Thread: A413 Broken axle?

Hybrid booster

A413 Broken axle?

Ok so I just put on new rims. 17"er's Anyway I made a fairly sharp u turn type thing in a parking lot and all the sudden I hear this NASTY growling noise sounded like it was from the front right. Long story short car ended up getting pushed/towed home and brand new rim got curb rashed . I got it up on the stands rotate the passenger wheel all feels fine then driver side and theres a really hard spot that shows up after a few revolutions. I looked at the boot and its ballooned out some...What could have caused this? axle is less than 6 months old...I just hope the trans is all good car rolled fine in neutral while running and before it really started messing up it was going through the gears just fine its less than 6 months old too...

Any ideas are appreciated, Chris

Hybrid booster

Re: A413 Broken axle?

Sorry about the rims, that sucks! Maybe some of the el-cheapo bearings exploded inside the boot? You say its six months old? Where did you get the axle? Most aftermarket axles are reman's, I've only heard bad news from them. They should have at least a one year warranty, if not lifetime, from some place like Autozone, Advance, Napa, ect.

turbo addict

check that your engine is centered.
    1988 Lancer Shelby 2.2TII 1989 Shadow ES 2.5TI 1992 Lebaron Sedan 3.0Auto 1993 Acclaim 2.5TI-A520 Hoard parts now!

Rhymes with tortoise. Turbo Mopar Staff cordes's Avatar

Will the car move under its own power?