Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Belvidere Mopar Happening - Jul 19-20

Hybrid booster Turbo Mopar Contributor Skibbe's Avatar

Re: Belvidere Mopar Happening - Jul 19-20

Hmm... not looking good. Charger is all back together (At least I thought so) Turn the key to try to start it... nothing. No click, no turning over, no nothing. Doh! Found that I forgot to reattach the brown/yellow wire from the starter sub harness to ground. Did that... tried again... nothing. Zip zero nada. Tried bypassing the ASD relay. Nada.

Hope its something simple I can track down this week. It would be nice if it at least clicked though.

See me ride out of the sunset... Turbo Mopar Staff BadAssPerformance's Avatar

Damn I hate gremlins! That new battery is all charged right? I can stop by if you start pulling your hair out... sometimes it just takes an extra set of eyes?

JT
    SDAC Director
    SDAC-Chicago President
    JOIN SDAC and your local Chapter TODAY! - SUPPORT the CLUB that supports YOUR HOBBY!
    87 Shelby Z - 10.50@141.66mph
    87 CSX #751 Clone - 12.88@102.88mph

www.badassperformance.com
    Check out Turbo-Mopar Times!
    Submit your 1/4 mile times HERE!!

Support SDAC! Join Today!
    "I'm not some pro athlete with a bajillion dollars, I'm just an every man"
    Note: The information and any images provided in this post are not for distribution outside this forum without the author's permission.

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor

Going to the show, fo sho!

Quote Originally Posted by BadAssPerformance View Post
    Damn I hate gremlins! That new battery is all charged right? I can stop by if you start pulling your hair out... sometimes it just takes an extra set of eyes?
    I'll try jumping it next. Battery is a new lawn tractor battery from Walmart, but I guess I shouldn't assume it's charged. I'll give you a call if that doesn't work.

boostaholic

Got my buddy with the srt4 going too.
    Hey Mike, where in chi town you live...i will be around also...

Quote Originally Posted by Skibbe View Post
    I'll try jumping it next. Battery is a new lawn tractor battery from Walmart, but I guess I shouldn't assume it's charged. I'll give you a call if that doesn't work.
    Starter relay? Fusible link?

Quote Originally Posted by MiniMopar View Post
    Starter relay? Fusible link?
    Pulled the plug from the relay and tried to jumper across the wires... nada. Fusible link, maybe, will have to check the bundle.

Whats the rubber thing with wire running through it? Black, maybe 1/2"x1/2"x3"? Wire comes out of one pin of the starter harness plug, runs through it, and back into another pin? The one side is tied into the same pin as the brown/yellow wire that runs to ground. I made a repair here as the wire was hanging on by a thread at the plug. But that's the only work I've done to the harness since it was running before. If it's another type of fusible link I should probably start there. Or, since everything was in and out of the engine bay, maybe I'm just missing something obvious and another set of eyes can find it.

Super 60 harness btw.

Quote Originally Posted by 89ShelbyGuy View Post
    Got my buddy with the srt4 going too.
    Hey Mike, where in chi town you live...i will be around also...

Des Plaines.

Quote Originally Posted by Skibbe View Post
    Pulled the plug from the relay and tried to jumper across the wires... nada. Fusible link, maybe, will have to check the bundle.

Whats the rubber thing with wire running through it? Black, maybe 1/2"x1/2"x3"? Wire comes out of one pin of the starter harness plug, runs through it, and back into another pin? The one side is tied into the same pin as the brown/yellow wire that runs to ground. I made a repair here as the wire was hanging on by a thread at the plug. But that's the only work I've done to the harness since it was running before. If it's another type of fusible link I should probably start there. Or, since everything was in and out of the engine bay, maybe I'm just missing something obvious and another set of eyes can find it.

Super 60 harness btw.
    Hmmm...not sure what that would be but it sounds like an inline diode. Maybe some goofy L-body thing? Which plug are you talking about, BTW?

Do you get the CEL light when the ignition is on? The starter circuit is pretty simple. If you don't even have a relay click, than something pretty basic is missing. Either the ground to the relay or the feed to it from the ignition key (or the relay itself).

Quote Originally Posted by MiniMopar View Post
    Hmmm...not sure what that would be but it sounds like an inline diode. Maybe some goofy L-body thing? Which plug are you talking about, BTW?

Do you get the CEL light when the ignition is on? The starter circuit is pretty simple. If you don't even have a relay click, than something pretty basic is missing. Either the ground to the relay or the feed to it from the ignition key (or the relay itself).
    Near the SMEC, 5 flat pins?, Arranged in sort of an L. Wiring to ground, speed sensor, sensor on trans. Does that ring a bell?

Yeah, CEL comes on. Codes 11 and 12 which doesn't tell me anything since it isn't turning over.

boostaholic

They added chance of rain for both days...WTF! only 40% chances though..hopefully that goes away by friday!!

40% chance is a 60% chance of sun!

We might have to sacrifice a Sundance!

JT
    SDAC Director
    SDAC-Chicago President
    JOIN SDAC and your local Chapter TODAY! - SUPPORT the CLUB that supports YOUR HOBBY!

Note: The information and any images provided in this post are not for distribution outside this forum without the author's permission.

boostaholic

Well, this sucks..they jacked it up to 60% chance of rain on SAT. and extended it into friday night also..wtf...should i detail the shelby or should i...that is the qeustion!

Moderator Turbo Mopar Staff dodgeshadowchik's Avatar

no matter what happens, be sure to post pics! I need more car (esp. turbo dodge) photos... LOL!

"I'll give you anything you'll ever need and I'll find a way to turn you into a monster."

turbo addict

Either way doesn't look like I can make it now. Still too much left on the lancer.
    [FONT="Arial Black"][/FONT] ____________________________________________ 92 Voyager LE 3.3/A604 luxury liner 185k [COLOR="Red"]"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Ben Franklin[/COLOR] [COLOR="White"]"It's not tyranny we desire; it's a just, limited, federal government." Alexander Hamilton[/COLOR] [COLOR="Blue"]Support our economy-BUY AMERICA: [url]http://nortonsusa.com/[/url][/COLOR]

Quote Originally Posted by dodgeshadowchik View Post
    no matter what happens, be sure to post pics! I need more car (esp. turbo dodge) photos... LOL!
    We will definitely get a ton of pics!

JT
    SDAC Director
    SDAC-Chicago President

Quote Originally Posted by WickedShelby88 View Post
    Either way doesn't look like I can make it now. Still too much left on the lancer.
    Bummer, thats how cars go tho! Take the time you were going to be at the show to work on it, I've missed many shows the past couple years that way.

JT
    SDAC Director
    SDAC-Chicago President

boostaholic

Hey guys, just wanted to know when everyone is thinking of going...are we sticking to noon time?? at the fairgrounds? lmk!

two point two much fun Turbo Mopar Staff Turbodave's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 89ShelbyGuy View Post
    Hey guys, just wanted to know when everyone is thinking of going...are we sticking to noon time?? at the fairgrounds? lmk!
    That's my plan, noonish at the fairgrounds.. Have some errands to run in the morning, but the car is already clean and ready to go
    Dave Tekampe
    Director SDAC National
    VP SDAC-Chicago

85 GLH-Turbo (DC intercooled)
    86 GLHS #107
    87 GLHS #148
    87 CSX #161, #608, #674
    88 CSX-T #529, #541
    89 Shadow Competition Package and lots more...

Noon it is, I have a little more aluminum to weld tonight but will wash the car up in the morning and head out!

Tom, want me to give you a ring when I'm headed out so we can try to meet up an caravan out? Where do you get onto I90 at? I usually do at Arlington Hts Rd...

JT
    SDAC Director
    SDAC-Chicago President

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast