Thread: FWDP's Help @ SDAC

Question FWDP's Help @ SDAC

Cindy

The front coilovers on my Turismo are not budging. Any chance you would mind helping me diagnose what I should do while we're both at SDAC? Have a spanner wrench or any tools for that matter that would make spinning the collar easy since it won't move from the threaded sleeve? My driver's side is sitting about a half inch lower than the passenger side in the front and I want to raise them a little bit to even them out and take some stress off the axles.

Please let me know, as it's frustrating me trying to do this on my own, especially when I thought it'd be a piece of cake like the rear ones were to adjust.

Super Moderator Turbo Mopar Staff contraption22's Avatar

Re: FWDP's Help @ SDAC

I hear one of those rubber strap wrenches can do the job in a pinch.
    Mike Marra
    1986 Plymouth Horizon GLMF "The Contraption" < entertaining sponsorship offers
    Project Log:
    http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/showthread.php?69708-The-Contraption-2013-14&highlight=

Thanks Mike

No need for help at SDAC now though. I was upset with this enough to the extent that I just jacked the car up today and tore the shocks off. I shoved them in a vice and gave the perches hell, finally getting them to move. There really should have been some sort of tool to use with this coilover setup as well as another set screw or two on the collar.

Especially now that I raised the collar up at a height I thought would look OK but its too high. Go figure though, now it won't lower back down because yet again the collars won't move (set screw out, no pressure on wheels, etc)... I've had a thread in the suspension area for well over a week, and now posted this one in here last night, yet nothing from FWDP suggestion wise or anything??????????????
    Last edited by DC Turismo; 06-10-2008 at 05:58 PM.

Super Moderator Turbo Mopar Staff contraption22's Avatar

I've never seen the FWD performance setup in person. Are they Ground Control units? Is there a Allen head screw on the lower spring seat to clamp it in place on the collar?
    Mike Marra
    1986 Plymouth Horizon GLMF "The Contraption" < entertaining sponsorship offers
    Project Log:
    http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/showthread.php?69708-The-Contraption-2013-14&highlight=

Yeah, just the one, Mike. You can check out the setup next week!

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor glhs727's Avatar

Product issues are best handled by picking up the phone and calling. I don't follow EVERY thread on the list, so response time here is slower, than if you just called. So you post this last night, and then are upset when you don't get a response in less than 24 hours, I'm sorry, but I don't spend 24/7 on the internet. So please call, and we can take care of your issue, even if it means replacing the sleeve/perch set up. My cell is 281-642-3878 if you can't reach me at the shop (281-288-4411)
    Thanks,
    Cindy
    FWD Performance is a performance shop with a significant investment in this market. We pride oursleves with a hard work ethic, friendly customer service, and honest business dealings with no hidden fees. FWD Performance, Real Race Products by Real Racers.

I got it fixed to make it to SDAC but I'd like to talk to you there in person about it and just have you look at the amount of trouble it is to adjust. Thanks Cindy, sorry for coming off frustrated, it ended up being a long day to get things right on it lol....

Boost, it's what's for dinner... Turbo Mopar Staff Aries_Turbo's Avatar

grease them?

Brian

Quote Originally Posted by turbovanman
    This one is easy, I have myself to blame, I rush things, don't pay attention to gauges when I should, change to much stuff at once then expect miracles, the list is endless.

I had put anti-seize on the threads but that did not help either.

We'll just get together when you have time at SDAC Cindy and b.s. about it. Looking forward to it!