Thread: 1987 Dodge Shelby Charger (T1)

Hybrid booster

Cool 1987 Dodge Shelby Charger (T1)

Hello All:

We just picked up a T-I '87 Dodge Shelby Charger w/70K miles on it. It is our intent to strip this car down for donor/restoration parts for another Charger we own, leaving the chassis and probably the 5-bolt axle gear on it.

The car was owned/driven in the midwest and has a number of badly rusted areas in/around the front and rear fenders, door bottoms, and underside of the rear hatch. The hood, nose, and roof areas, however, all seem to be ok.

Before selling the stripped chassis off for scrap, realizing that junkyards are all but devoid of these cars now, I would like to ask if anyone would be interested in purchasing the "hulk" for its remaining good sheet-metal (body shops cut out pieces), rack/pinion, or A-frame components.

Again, this is NOT a GLHS, it is a T-I Dodge Shelby Charger.

Please PM me this week if interested--I should be able to send pics as per request. Also, there will be a short-list of other parts available--so if someone wanted the chassis AND the dash AND the back seat, we could make a deal. The chassis however would have to be picked up at the buyer's expense by flatbed with a winch, and due to local ordinance rather soon after purchase.

I'll be calling our DMV Monday for info/options on re-titling, and based on what they tell me we would like to have it stripped and out of here in a couple of weeks or so.

Most of the salvage yards in this area just laugh when you ask them about parts for anything older than a '95--so now's the chance if you want a few spare parts, or are working on that project car.
    Last edited by 87glhs; 06-22-2008 at 08:52 AM.

Mitsu booster

Re: 1987 Dodge Shelby Charger (T1)

Do you have the front and rear springs? What would you want for them? Shipping to 28429......... and if you do pull them, can you mark them DF (driver front), PF, (passenger front) etc....

Thanks

Craig W

craigw_27520@yahoo.com

Hybrid booster

Exclamation Re: 1987 Dodge Shelby Charger (T1)

need the rear axle, bare would be fine..shipped to----> santa fe,nm.87507
    Last edited by shellboy; 06-28-2008 at 07:17 PM. Reason: oops

Garrett booster

If the 5-lug knuckles are still available, I'd be interested in them. My zip is 16802.

Hybrid booster

Post Re: 1987 Dodge Shelby Charger (T1)

I apologize for not getting back to you guys sooner--I did not receive notice (email) from the site of your posts.

Rectangle--I have the springs but need them for my project car.

Shellboy--What portion of the rear axle do you need? The entire piece, less the spindles, will likely be taken for scrap unless you seriously want it. Also, who would you want to use for shipping?

87DaytonaPAC--Unfortunately they're spoken for.

Also, I now have the following items off the vehicle--have not weighed or packaged anything yet, but this is what I have--

--T1 radiator (looks like an aftermarket; decent shape)
    --T1 shroud/fan (fan works; shroud needs paint job)
    --Front/lower ground effect (both tabs fine)
    --DS/PS ground effects (under-door pieces only; decent shape)
    --Upper Dashboard (decent shape; includes heater ducts and steel top cover; glovebox/switches missing)
    --Rear Spoiler (nice shape)
    --Exterior fiberglass sail pieces (nice cond.)
    --both Sun visors (nice shape)
    --Used/very clean-inside aftermarket fuel tank (no rubber or rollover valve)
    --Rear wheel well covers (some scuffs, but overall nice shape)
    --Hood/louvers/airbox (nice shape)
    --kick panels/ABS door thresholds

Send me a PM for further info on any of the listed items--

Are you willing to ship this stuff? That is amazing and wonderful, although i don't know the rates for shipping. :|

Interested in the front ground effects, hood and interior sail panels if they are in descent shape. Please send me a price of shipping on each or all to 38049 please. Oh and pics if you have them.
    [SIZE="3"] [B]Jon Trotter[/B][/SIZE] [B]1985[/B] Dodge Shelby Charger, Currently decommissioned [B]1987[/B] Shelby GLHS, #937 [B]1987[/B] Shelby Lancer, #628 [QUOTE=Reeves;587010]I can be ready. Please send pics of wife. _____DodgeZ add comments here______[/QUOTE]

¿ Turbo Mopar Contributor oldgregg's Avatar

Did I ask you if the interior sail panels are in good shape?
    I've asked so many people I've lost track of who I've asked!
    Also would like the hood vent IF possible.

Mitsu booster

If you have the fuel pump for the fuel injection model I I'm in need of such. My email is rootjack@aol.com
    thanks

- - - Updated - - -

My interior panels sun rotted also but I am scraping off the old parts and sanding them down and going to use a plastic cote paint to redo them. I have an 87 dodge Shelby charger.