Thread: Craigslist: Who wants to go half with me on this? 2000 Neon 500 bucks, Rhode Island

boostaholic

Craigslist: Who wants to go half with me on this? 2000 Neon 500 bucks, Rhode Island

http://providence.craigslist.org/car/725988793.html

I want the wheels. If anyone else wants to go in with me, I'll pay half, and you can have the rest of the car. I'll find some steelies and throw some tires on there that you can have to take it away.

turbo addict

Re: Craigslist: Who wants to go half with me on this? 2000 Neon 500 bucks, Rhode Isla

That's a smoking deal. I wish I were closer. I'm scared I'm gonna need a gas mileage machine.
    Kevin Isenberg EVERYTHING is for sale!

Re: Craigslist: Who wants to go half with me on this? 2000 Neon 500 bucks, Rhode Isla

why would you want the wheels? uhh. I bet you could find a use set on neons.org if you really wanted

boostaholic

cause they look cool.

sure they do, whatever floats you boat i guess

I think those are just SRT-4 rims. That's kind of what it looks like to me.
    Plus, I'm super duper far away from you.
    2005 Chrysler PT Cruiser GT Mods coming soon!

Mitsu booster

Why not just offer the guy $200 and your steelies?

turbo addict

I was poking around a 2003 neon at the junk yard today, No body damage, perfect paint, super clean interior. milky engine oil..... junked over a head gasket. wtf.

These cars are completely worthless in my area, I blame the local dodge dealer for being such a crooks. made me kinda sad, this wasn't even a good junkyard, this is the metal junk yard where cars last a few days and are shredded.
    1988 Lancer Shelby 2.2TII 1989 Shadow ES 2.5TI 1992 Lebaron Sedan 3.0Auto 1993 Acclaim 2.5TI-A520 Hoard parts now!

¿ Turbo Mopar Contributor oldgregg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fliptuner View Post
    Why not just offer the guy $200 and your steelies?
    Because scrap car prices are $200-$300, with cat, if you bring them to the salvage yards up here.

Mitsu booster

Quote Originally Posted by ButchN View Post
    Because scrap car prices are $200-$300, with cat, if you bring them to the salvage yards up here.
    I meant just for the wheels.

If he's willing to spend $250+ his wheels it's worth it. That and the guy selling the car would get the same scrap value for it.

win-win

Garrett booster

i would be intersted in the car but need more details

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor supercrackerbox's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by skitzo_inc View Post
    I think those are just SRT-4 rims. That's kind of what it looks like to me.
    Plus, I'm super duper far away from you.
    Similar, but 15" instead of 17".

boostaholic

Quote Originally Posted by beavis1313 View Post
    i would be intersted in the car but need more details
    Might want to e-mail the guy, if it's even for sale.

Super Moderator Turbo Mopar Staff contraption22's Avatar

You know... you could buy JUST the wheels....
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/00-01...3286.m14.l1318
    Mike Marra
    1986 Plymouth Horizon GLMF "The Contraption" < entertaining sponsorship offers
    Project Log:
    http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/showthread.php?69708-The-Contraption-2013-14&highlight=

boostaholic

I've looked... that's pickup only, west virginia....

turbo addict

Looks like a good deal really. The interior doesn't look too bad. I was just contemplating an early 2nd gen neon cheap with a smashed SRT4 for a nice swap.. A guy can build an SRT4 for less than 5k that way.
    [FONT="Arial Black"][/FONT] ____________________________________________ 92 Voyager LE 3.3/A604 luxury liner 185k [COLOR="Red"]"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Ben Franklin[/COLOR] [COLOR="White"]"It's not tyranny we desire; it's a just, limited, federal government." Alexander Hamilton[/COLOR] [COLOR="Blue"]Support our economy-BUY AMERICA: [url]http://nortonsusa.com/[/url][/COLOR]

Kaleb did...
    2005 Chrysler PT Cruiser GT Mods coming soon!

Hybrid booster

Quote Originally Posted by Big_P View Post
    http://providence.craigslist.org/car/725988793.html

I want the wheels. If anyone else wants to go in with me, I'll pay half, and you can have the rest of the car. I'll find some steelies and throw some tires on there that you can have to take it away.
    Just buy the whole car, get it home, and part it out. Keep the wheels, part out whatever you can on the neon forums, then bring the carcus of the car and the catalytic converter in for scrap. You'd come out with your wheels and probably some cash in your pocket.

Moderator Turbo Mopar Staff Vigo's Avatar

you wouldnt make $500 back... im for offering the guy some cash to let you swap your wheels onto it and take his. he might bite because he would probably be able to sell it for the same amount with steelies anyway and possibly end up with $700+ all told.

Super Moderator Turbo Mopar Staff contraption22's Avatar

I have a set of these Neon aluminum wheels you desire. I PM'd you.
    Mike Marra
    1986 Plymouth Horizon GLMF "The Contraption" < entertaining sponsorship offers
    Project Log:
    http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/showthread.php?69708-The-Contraption-2013-14&highlight=