Thread: Lancer Shelby road trip

Garrett booster

Lancer Shelby road trip

Well I was due for some vacation time and I have a friend from out of country visiting for awhile so it was a grand time to take a great road trip with some friends. Our week-long journey started off by cruising up to Saskatoon (2.5 hours) and seeing the jet-cars and nitro-bikes at SIR dragstrip. From there we went to Edmonton (5 hours) and stayed at the West Edmonton Mall (one of the two largest malls in north america, theme park and waterpark and tons of stuff to see) for a few days. So far the Lancer has been doing very well, got a few pictures around here but nothing too photogenic yet... we haven't gotten to the good stuff yet. Unfortunately one of my buddies at this point flew home before we drove to our next destination due to some health problems We cruised on to our next stop - Banff National Park in the Rocky Mountains (yea, some truly amazing scenery on this drive - about a 6-7 hour trip from Edmonton). Stayed just one full day there and had a total blast... it'd be awesome to spend more time there but our agenda wouldn't allow for it. We had to leave early the next morning to head home as we have tickets for the home opener for the Saskatchewan Roughriders - we made it back and watched the Riders kick some tail!!

I'll let the pictures do some talking though. We didn't stop too many times just to take pics of the car (the vacation was moreso for me, but getting to take my car was a total treat!!) but I think I got some very good pics!

The first tourist stop was on the way to Edmonton to visit the worlds largest easter egg in Vegreville, Alberta:

Didn't take much in Edmonton except for the last day I went and snapped a few pictures around the mall:

And another, by the totally awesome indoor waterpark:

From there it was a cruise to the mountains, this is our first stop just getting into the Rockies:

Our next stop a ways in was at a little rest area - forest on one side:

And a cool waterfall on the other side:

One more stop at a nice lookout point:

Another shot at the same point:

Mandatory wing shot - You can tell I started to take photos instead of driving

Mandatory wheel shot:

One more hangin' out the car, I liked the angle on this one way more except for the traffic:

Unfortunately we had to stop for these guys too, something about driving too fast??? I dunno

And now we are cruising our way home, away from the Rockies:

And home sweet home, after an 8.5 hour drive:

Hope you all enjoyed that, because I sure as hell did. I mean, we only had to push start the car once... otherwise it did pretty well

Re: Lancer Shelby road trip

Car looks sweet man!!! It's always fun to just head out and take a cruise. Your Lancer sure is a head turner though!

Did Lancer Shelby's not have the side molding on the doors? There was one at SDAC-18, same color and everything that didn't have the side molding either. It wasn't you by chance wa sit?

Garrett booster

Heh, yes they have factory mouldings but mine have been removed. Even before I got it painted it was repaired before and aftermarket mouldings were put on... never have even had the originals.

And no, it wasn't me at SDAC... maybe some day

See me ride out of the sunset... Turbo Mopar Staff BadAssPerformance's Avatar

Looks like a fun road trip!

JT
    SDAC Director
    SDAC-Chicago President
    JOIN SDAC and your local Chapter TODAY! - SUPPORT the CLUB that supports YOUR HOBBY!
    87 Shelby Z - 10.50@141.66mph
    87 CSX #751 Clone - 12.88@102.88mph

www.badassperformance.com
    Check out Turbo-Mopar Times!
    Submit your 1/4 mile times HERE!!

Support SDAC! Join Today!
    "I'm not some pro athlete with a bajillion dollars, I'm just an every man"
    Note: The information and any images provided in this post are not for distribution outside this forum without the author's permission.

Hybrid booster Turbo Mopar Contributor

Mike, first off, the car is freaking awesome!!

Second, what a beautiful and scenic trip!! Sounds like a bunch of fun with the exception of your buddy who had to fly home

Anyway, share more pics if you got 'em. If not, these speak well for the great time you had!!!

I could look at this car all day! In fact this is the 8th time of looked at these pics! There used to be a nice white Lancer Shelby in town. I always wanted to end up with it but it fell off my radar a few years back. Oh well, I guess I can dream of owning yours now!

turbo addict

Thats sweet you got to take a road trip in it now. I plan on doing something similar in mine after I get it going. not too far though. Its not going to stay white though.
    [FONT="Arial Black"][/FONT] ____________________________________________ 92 Voyager LE 3.3/A604 luxury liner 185k [COLOR="Red"]"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Ben Franklin[/COLOR] [COLOR="White"]"It's not tyranny we desire; it's a just, limited, federal government." Alexander Hamilton[/COLOR] [COLOR="Blue"]Support our economy-BUY AMERICA: [url]http://nortonsusa.com/[/url][/COLOR]

Garrett booster

Thanks guys. It's been resto'd, car show'd, road tripped, and the next step will be to abuse it at the drag strip... it will need plenty of tuning but I am having dreams of clicking off a 12 second run with this couch. This car is surprisingly comfortable on long trips, I love it.

The numbers are in - trip was 2900 KMs (1800mi), and averaged 28mpg. I'm ok with that, I think it can be a bit better but this is straight up plug and play no tuning has been done at all. FWD Stg 5 calibration. My best MPG was 32 on one tank, and worst was 24. This may or may not be completely accurate as I think my gauge is filler neck is screwed... I know the gauge was very wonky when I first got the car running but it is better now, and randomly I can't fill the tank full it seems... either bad nozzles or something up with the filler neck, it clicks off on me and my gauge doesn't read all the way full. Not really a concern but meh, whatever.

Now I get to go install a polypushings front mount and bobble strut bar, few more things to do before its ready for the strip.

Laters.

turbo addict

Wow thats awesome getting those numbers with a Stage 5. I plan on going to a 3 bar cal on my car eventually but only for accuracy. I don't want to go over 20 psi on my cast piston lower. I agree with you. Lancers are definitely comfortable over the road cars.
    [FONT="Arial Black"][/FONT] ____________________________________________ 92 Voyager LE 3.3/A604 luxury liner 185k [COLOR="Red"]"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Ben Franklin[/COLOR] [COLOR="White"]"It's not tyranny we desire; it's a just, limited, federal government." Alexander Hamilton[/COLOR] [COLOR="Blue"]Support our economy-BUY AMERICA: [url]http://nortonsusa.com/[/url][/COLOR]