Thread: 91tbi tona just shut off

Hybrid booster

91tbi tona just shut off

i pulled in the parking lot at work yesterday, car shut off as soon as i parked . the check gauges light came on ,all gauges look good . i had just came from getting gas at the gas station i always use . so i pull the lines off at the fuel filter by back tire and turned on the key and no fuel came out . i checked the fuse in the black box under the hood and it looks fine . how can i test to see if it is the fuel pump befor i go buy another one . i replaced the fuel pump on it last year in may .

thanks
    billy

Invisible Turbo Mopar Contributor mcsvt's Avatar

Re: 91tbi tona just shut off

Will the running a wire from the positive battery terminal to the coil trick work for a tbi car? I don't see why it wouldn't. That should manually turn on the pump. If the pump doesn't come one then I guess you'd have to check the wires, then the pump directly.
    -Gary Mazzone-
    1986 GLHS #168

Hybrid booster

i got to mess with it today . codes that are stored are 25,41,11,27 . i changed the fuel pump with another new one . ran a wire from the hot side of bat to the hot wire for fuel pump and it came on . i tried the wire to the coil and nothing happened. i put another fuel pump relay in it i had laying around and it still wont start . car is a 91 tbi tona with 2.5 and manual trans . this is the first problem i have had with this car in over a year .

thanks
    billy

Hybrid booster

I say, I'd be willing to bet it needs a new muffler bearing.... or a timing belt.

Just a shot in the dark!

Hybrid booster

lmao im gonna freshen the timing belt soon

billy