Thread: 90-91 Spirit 2.5 TI engine wiring harness differences?

90-91 Spirit 2.5 TI engine wiring harness differences?

Hey guys, my intentions are to transform a "roller" 91 Spirit R/T into a 8 valve turbo Spirit. I'm not having much luck locating a 91 2.5 TI engine wiring harness...but I do happen to possess a spare 90 TI harness.

Haven't ever owned a 91 Spirit, and am wondering if things changed under the hood between the 90 and 91 turbo models? I know in these years some Mopars started getting fuse boxes under the hood and stuff...any info and or pictures would greatly be appreciated!
    [FONT="Arial Black"]Paul[/FONT] [B][SIZE="1"]US ARMY INFANTRY VETERAN[/B] 1995 Dodge Stealth R/T White DOHC 5 speed 1994 Dodge Stealth R/T Red DOHC 5 speed 1992 Dodge Daytona IROC, Blue TI 5 speed (2) 1992 Dodge Daytona IROC, Red TI auto 1991 Dodge Spirit R/T, Red (project) 1989 Shelby CSX-VNT #382 1989 Dodge Shadow ES, White TI auto 1987 Daytona Shelby Z, White TII 1987 Chrysler T&C wagon, Tan TII auto 1985 Dodge Lancer ES, Bronze TI auto 1982 Wife, White[/SIZE] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

turbo addict Turbo Mopar Contributor iTurbo's Avatar

Re: 90-91 Spirit 2.5 TI engine wiring harness differences?

I doubt they are any different aside from option content between the two. Start at the bulkhead and compare the pinouts/wire colors on each side. I put a '91 GTC harness in my SL and believe it or not the pinouts were virtually identical. Since both '90 and '91 are SBEC it should be an easy swap.

Just so you know, none of the engine control functions go through the bulkhead. The bulkhead is just lights, power feeds, switches/gauges etc...A Spirit R/T wouldn't be any different than a TI model in this respect.

Re: 90-91 Spirit 2.5 TI engine wiring harness differences?

Check the connectors at the dash harness.On my 93 Shadow, a 90 harness wouldn't plug in due to the connectors being different sizes. A 91 harness plugged right in. That was the biggest problem I ran into. My car was a non turbo car originally, but I don't think that had anything to do with it.