Thread: upper ic hose bov in box, thoughts

turbo addict

upper ic hose bov in box, thoughts

ok so i installed a bov in my car but it just annoys me that it doesnt look factory anymore, i know a cone filter is probably better for future mods but just looks tacky especially with the smec sticking out wanting a hose attatched to it. Has anyone done this before:

got bored today had a t1 intake box laying around, thanks ben, and did some thinking i was thinking of bonding the metal to the plastic air box and try and make it look somewhat factory. going to see if it would still mount to the airbox bracket

nvm the sock it was temporary...and cheap

Re: upper ic hose bov in box, thoughts

I think it looks great, I will probably make something just like it for my Laser.
    84 Laser XE TII A555 89 Caravan SE TIV A568

turbo addict

Here's what I did... Good enough for now.

Jack, have you tried fitting it yet? It looks like it might be a close fit with the head.
    84 Laser XE TII A555 89 Caravan SE TIV A568

I just got the idea to do something like the tryingbe's car, but point the BOV down and vent it directly into the airbox like right in like with the intake hose to the turbo. the blast of air should help to keep the turbo spooled. and with it being pointed down it would be more out of the way and stand out less
    95 spirit 3.0/543 15.0@91 N/A, 14.5@96 on a 50 shot RIP 87 shelby Z - project car, maybe I can drive it this year 91 spirit - roll it, chop the top, do some burnouts! RIP

turbo addict

Quote Originally Posted by Murphy View Post
    I just got the idea to do something like the tryingbe's car, but point the BOV down and vent it directly into the airbox like right in like with the intake hose to the turbo. the blast of air should help to keep the turbo spooled. and with it being pointed down it would be more out of the way and stand out less
    thats not a bad though either, it would make it stealthy and more quiet, thats not a bad idea either.

Ben knows, but the bov doesnt hit the head with it in the box like i had it. its about a pinky finger away, if anyone was wondering that too

or maybe mount it on the lower IC hose like this

(that setup is for sale BTW) http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=25730
    95 spirit 3.0/543 15.0@91 N/A, 14.5@96 on a 50 shot RIP 87 shelby Z - project car, maybe I can drive it this year 91 spirit - roll it, chop the top, do some burnouts! RIP

turbo addict

i actually played around with mounting the stock bov in the lower hose, not only did i not want to screw up and ruin the hose i was pretty chicken about it, i was going to mount it at the same place that setup is, but it hit the coolant lines in that area and if i tried to move it down it would hit the clutch lever, and i was going to cut the ends off but it ended up just not working so i said screw it and cut the flange off and mounted it to some pipe