Thread: Confused between various injectors...

turbo addict

Confused between various injectors...

The confusion is with the chart in the knowledge center for injectors.
    For instance a lot of injectors are much different but have the same part number. Why? and how do you know what you have? This came up as i was trying to see what injectors were in the t3 and found actually the PN for mine were in some t2's as well and not just the t3 according to the chart.

So i looked at some t2 injectors i have here (2 near new sets) they werent the right part number for what was shown so i cant use them BUT the PN for these t2 ones i have shows as high impedance for 84 Turbo I, and 85-86 Turbo I. Fine and dandy, but the same PN also shows for a LOW impedance for 6% higher Mopar Performance injector. WTF is up with all this?

Buy my stuff!!!!!!!!!!! :O) Turbo Mopar Vendor turbovanmanČ's Avatar

Re: Confused between various injectors...

TII and TIII are the same, that's all I have to offer,
    1989 FWD Turbo Caravan-2.5 TIII, GT35R, auto, a/c, cruise, pwr windows/locks, fully loaded with interior and ran with full exhaust. RETIRED FOR A FEW YEARS! 12.57@104 :O)
    1984 Chev Getaway van, 6.2 Diesel with a remote mounted turbo setup burning WMO-For sale.
    2003 GSW 2.0L TDI, auto, fully loaded, modified, 360K-wife's.
    2004 GSW TDI, 5 speed, fully loaded, modified.

Aurora ignition wires for sale. Link to info

Super60 roller cams or custom/billet cams. Link to info

turbo addict

some not all. I have 2 sets of t2 injectors which are different than flow rates of the t3. However there is other t2 injectors that are the same as t3, take a look at the chart. All im wondering is how do you know what injectors you have for the ones that have varying rates yet same part numbers.

See me ride out of the sunset... Turbo Mopar Staff BadAssPerformance's Avatar

If you only look at the part numbers on the left and not the superceedes then each P/N is different. What part numbers do you have?

JT
    SDAC Director
    SDAC-Chicago President
    JOIN SDAC and your local Chapter TODAY! - SUPPORT the CLUB that supports YOUR HOBBY!
    87 Shelby Z - 10.50@141.66mph
    87 CSX #751 Clone - 12.88@102.88mph

www.badassperformance.com
    Check out Turbo-Mopar Times!
    Submit your 1/4 mile times HERE!!

Support SDAC! Join Today!
    "I'm not some pro athlete with a bajillion dollars, I'm just an every man"
    Note: The information and any images provided in this post are not for distribution outside this forum without the author's permission.

turbo addict

89 + T1, 87 - 89 TII, TIII, TIV all uses the same size injectors.

Hybrid booster

high impedance for 84 Turbo I, and 85-86 Turbo I. whats the part # on the injectors you have. i might be intersted

Hybrid booster

had a ptoblem with the 803s. there supose to be 30lb/hr @ 55 lbs. when i got them the part # on the ijector was 474s 27 lb/hr@55lbs. stock t1 injectors run that. i wanted a little more fuel and the 803s are supose to be 6%. allways check the # on the injector its seff

turbo addict

I understand what you mean by the PN's on the left side but the important numbers are the supercede numbers which are the most recent. Those are the numbers you find now when newer injectors are bought.

So in my case i got 2 sets, i do check the injector numbers which is what i go by and matched to the chart. (this following info is including what you needed to know csomni and they are both barely used sets, one set had 400 miles or so according to the pers on i got them from and definately look it), of t2's with part number 4418474 which as i stated shows as the NEWEST number you will find but as i stated above they apparently come in 6% MP or a regular stock replacement of a 24.01cc, which obviously arent going to work in a t3 so no not all t2 injectors are used on t3's. The t2 injectors i could use on my t3 as i said are PN 5277895 or the older PN on the left of the chart is 4418213

See me ride out of the sunset... Turbo Mopar Staff BadAssPerformance's Avatar

Yeah they superceeded similar ones through the years... in closed loop there is no difference between 32pph and 33pph...

JT
    SDAC Director
    SDAC-Chicago President
    JOIN SDAC and your local Chapter TODAY! - SUPPORT the CLUB that supports YOUR HOBBY!
    87 Shelby Z - 10.50@141.66mph
    87 CSX #751 Clone - 12.88@102.88mph

www.badassperformance.com
    Check out Turbo-Mopar Times!
    Submit your 1/4 mile times HERE!!

Support SDAC! Join Today!
    "I'm not some pro athlete with a bajillion dollars, I'm just an every man"
    Note: The information and any images provided in this post are not for distribution outside this forum without the author's permission.

turbo addict

^^ BTW if those are the injectors you need by the part number i said they are, the newest set i can do 60 shipped? other set 50 shipped?

Hybrid booster

ok, so whats the flow rate on these 4418474

Quote Originally Posted by csomni View Post
    ok, so whats the flow rate on these 4418474
    Per the KC, 30 lb'ers.

http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/vb...e&articleid=20
    1989 FWD Turbo Caravan-2.5 TIII, GT35R, auto, a/c, cruise, pwr windows/locks, fully loaded with interior and ran with full exhaust. RETIRED FOR A FEW YEARS! 12.57@104 :O)
    1984 Chev Getaway van, 6.2 Diesel with a remote mounted turbo setup burning WMO-For sale.

turbo addict

Simon you linked the chart and still are off lol, they are not 30 pounders, but again as my point in this thread there is 2 flow rates for these injectors as well as others according to the chart. Now i will say this, the chart shows these as stockers as 24 pounders. But the MP sold in sets of 4 for this part number shows them as 6% over sold in sets of 4 and thats how these were bought, they are mp and in sets of 4, so im assuming they arent the 24's and are instead the 26's.
    The 5277895 are much closer to 30 than these are simon lol.

boostaholic

As for injectors that came stock on the TIIIs the P/N 4418213 came on the 91s and is the same as the TII and the P/N 5277895 came on the 92-93s and is supposed to be the same as the 804s

turbo addict

right, but i was telling simon that not all t2 injectors are the same. Not according to the chart, there is a couple different flow rated t2 injectors, for instance the t2 injectors i have are not the same as the t2 injectors that work for the t3. 2 different flow rate injectors.

Quote Originally Posted by tsiconquest88 View Post
    Simon you linked the chart and still are off lol, they are not 30 pounders, but again as my point in this thread there is 2 flow rates for these injectors as well as others according to the chart. Now i will say this, the chart shows these as stockers as 24 pounders. But the MP sold in sets of 4 for this part number shows them as 6% over sold in sets of 4 and thats how these were bought, they are mp and in sets of 4, so im assuming they arent the 24's and are instead the 26's.
    The 5277895 are much closer to 30 than these are simon lol.
    I haven't flowed them all, have you? Just relaying info that we all have. That chart says they are 30 lb'ers, have you flowed them?

There is 2 flow rates as they are rated at different pressures.

Quote Originally Posted by tsiconquest88 View Post
    right, but i was telling simon that not all t2 injectors are the same. Not according to the chart, there is a couple different flow rated t2 injectors, for instance the t2 injectors i have are not the same as the t2 injectors that work for the t3. 2 different flow rate injectors.
    Well what can I say, we are told all TII and TIII injectors flow the same, unless you take every injector Dodge made and had them tested, this all we can go on.

Also this-

http://www.thedodgegarage.com/turbo_fuel.html

turbo addict

That chart says they are 30 lb'ers, have you flowed them?
    I guess you didnt follow them, they are not 30 pounders... take a second look. That same PN shows 24 or 26 for a MP 4 pack 6% over stock. 24 and 26 are not, by any means, considered 30 pounders. The 29 and 3#'s would be 30 pounders.

We Todd D dot D Turbo Mopar Staff sdac guy's Avatar

Keep in mind that the the MP 803's were the package of 4 part number as were the 804's.

The process at the time was to test all the stock injectors and more or less match them in sets of 4 per vehicle. The ones that tested higher like +6% and +13% were set aside and sold as MP injectors. So those actual injectors retained the stock part number on them.

This injector info above came from Jerry Mallicoat who at one time headed up MP.

It was later claimed that there was no difference in flow between the 804's and stock injectors. I don't know if that was proven by flow testing or just an assumption made because it was noticed that they carried the same part number. This was back in the SDML heyday.

When comparing the injectors in the chart, as someone already posted, do not rely on the supercede part numbers to be accurate representations of what came in an engine, or what actually works in an application. As we have seen with many of our other older parts, when Chrysler issued the supercede numbers they were not necessarily given the attention to detail that the job required and they may be flat out wrong.

Oh, and if they changed sourcing or design of an injector. It usually changed part number even though the flow stayed the same.

Barry
    86 Shelby Lancer Prototype
    90 Daytona Shelby VNT
    91 Spirit R/T

For your questions about SDAC, please contact BadAssPerformance