Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How many of you have launch control/anti lag?

TurboII

How many of you have launch control/anti lag?

I was wondering if anybody runs this and how do you like it. I had a new chip made up for my car and have anti-lag with a two step built in to it. chip is almost like a stage 5 but with a anti-lag and 2step and other thing added to it.

Tell me what you think
    Joey

Hoosier Daddy?? Turbo Mopar Staff Clay's Avatar

Re: How many of you have launch control/anti lag?

Ive been using the blueberry 60 cal with launch control for a while now. I havent tried the latest version of the turbonator cal w/ the anti lag, so I have no real experience with it.

I love the launch control feature though. I set mine to 5300 RPMs, which gives me about 10 psi sitting at the line. 60' times average in the mid/high 1.7s. Drop the clutch and GO, errr hang on!!!!
    Clay
    1986 GLH-T - Flat black......... learn it, love it, LIVE IT!
    1988 LeBaron GTC Turbo

SDML Readers Rides
    C/S Registry
    Stuff For Sale

Hybrid booster

Quote Originally Posted by Clay View Post
    Ive been using the blueberry 60 cal with launch control for a while now. I havent tried the latest version of the turbonator cal w/ the anti lag, so I have no real experience with it.

I love the launch control feature though. I set mine to 5300 RPMs, which gives me about 10 psi sitting at the line. 60' times average in the mid/high 1.7s. Drop the clutch and GO, errr hang on!!!!
    Take it your running slicks??

I know I could not do that with my drag radials - hell they spin on the omni now and I have nothing major done.

I have heard of this anti-lag feature on the TU cals... what is it and hows it work?

TurboII

Quote Originally Posted by clarkwhoracing View Post

I know I could not do that with my drag radials - hell they spin on the omni now and I have nothing major done.
    Cant wait to install mine. I have mine controlled by pushing the a/c button. when i need 2 step/anti lag i just turn it on when i dont i shut it off. Oh i dont have a/c btw. All i need is a bigger intercooler which is on it was 24x12x4 30.5 end to end and +40s and a 3bar. Cant wait

Hoosier Daddy?? Turbo Mopar Staff Clay's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by clarkwhoracing View Post

yes, slicks FTW!

The nice thing about the launch control is you can adjust the RPM set points. So in theory you could adjust your RPM and maybe some of the boost variables to make the car launch better on street tires or drag radials.

but once you run slicks, you will never run on DOTs again!
    Clay
    1986 GLH-T - Flat black......... learn it, love it, LIVE IT!
    1988 LeBaron GTC Turbo

SDML Readers Rides
    C/S Registry
    Stuff For Sale

Rhymes with tortoise. Turbo Mopar Staff cordes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JuXsA View Post
    I have heard of this anti-lag feature on the TU cals... what is it and hows it work?
    I think that the TU cals just pull out a bunch of timing based on the MAP. From about 0" to lets say a couple lbs. of boost it will pull a ton of timing which will help to spool the turbo.

Rob does it by pulling timing while staging.

I have run the staging mod successfully also, and I really like it.

Angry Re: How many of you have launch control/anti lag?

I've had mixed results using the staging limiter. I had mine set at 5500 (for slicks). The first night out it worked great, with 60' times in the low 1.70's. The following week, for no apparent reason it would bog miserably with 2.0-2.2 sec. short times, murdering my e.t.'s. With staging disabled everything was fine. I like the way it works, but only when it works.

Visit www.boostbutton.com... Turbo Mopar Contributor ShelGame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cordes View Post
    I think that the TU cals just pull out a bunch of timing based on the MAP. From about 0" to lets say a couple lbs. of boost it will pull a ton of timing which will help to spool the turbo.

It actually works when not staging as well. Normally, it only pulls timing when you go WOT. The staging limiter ignores the WOT requirement for anti-lag, so you get anti-lag + staging limiter.
    https://db.tt/SV7ONZpQ
    Rob Lloyd
    '89 Daytona C/S

2.5 T1 Auto
    13.24 @ 100.5mph
    NHRA #3728 AF/S

boostbutton.com
    tuning wiki

Visit www.boostbutton.com... Turbo Mopar Contributor ShelGame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mock_glh View Post
    I've had mixed results using the staging limiter. I had mine set at 5500 (for slicks). The first night out it worked great, with 60' times in the low 1.70's. The following week, for no apparent reason it would bog miserably with 2.0-2.2 sec. short times, murdering my e.t.'s. With staging disabled everything was fine. I like the way it works, but only when it works.
    Staging limiter in which cal? BB60/LB60 code is different from Turbonator. If you have a problem with the Turbonator stuff, let me know and I'll try hard to fix it. Code doesn't (usually) work one day and not the next for no apparent reason. Something must've changed for it to stop working correctly...
    https://db.tt/SV7ONZpQ
    Rob Lloyd
    '89 Daytona C/S

2.5 T1 Auto
    13.24 @ 100.5mph
    NHRA #3728 AF/S

boostbutton.com
    tuning wiki

See me ride out of the sunset... Turbo Mopar Staff BadAssPerformance's Avatar

I have M&H, ACT, and driver mod

JT
    SDAC Director
    SDAC-Chicago President
    JOIN SDAC and your local Chapter TODAY! - SUPPORT the CLUB that supports YOUR HOBBY!
    87 Shelby Z - 10.50@141.66mph
    87 CSX #751 Clone - 12.88@102.88mph

www.badassperformance.com
    Check out Turbo-Mopar Times!
    Submit your 1/4 mile times HERE!!

Support SDAC! Join Today!
    "I'm not some pro athlete with a bajillion dollars, I'm just an every man"
    Note: The information and any images provided in this post are not for distribution outside this forum without the author's permission.

Quote Originally Posted by ShelGame View Post
    Staging limiter in which cal? BB60/LB60 code is different from Turbonator. If you have a problem with the Turbonator stuff, let me know and I'll try hard to fix it. Code doesn't (usually) work one day and not the next for no apparent reason. Something must've changed for it to stop working correctly...
    I wonder if it wasn't environmental changes that were responsible? Temperature, humidity, track condition, etc. I'd think that stuff might necessitate a change in the limiter setpoints from day to day and track to track. Correct me if I'm wrong.

boostaholic Turbo Mopar Contributor

Just fyi, it's Rob's turbonator smec v12 cal. I built the cal and burnt the chip for him. It currently *DOESN'T* have anti-lag enabled. He doesn't have an EGT yet, so I told him I'd be leaving it off as I don't want to melt something down on his DD. PM me if you want it on, and I'll pick up the chip later.

Anyways, I have the bb60 based staging limiter in my car and it works pretty well. Although I'm not sure if it's my vss being flaky or something else because sometimes it doesn't set. If I roll the car a little it will set. No track times, but if I launch 50% with it it will hook and go on crappy street tires. I just got drag radials today, so I'll know in a month or so how those work.

TurboII

Quote Originally Posted by risen View Post
    Just fyi, it's Rob's turbonator smec v12 cal. I built the cal and burnt the chip for him. It currently *DOESN'T* have anti-lag enabled. He doesn't have an EGT yet, so I told him I'd be leaving it off as I don't want to melt something down on his DD. PM me if you want it on, and I'll pick up the chip later.

Anyways, I have the bb60 based staging limiter in my car and it works pretty well. Although I'm not sure if it's my vss being flaky or something else because sometimes it doesn't set. If I roll the car a little it will set. No track times, but if I launch 50% with it it will hook and go on crappy street tires. I just got drag radials today, so I'll know in a month or so how those work.
    hey Keith are you talking about rob not having anti-lag on or are you talking to me about not having anti-lag on.

Still in the process of getting everything. I.E injectors, intercooler...gauges.

boostaholic Turbo Mopar Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by TurboII View Post
    hey Keith are you talking about rob not having anti-lag on or are you talking to me about not having anti-lag on.

Still in the process of getting everything. I.E injectors, intercooler...gauges.
    Your cal has the anti-lag routine disabled. Rob's the one who wrote the cal and it's anti-lag routine. If you get an EGT guage LMK and I'll turn the anti-lag on in the cal. I just don't want to see you destroy your turbo or anything else on your DD because you can't properly monitor the car.

TurboII

OHHHH okay ill let you know when im ready

I have the blueberry launch rev limiter on my car. At the track with slicks it works great. It launches so hard it feels like the car is going to rip apart.
    SDAC member "It's not the ride, it's the rider."

turbo addict

if you stay on the stutter too long it loads up with fuel and bogs. yes two steps are nice.

Quote Originally Posted by ShelGame View Post
    Staging limiter in which cal?...
    BB60, Bucar 2.5 version.

Mitsu booster

Quote Originally Posted by cordes View Post

It depends on what style your talking about Drag or Rally

Drag style anti-lag operates at the line and-to an extent-between shifts. it retards the timing and richens the fuel mixture a bit when your about to launch. This basically moves combustion into the exhaust manifolds and helps the turbo spool. the same thing happens when you shift, but not so much as at the line.

Rally style anti-lag operates while driving and happens basically everytime you let off the throttle. these cars keep spooled all the freakin time

Side effects of both are very very very increased wear on manifolds and especially your turbo. its really bad for the little snail on the back of the engine. however theres nothing quite like pulling up to a group of ricers and revving it up and shooting 3 ft flames out of your tail pipes with a sound like a machine gun going off. all the hood gangstas run for cover when that goes down seen it happen before.

i was wondering what the TD solution was for 2-step. i was looking at getting it for my van.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast