Thread: What Sway bar bushings are these? Pictures!

Garrett booster

What Sway bar bushings are these? Pictures!

1986 Chrysler Dayotna Turbo Z (Is a Canadian Car) I don't know if the CDN cars might be different?

1 1/4" Sway bar by the way

Hey guys here are the pictures I have taken orginals look to be made by clevite???

Now Johnny Spiva has told me there are two styles throughout the 80's, to me it looks like my 86 and 88 have the same bushings. Johnny calls them the Universal "D" bushings.

Here are the pics:

Does anyone know which ones I need to order?

Thanks for any help.

Re: What Sway bar bushings are these? Pictures!

4322017 and 4322751 (2 of each) still available from Mopar.

Garrett booster

Id, rather go 4 Poly bushings and not rubber ones. Who knows which aftermarkets I need to get.

You may have to upgrade to the newer style K frame. The only other real alternative is to get blocks of poly and shave down and make your own bushings!

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor 2.216VTurbo's Avatar

A D bushing should go right in there, flat side twards the deck and pointy part forward. Um, whats all that orange stuff under there? I don't think we have that around here

EDIT: Or is it flat side forward, can't remember now but then I have been drowning my sorrows since the Lakers embarrassed the Basketball world tonight

AJ (no More Alan) 84 Rampage RT TIII/568 Quaife 87 GLHS dealer optioned Red 16V Masi/568/Quaife
    90 Masi 16V White/Ginger/Black
    89 TC Masi 16V Red/Ginger/Black
    86 GLHS #110 RoadRace Built 89 CSX-VNT Recaro Car
    89 Turbo Mini 'Woody' 85 GLHT 'RedBox'
    2014 Explorer DD'r 3.5Twin Turbo Ecoboost AWD and 500HP
    My profile page has over 20,000 views, I'm somebody LOL

Garrett booster

Well Johnny has made up a D style bushing, I am just waiting to hear back from him that the measurements are the same as the original rubber bushing.

That orange stuff is what kills any car that rolls on the streets and roads of Ontario Canada. (cough that isnt even the ugly part of the car.) So not only are our cars $5000-10000 more but they last half as long. Maybe one day as part of US Steel I will get shipped down to Texas. (as long as I can keep my Canadian health perks)

turbo addict

OMG, we don't even take cars to the scrapper, we just bury them if they're that bad. SCARY!

Those are NOT universal D bushings. U D bushings are poly, and the 87 and 88 big bar cars (I say cars cause you could get them on something other than a Shelby model) And maybe the 86 C/S's came with them. Does your sway bar neck down about 3" from the ends? If if doesn't it's not the 1 1/4" U D bushings can be had in a # of sizes, and I like them better than the factory shaped pieces done in poly. less binding. A free moving sway bar allows the suspension to work properly.

Garrett booster

If if doesn't it's not the 1 1/4" U D bushings can be had in a # of sizes, and I like them better than the factory shaped pieces done in poly. less binding. A free moving sway bar allows the suspension to work properly.
    Sorry but that sentence made absolutely no sense to me, not understanding what you meant to say.

Yes the bar in my 88 and 86 neck down from 1 1/4 to 1 1/16th at the control arms. Maybe I will just call the dealer and see how much they want for the bushings, I bet you in Canada I pay close to $100 for all 4 bushings. Id rather buy from johnny.

turbo addict

Quote:
    If if doesn't it's not the 1 1/4" bar. Universal D bushings can be had in a # of sizes, and I like them better than the factory shaped pieces that are redone in poly. less binding when the sway bar moves. A free moving sway bar allows the suspension to work properly.

Sorry I was in a hurry. Better?

turbo addict

On my '86 Daytona CS, I ran down to AutoZone and grabbed the 1-1/4" poly bushings from Energy Suspension (I think it was Energy). I reused the stock hold down bracket even though the Energy comes with their own.

For the most part, I'm glad the creaking is gone when I go over the rain ditch at the end of my driveway.

Garrett booster

4322017 is $15.51 each, so 31.02

4322751 is $19.07 each, so 38.14 totaling $69.16 CDN

where as Johnny's set is $28 for 4 bushings. Can you say Chrysler/Dodge Canada = ----!