automatic turbo transmission and meet up somewhere.
    Last edited by 87 charger; 11-01-2008 at 07:46 PM.

Garrett booster

Re: Minivan 5 speed parts

Last call

Could the setup work on an a568 in a mini?

No, the cables and shifter are different.

Garrett booster

I also have a minivan A-555 that I would trade for a automatic. I have never used this transmission,but the yard told me they drove it back there. I have been going to that yard for over 15 years and I figured it was in decent shape. They know me very well there so I trusted their word,but I could not say for a fact since I really don't know. If you are within 125 mile radius of 47501 and you want to trade me for a working auto I will do it..
    I would drive to trade.
    I just want this van to move so I can sell it. So any offers let me know.

Boost, it's what's for dinner... Turbo Mopar Staff Aries_Turbo's Avatar

i have a working auto but im in NY....

you know anyone going to carlisle PA this weekend? i could send the trans with someone to carlisle and you could send the 555 to carlisle and they could swap there. the trans is from a 88 shadow turbo and was in a lebaron gtc for a while and worked fine when i parked the car a few years ago.

so dibs for now.

Brian

Quote Originally Posted by turbovanman
    This one is easy, I have myself to blame, I rush things, don't pay attention to gauges when I should, change to much stuff at once then expect miracles, the list is endless.

Garrett booster

I wish I could do that for ya because I would send it on,but I am the lone ranger around these parts and I don't anybody heading that way.

ok, what if i find someone passing by that area within a reasonable distance?

im going to make a thread in the lounge.

Brian

This one is easy, I have myself to blame, I rush things, don't pay attention to gauges when I should, change to much stuff at once then expect miracles, the list is endless.

any chance you will sell me that trans and ship it? my trans just bit the dust this morning on the way to work.

Brian