Thread: Boost trouble

Garrett booster

Boost trouble

Having boost problems in Forza's S car. After the new trans was put in he could only get 8 psi, so I drove it heard the intercooler pipe leak and sure enough the upper hose slid half way off the clamp. So I fixed it and left it at that. The next day he goes to drive it 4 psi and 13-14 in. of vac. at idle. We've gone through several stuff and can't figure out why. Intercooler hoses are good, vaccum lines look good, cam timing and ignition timings dead on, swapped wastegates, tried granger at all settings, tried factory boost, swapped lines, tried with wastegate running right off the intake and nothing connected at all, disconnected the downpipe from the swingvalve, compression was 150 across, turbo tight didn't get clocked, and no matter what we do nothing changes. The weird thing is Alan came over a couple nights ago and hooked up the granger to the brake booster and they were getting 12 psi no problem, but the next night he went to drive it and it was the same deal. One thing is there is a rattling inside the cat. We haven't checked it yet cause we have to cut the welds first. We thought maybe the inner swingvalve bolt fell out and was bleeding boost that way, but it's on there. So we are running fresh out of ideas and thought we'd see if anyone can think of something else. Thanks.

Garrett booster

Re: Boost trouble

I had the same problem and found that the vacuum line was on the wrong side of the solenoid.