Thread: plastic trim repops possible

turbo addict

plastic trim repops possible

With all the issue the t-top cars have whats involved with making some molds to reproduce the trims pieces that so often crack or break. I would like to know that way other parts could be made as well. Has anyone here endeavored on something like this?
    [FONT="Arial Black"][/FONT] ____________________________________________ 92 Voyager LE 3.3/A604 luxury liner 185k [COLOR="Red"]"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Ben Franklin[/COLOR] [COLOR="White"]"It's not tyranny we desire; it's a just, limited, federal government." Alexander Hamilton[/COLOR] [COLOR="Blue"]Support our economy-BUY AMERICA: [url]http://nortonsusa.com/[/url][/COLOR]

See me ride out of the sunset... Turbo Mopar Staff BadAssPerformance's Avatar

Re: plastic trim repops possible

Plastic injection molds are exspensive. Depending on size for various parts, from $5000-$100,000 or even higher.

JT
    SDAC Director
    SDAC-Chicago President
    JOIN SDAC and your local Chapter TODAY! - SUPPORT the CLUB that supports YOUR HOBBY!
    87 Shelby Z - 10.50@141.66mph
    87 CSX #751 Clone - 12.88@102.88mph

www.badassperformance.com
    Check out Turbo-Mopar Times!
    Submit your 1/4 mile times HERE!!

Support SDAC! Join Today!
    "I'm not some pro athlete with a bajillion dollars, I'm just an every man"
    Note: The information and any images provided in this post are not for distribution outside this forum without the author's permission.

two point two much fun Turbo Mopar Staff Turbodave's Avatar

Best bet might be somebody making some fiberglass molds for stuff like that.
    Dave Tekampe
    Director SDAC National
    VP SDAC-Chicago

85 GLH-Turbo (DC intercooled)
    86 GLHS #107
    87 GLHS #148
    87 CSX #161, #608, #674
    88 CSX-T #529, #541
    89 Shadow Competition Package and lots more...

turbo addict

Sounds like it. Good god. I want to say though that we made some cheapy type thing out of plastic in high school though now that I think of it. We made a mold then filled it with pellets and heated it up. The thing was pretty cool. I will have to look up some things on that. I was just curious if anyone here had ventured down the plastic route versus fiberglass. I know nothing about either though so maybe FG is the way to go.
    [FONT="Arial Black"][/FONT] ____________________________________________ 92 Voyager LE 3.3/A604 luxury liner 185k [COLOR="Red"]"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Ben Franklin[/COLOR] [COLOR="White"]"It's not tyranny we desire; it's a just, limited, federal government." Alexander Hamilton[/COLOR] [COLOR="Blue"]Support our economy-BUY AMERICA: [url]http://nortonsusa.com/[/url][/COLOR]