Thread: Any alternative to anaerobic sealant?

turbo addict

Any alternative to anaerobic sealant?

Well I already bought this stuff so I could reassemble my head, but are there any alternatives. Zono didn't have it and Napa wanted over 16 dollars with tax.
    I know RTV was completely out of the question, but what about the non-hardening gasket sealant type stuff you can get? I guess better safe than sorry here is the way to go. Just thought I'd ask.
    [FONT="Arial Black"][/FONT] ____________________________________________ 92 Voyager LE 3.3/A604 luxury liner 185k [COLOR="Red"]"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Ben Franklin[/COLOR] [COLOR="White"]"It's not tyranny we desire; it's a just, limited, federal government." Alexander Hamilton[/COLOR] [COLOR="Blue"]Support our economy-BUY AMERICA: [url]http://nortonsusa.com/[/url][/COLOR]

turbo addict

Re: Any alternative to anaerobic sealant?

even though it's $16, it'll last forever as you use it very sparingly. I've had my tube for 7 years now and used it on about 4 differerent full rebuilds between me and my friends.

turbo addict

Re: Any alternative to anaerobic sealant?

Sounds like it was well worth it then. I've got at least 2 more engines to go through this month alone.
    [FONT="Arial Black"][/FONT] ____________________________________________ 92 Voyager LE 3.3/A604 luxury liner 185k [COLOR="Red"]"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Ben Franklin[/COLOR] [COLOR="White"]"It's not tyranny we desire; it's a just, limited, federal government." Alexander Hamilton[/COLOR] [COLOR="Blue"]Support our economy-BUY AMERICA: [url]http://nortonsusa.com/[/url][/COLOR]