Thread: Electrical issues, wont start

turbo addict

Electrical issues, wont start

I installed my 40+ injectors and 3 bar map, went to burn a chip and reinstalled the computer, this was on sunday, went to turn key and had no cel come on, meaning typically recheck the chip, well i did that 3-4 times, replaced with a known good chip/cal still no go, i had a friend ben(topdollar69) helping me out with this i checked for power at the powerboard its good and i have power going to the smec and power going out for the cel, still wont start. I was having some troubles testing the fusible links since i was borrowing a multimeter with unsharpened probes and ran across this:

http://www.knizefamily.net/minimopar...tml#enginefeed

Clicked on the link for No Engine Feed, to find almost my exact problem and i have reason to believe this is my problem. So from my understanding the J1, and J2 feed is just power coming off the ign switch right, well i checked for power(with key on) at the ASD relay i have power going to it, and i beilieve 12 volts on each wire hooked to it. Now im not very good with electrical stuff and am kinda lost on some of the stuff it says to do, i dont get how do i check power on the smec, did i previously do that when i checked for power on it, wait i see now terminal 41 is labled J1 i had power at that when i checked it previously to running across the table, and i had power at 58 ads relay output.
    Im not really sure what to do next, i had my multimeter on the neg terminal of the bat, and checked both ends of the coil i had nothing so does this mean my J1 feed is bad? oops i didn't have someone cranking the car, i guess i have to do that tomorrow since its dark out now and have someone crank as i check for power at the fuel pump/injection assembly.

Am i doing this correctly?

http://www.knizefamily.net/minimopar...cal-links.html im also going to check this too

and i did tug on the fusible links non of them stretched

turbo addict

Re: Electrical issues, wont start

Did you reinstall the fuel rail ground strap when you pulled the rail to change the injectors? I know you said you checked the chip so I assume you checked to be sure you didn't install it upside down? You issue may be unrelated to the chip/injector swapping but I doubt it.

turbo addict

Re: Electrical issues, wont start

Quote Originally Posted by badandy View Post
    Did you reinstall the fuel rail ground strap when you pulled the rail to change the injectors? I know you said you checked the chip so I assume you checked to be sure you didn't install it upside down? You issue may be unrelated to the chip/injector swapping but I doubt it.
    yep i did resintall the fuel rail ground strap, also tried disconnecting the map sensor to see if it would start/get a cel light on key on, but no go

update: i had someone cranking the engine over, tested for power at coil, nothing(pos side), tested every lead in the injection harness, nothing. So according to minimiopar Resorces: my Z1 feed from the asd relay is the problem
    Last edited by 1966 dart wagon; 06-24-2008 at 09:05 PM.