Thread: Electromotive TEC-3 standalone engine electronics

Garrett booster

Electromotive TEC-3 standalone engine electronics

Continuing with my garage cleanout to make room for the car..

Electromotive TEC-3

Complete fuel and distributorless ignition control. Compatible with 1-12 cylinder engines. Gently used, was briefly installed on a F-150 lightning for a demo. Very clean. Wiring harness can be changed around to fit any car.

Includes ECU, 2 coil packs (use on a 4 cylinder and keep one as a spare or use both to run a V6/V8), wiring harness, most engine sensors, generic 60-2 tooth 6" trigger wheel and magnetic crank position sensor.

TEC3 has a nice built in learn mode, as well as very good integrated help that most of the other standalone systems lack. Compatible with generics inputs and outputs to use for boost control, shift lights, etc. Multi stage rev limiter including "soft" rev limit.

$1500 + shipping

Manufacturer details below:

Engine Management System
    The TEC³ represents the current in state-of-the-art fuel injection and direct ignition control integrated into one revolutionary package. The TEC³ is a PC-programmable engine control system featuring a powerful Windows-based tuning environment. Converting from carburetion to fuel injection has never been easier than with the TEC³. Whether you choose to run throttle body injection, multi-port, or individual throttle bodies,the TEC³ will provide you with the ability to tune your engine to its peak capabilities.
    Street enthusiasts will enjoy the benefits of a ‘distributorless’ ignition system that not only is infinitely adjustable, accurate, and powerful, but also gives you improved firewall clearance and freedom from all those ignition amplification boxes that you used to run in the past. If you are running an aggressive profile camshaft, idle control has always proven to be problematic for lesser engine management systems, but not for the TEC³. Within the WinTEC software resides our exclusive ‘TPS/MAP Idle Blend’ table. With a few clicks of the keyboard, you will enjoy an idle quality that other engine management systems only dream of having.
    For competition and ultra high output engines, the sophistication and power of the TEC³ system simply out-performs other production and aftermarket systems. With full control of the engine over all possible operating conditions, outputs that will control nitrous, boost, VTEC, and other devices, new rev-limiters with ‘Triple Smooth’ technology, and On-Board Data Acquisition, the TEC³ gives you Total Engine Control...and makes the competition green with envy!

The TEC³ Engine Control Unit

The TEC³ ECU incorporates the winning features of our previous TEC-2 system while adding an abundance of new features and a powerful new processing platform. Electronic Fuel Injection (EFI) control and patented digital Direct Ignition control is standard hardware for every TEC3. The anodized, laser-etched ECU with waterproof OEM style connectors and harness may be mounted under the hood or in the passenger compartment and will activate separate multi-coil DFU’s (Direct Fire Units) mounted adjacent to (or on) the engine.

Standard features built in to the TEC³:
    PC programmable and configurable for 1, 2, 3, 4, 6, 8, cyl. engines and Rotories with a 12 cyl.and 6 cyl dual plug option
    Operate in Open or Closed loop
    Run True Sequential, Phased Sequential or Simultaneous Injection with individual cylinder trim
    Configurable for TBI, MPI, TPI and individual throttle bodies

Additional Injector Output Drivers built-in.. Run Low or High impedance injectors

Full 150 mJ of Spark Energy directly to the plugs without misfire

New Dual Rev Limiters with ‘Triple Smooth Technology’.. 1st step retards timing to a negative -12º degrees.. 2nd step cuts coil current in half.. 3rd step coil current and fuel are cut-off.. all three steps occurring within milliseconds!
    Waste Gate (Boost Control), Nitrous Control with up to 4 stage retard available

Four Programmable GPO’s (General Purpose Outputs) to control or activate VTEC, Shift Lights, Water Pumps and Fans, A/C Compressor, Torque Converter and more.

New Programmable Adjustable Electronic Tachometer Output

Uses primarily GM type sensors

Diagnostic monitoring with codes issued through Check Engine Light

Easy to install bolt-on Trigger Wheel and Mag Sensor Kits available for many applications

Made in the USA

On-Board Data Acquistion Adjustable Sample Rates up to 100 samples per second Simultaneously record data from up to 25 inputs including: Air/fuel Ratios, Injector Duty Cycle and Pulse Width, RPM and Throttle Position, Gear Position, MPH, Boost (manifold pressure) and much more!
    Additional configurable Digital and Analog Input Channels View Multiple Data Graphs side by side or Graphs may be overlayed for comparison Graphic Screen Displays may be Printed and
    Data may also be exported to a Spreadsheet program for further analysis Data Logging can be started and stopped manually using a switch, or the system can be configured to automatically start and stop via values pre-set by the user

The TEC³ Engine Management System will run the following configurations:
    4 Cylinder
    6 Cylinder
    8 Cylinder
    4 Cylinder, Dual Plug
    Staged Injection
    Sequential Injection

turbo addict

Re: Electromotive TEC-3 standalone engine electronics

I have never heard of it, but that looks like a sweet set up. Hope it goes to a nice turbo Mopar.

Free bump.

Authorized Vendor Turbo Mopar Vendor mario03SRT's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 1FastCSX289 View Post
    I have never heard of it, but that looks like a sweet set up. Hope it goes to a nice turbo Mopar.

Free bump.
    What rock have you bee under?

turbo addict

tempting....

turbo addict

Quote Originally Posted by mario03SRT View Post
    What rock have you bee under?
    The SDS rock? I dont know. Im not a stand alone expert by any means......

You speaking ebonics now? What rock you be under?

Hybrid booster Turbo Mopar Contributor Austrian Dodge's Avatar

man, i should've seen that 6months ago....
    now i'm on haltech

free bump for a GREAT!!! product

Buy my stuff!!!!!!!!!!! :O) Turbo Mopar Vendor turbovanman²'s Avatar

Wanna sell the trigger wheel setup?
    1989 FWD Turbo Caravan-2.5 TIII, GT35R, auto, a/c, cruise, pwr windows/locks, fully loaded with interior and ran with full exhaust. RETIRED FOR A FEW YEARS! 12.57@104 :O)
    1984 Chev Getaway van, 6.2 Diesel with a remote mounted turbo setup burning WMO-For sale.
    2003 GSW 2.0L TDI, auto, fully loaded, modified, 360K-wife's.
    2004 GSW TDI, 5 speed, fully loaded, modified.

Aurora ignition wires for sale. Link to info

Super60 roller cams or custom/billet cams. Link to info

Garrett booster

Quote Originally Posted by turbovanman View Post
    Wanna sell the trigger wheel setup?
    Hi Simon, I'm going to keep the trigger wheel with the system and sell it complete.

It's a universal wheel and pickup, needs some customization to make it work on a 2.2/2.5 although i can give some pointers and/or sources on how i did my GLHS if a buyer wants to make this work on a TD..

Buy my stuff!!!!!!!!!!! :O) Turbo Mopar Vendor turbovanman²'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by omnigoestohell View Post
    Hi Simon, I'm going to keep the trigger wheel with the system and sell it complete.

It's a universal wheel and pickup, needs some customization to make it work on a 2.2/2.5 although i can give some pointers and/or sources on how i did my GLHS if a buyer wants to make this work on a TD..
    I figured, thought I'd try,

Thanks, I might need it,
    1989 FWD Turbo Caravan-2.5 TIII, GT35R, auto, a/c, cruise, pwr windows/locks, fully loaded with interior and ran with full exhaust. RETIRED FOR A FEW YEARS! 12.57@104 :O)
    1984 Chev Getaway van, 6.2 Diesel with a remote mounted turbo setup burning WMO-For sale.
    2003 GSW 2.0L TDI, auto, fully loaded, modified, 360K-wife's.
    2004 GSW TDI, 5 speed, fully loaded, modified.

Aurora ignition wires for sale. Link to info

Super60 roller cams or custom/billet cams. Link to info

Hybrid booster Turbo Mopar Contributor Austrian Dodge's Avatar

hey simon, i sell you my haltech setup (complete wiring harness with all connectors soldered for a TM setup included) and i'm gonna buy this tec3...

lets say $1000.00USD for the complete kit?

Garrett booster

bump.

Hybrid booster

i have seen this kit in person and it looks BRAND NEW !!!!!
    bump for a great guy to do business with !!!!!!! wish i could afford it

Norm

Garrett booster

bump again.. still have the Tec3.. will put to ebay later this week if no TD guys are interested..
    Last edited by omnigoestohell; 09-08-2008 at 10:26 AM.

Mitsu booster

hi do you still have the tec-3 system. are there any injectors with the system

Hi my name is Robin Spires and i am intrested in buying the tec3. I am not used to using a forum and dont know how to work this out my email is rspires@avenuebb.com Do you take paypal

Garrett booster

Quote Originally Posted by daryl View Post
    hi do you still have the tec-3 system. are there any injectors with the system
    Hi, no injectors with the system, it comes as pictured above. It will work with any of the stock injectors or you can use most aftermarket as well.

I do take paypal or checks but need to wait for either to clear before shipping. No western union or other scam BS.. PM me if serious about the kit and I can get any other pictures or answer any other questions you might have.

Hoosier Daddy?? Turbo Mopar Staff Clay's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rspires@avenuebb.com View Post
    Hi my name is Robin Spires and i am intrested in buying the tec3. I am not used to using a forum and dont know how to work this out my email is rspires@avenuebb.com Do you take paypal
    wow, Clinton, IN eh? Your just about 5 minutes from my house.
    Clay
    1986 GLH-T - Flat black......... learn it, love it, LIVE IT!
    1988 LeBaron GTC Turbo

SDML Readers Rides
    C/S Registry
    Stuff For Sale

Hey I got gunny and ended up buying a Haltec 1000, sorry about that you should put it on ebay i just bid on one the other day and it went for 1575.00 with a few extras. Im looking for some coils now.