Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 1985 Dodge Omni GLH Turbo Sante Fe Blue LOTTA PICS

Mitsu booster

Thumbs up SOLD 1985 Dodge Omni GLH Turbo Sante Fe Blue LOTTA PICS

SOLD
    I have a 1985 Sante Fe Blue GLH Turbo that I have decided I just do not need.

I have 7 vehicles, and 3 of them HAVE to go. One of them being this car.

I just bought this from a friend about a just over a month ago. It sat for several years in his garage and has had about 800 miles or so put on it since 2001.

The good.
    -GLH T
    -Sante Fe Blue
    -Interior like new (has had 80s style seat covers on the front/back since new)
    -80,800 miles
    -2Bar map just replaced (it had a 1bar map installed... reason why it didnt run right and reason why my friend sold it)
    -New plugs
    -New wires
    -New Cap/rotor
    -New FPR on fuel rail
    -Oil just changed
    -Boosts to 6PSI (my SRT-4 boost gauge is not included)
    -Starts right up first time every time, engine nice and quiet
    -No mods ever
    -Original keys, original paper work, original owners manual, many receipts.

The not so good
    -Paint peel
    -Tach doesnt work
    -Fan/Heater/AC switch doesnt work
    -Car stumbles after a few mins of driving, I can shut the car off and start it right back up and it drives fine again.
    -Small rust bubbles on front corner of hood, and rear wheel well. Small surface rust spot on rear hatch where pain peeled away and moisture sat. Nothing that cant be fixed.

Reason for sale, I have too many vehicles and this is just another one to distract me from two others that need attention. One being an SRT swap in my NYG Neon.

Title in hand, clean and clear. Terms CASH Located St Paul area of Minnesota
    Chris

Last edited by ACRucrazy; 06-04-2008 at 05:20 PM.

Super Moderator Turbo Mopar Staff contraption22's Avatar

Re: 1985 Dodge Omni GLH Turbo Sante Fe Blue LOTTA PICS

Schwing!
    Mike Marra
    1986 Plymouth Horizon GLMF "The Contraption" < entertaining sponsorship offers
    Project Log:
    http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/showthread.php?69708-The-Contraption-2013-14&highlight=

wow!! love the interior... GL with the sale. sweet ride for sure. too bad i already have 2 or i'd consider it myself!

boostaholic

Bump for a good guy.Ive known Chris for a few years now.He wont rip you off.

boostaholic

My lord thats hot, Wish I had the money I've been looking for something smaller than my 89 Tona

Authorized Vendor Turbo Mopar Vendor mario03SRT's Avatar

ACRucrazy,

Looking good!

How bout the underside, frame rails, A pillar/LM/pass side rust? Floor etc.

Mitsu booster

rails/floor/etc good.

Ive been under the car and saw no issues. I could try and snap some pics tomorrow if needed.

I really dont want to sell this
    But I dont know TDs like I know neons, and ambition to work on it is lacking.

Few friends of mine who know these cars mentioned it could be the hall effect pickup causing the stumbling issues and the tach to not work, I really dont know.

boostaholic

Yikes lol

TOTAL TIME: DISTANCE:
    13 hours 10 minutes i763.60 m

turbo addict

Mike I'm a bit closer to St. Paul then you.. I would be willing to travel via bus or train to the vehicle and drive it back to you.. Kinda like vanishing point style back only I would promise to keep it in one piece.
    [FONT="Arial Black"][/FONT] ____________________________________________ 92 Voyager LE 3.3/A604 luxury liner 185k [COLOR="Red"]"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Ben Franklin[/COLOR] [COLOR="White"]"It's not tyranny we desire; it's a just, limited, federal government." Alexander Hamilton[/COLOR] [COLOR="Blue"]Support our economy-BUY AMERICA: [url]http://nortonsusa.com/[/url][/COLOR]

boostaholic

I'd love to have it if he was interested in a trade for it and some cash. I've got a crap ton of mods to mine

Authorized Vendor Turbo Mopar Vendor mario03SRT's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WickedShelby88 View Post
    Mike I'm a bit closer to St. Paul then you.. I would be willing to travel via bus or train to the vehicle and drive it back to you.. Kinda like vanishing point style back only I would promise to keep it in one piece.
    If only it wouldn't stall out all the time. Truck and trailer time or a flatbed. Gas would probably kill you.

turbo addict

Dang....I like...but broke. As far as the paint goes, my son had his Del Sol repainted at Maacco in Lafayette, IN and I could not believe how it looked! There was NO orange peel, NO runs, NO overspray....I even pulled back weather stripping and other places...they actually painted it the right way!!! He spent @ $800 and they even gor rid of the antenna and the nose mounted fog lights and you would think it was factory!

Mitsu booster

This is something I may be interested in. Please give me a call or Pm me with your number so we can talk.
    Thanks.
    Mike M
    262-620-3452

See me ride out of the sunset... Turbo Mopar Staff BadAssPerformance's Avatar

Nice car there

Do it Mike!

JT
    SDAC Director
    SDAC-Chicago President
    JOIN SDAC and your local Chapter TODAY! - SUPPORT the CLUB that supports YOUR HOBBY!
    87 Shelby Z - 10.50@141.66mph
    87 CSX #751 Clone - 12.88@102.88mph

www.badassperformance.com
    Check out Turbo-Mopar Times!
    Submit your 1/4 mile times HERE!!

Support SDAC! Join Today!
    "I'm not some pro athlete with a bajillion dollars, I'm just an every man"
    Note: The information and any images provided in this post are not for distribution outside this forum without the author's permission.

Mitsu booster

Spoke with the owner today. Seems like a super nice guy. Unfortunately, the price plus travel expenses were the deal breaker. The car sounds very nice and I believe is worth the asking price for someone who lives close by. If you can get a good deal from Target Ad, never miss that.

Mike
    Last edited by BadAssPerformance; 11-11-2020 at 01:02 PM.

Mitsu booster

Pending to a local buyer off craigslist, cash was put down on it tonight and will be paid for tomorrow.
    I had three very serious local buyers tonight. It was getting kinda interesting. LOL

Sad to sell it, but oh well.
    The majority seems to agree pick up being the culprit of the issue, as tach doesnt work either.

Hybrid booster

Quote Originally Posted by ATaylorRacing View Post
    Dang....I like...but broke. As far as the paint goes, my son had his Del Sol repainted at Maacco in Lafayette, IN and I could not believe how it looked! There was NO orange peel, NO runs, NO overspray....I even pulled back weather stripping and other places...they actually painted it the right way!!! He spent @ $800 and they even gor rid of the antenna and the nose mounted fog lights and you would think it was factory!
    are you getting flash backs of 11 sec passes with insane nos, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by ACRucrazy View Post
    Pending to a local buyer off craigslist, cash was put down on it tonight and will be paid for tomorrow.
    I had three very serious local buyers tonight. It was getting kinda interesting. LOL

Sad to sell it, but oh well.
    The majority seems to agree pick up being the culprit of the issue, as tach doesnt work either.
    sounds like my story of the last spirit r/t i just sold, had a bunch of lookers and tire kickers then i put it on craigslist and had my choice of 3 people that i could sell it to the next day and did sell it the next day for $200 more than here, lol.

Mitsu booster

Quote Originally Posted by glht_omni View Post
    sounds like my story of the last spirit r/t i just sold, had a bunch of lookers and tire kickers then i put it on craigslist and had my choice of 3 people that i could sell it to the next day and did sell it the next day for $200 more than here, lol.

EXACTLY
    what happened.

Mitsu booster

Hi,

PLEASE HELP!

I'm hoping you will be reachable through this site

This used to be my car!

I bought it with 25,000 miles on it from the original owner in 1988. I owned it for 7 or 8 years.

I did a lot of work to it, but kept it stock.

Please contact me as I am curious about where it is now and would love to tell you more about it's history.

Or, if you are the person that currently owns it or know where it may be, please contact me.

Maybe other members of this site know something about it's current condition?

Thanks,

Doug

Phone: 651-351-1700
    Date: June 13, 2010

boostaholic

Quote Originally Posted by Doug View Post
    Hi,

PLEASE HELP!

I'm hoping you will be reachable through this site

This used to be my car!

I bought it with 25,000 miles on it from the original owner in 1988. I owned it for 7 or 8 years.

I did a lot of work to it, but kept it stock.

Please contact me as I am curious about where it is now and would love to tell you more about it's history.

Or, if you are the person that currently owns it or know where it may be, please contact me.

Maybe other members of this site know something about it's current condition?

Thanks,

Doug

Phone: 651-351-1700
    Date: June 13, 2010
    Best way to contace Chris is through Neons.org.He hasnt been on here for awhile.He use the same SN as here.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast