Thread: Quick J-Yard trip today

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor 2.216VTurbo's Avatar

Quick J-Yard trip today

...In between accounts today I had planned on just a quick recon trip thru a yard I hadn't been to in a few weeks. I was only carrying a 1/4" drive socket rack, multi-bit screwdriver, and some Channel Locks. So when I saw the car wearing these wheels, I had to hoof it back to the car for more tools. Someone had pulled all the lugnuts except they couldn't get the wheel locks off. They must have been but it made me pretty

I've been wanting to try some Crabs on the Rampage for a while but had been holding out for some 6.5"ers. I dont think the 225's will clear the wells but I'll give em a shot anyway
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMGP1819.jpg 
Views:	101 
Size:	482.4 KB 
ID:	8592  

AJ (no More Alan) 84 Rampage RT TIII/568 Quaife 87 GLHS dealer optioned Red 16V Masi/568/Quaife
    90 Masi 16V White/Ginger/Black
    89 TC Masi 16V Red/Ginger/Black
    86 GLHS #110 RoadRace Built 89 CSX-VNT Recaro Car
    89 Turbo Mini 'Woody' 85 GLHT 'RedBox'
    2014 Explorer DD'r 3.5Twin Turbo Ecoboost AWD and 500HP
    My profile page has over 20,000 views, I'm somebody LOL

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor j4278h's Avatar

Re: Quick J-Yard trip today

anything else on that shelby daytona?
    intercooled car?
    year?

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor supercrackerbox's Avatar

Let me know how the tires fit.

boostaholic

Quote Originally Posted by j4278h View Post
    anything else on that shelby daytona?
    intercooled car?
    year?
    Yea, what he said.

turbo addict

Nice find.. Those crabs look really clean..
    [FONT="Arial Black"][/FONT] ____________________________________________ 92 Voyager LE 3.3/A604 luxury liner 185k [COLOR="Red"]"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Ben Franklin[/COLOR] [COLOR="White"]"It's not tyranny we desire; it's a just, limited, federal government." Alexander Hamilton[/COLOR] [COLOR="Blue"]Support our economy-BUY AMERICA: [url]http://nortonsusa.com/[/url][/COLOR]

Hmm, wierdness, I posted a reply yesterday but it never went thru I guess

The car is an 87 TI/auto red with severly peeling clearcoat. Other than that, the car is as nice as they come, very strait body, gently used interrior with power seats, T'Tops, just overall a well cared for car. Heck there is not even any curb rash on any of the rims Kind of car that makes you bummed it's in the yard I'm sure it will be a shell or gone by the next time I get back to that yard...

AJ (no More Alan) 84 Rampage RT TIII/568 Quaife 87 GLHS dealer optioned Red 16V Masi/568/Quaife

Supporting Member II Turbo Mopar Contributor

Alan, did you forget to mention which yard that is?

John Laing

"The sole condition which is required in order to succeed in centralizing the supreme power in a democratic community, is to love equality, or to get men to believe you love it. Thus the science of despotism, which was once so complex is simplified, and reduced . . . . to a single principle."
    -- Alexis de Tocqueville

"One of the methods used by statists to destroy capitalism consists in establishing controls that tie a given industry hand and foot, making it unable to solve its problems, then declaring that freedom has failed and stronger controls are necessary."
    --Ayn Rand

"To evolve, you don't need a Constitution. All you need is a legislature and a ballot box . . . . things will evolve as much as you want. All of these changes can come about democratically; you don't need a Constitution to do that and it's not the function of a Constitution to do that."
    -- Justice Antonin Scalia

turbo addict

At least its parts can be used to fix other Z's that are on the road, however, from what you say and it being a t-top with the impossible to find weatherstripping it makes it a complete travesty to our following for it to be in there.. Now what would you charge for the LM if you make it back out there?
    [FONT="Arial Black"][/FONT] ____________________________________________ 92 Voyager LE 3.3/A604 luxury liner 185k [COLOR="Red"]"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Ben Franklin[/COLOR] [COLOR="White"]"It's not tyranny we desire; it's a just, limited, federal government." Alexander Hamilton[/COLOR] [COLOR="Blue"]Support our economy-BUY AMERICA: [url]http://nortonsusa.com/[/url][/COLOR]

How about asking if they can sell it to an out of state junk yard? There has to be a way to save the good ones from the evil Ca. crushers.

Hybrid booster

Quote Originally Posted by 2.216VTurbo View Post
    T'Tops

You should pull that t-top trim if it's in good shape.

Admin- "Alexandria" Ken... Comes W/4 Car Garage Turbo Mopar Staff GLHSKEN's Avatar

You ever tried to pull T-top Trim.... Aint happening. I have a ful set downstairs NEW I'm not going to use.
    Ken Adler....
    Cars, A few (9)

Quote Originally Posted by GLHSKEN View Post
    You ever tried to pull T-top Trim.... Aint happening. I have a ful set downstairs NEW I'm not going to use.
    Um Huh, G body is like the only TD I've never had ('cept for a 90VNT for a year)But I had heard how rare intact T-top body seals are. So I did try in that car. I carefully unscrewed the upper plastic trim, and gently pulled the plastic push rivets out where the rubbers end. Then slowly carefully began to peal back the seal, it tears Tried from the other side get about 10" and it tears too. So not sure how that stuff is removed but it's glued in and ain't coming out easily...

turbo addict

Alan, the trim is a total PITA to remove without breaking. The seals themselves are pretty much impossible to remove since they are glued in.
    “If the people of the nation understood our banking and monetary system, I believe there would be a revolution before tomorrow morning.” -Henry Ford

Hybrid booster

Quote Originally Posted by GLHSKEN View Post
    Yeah, I have. Put new trims on the 86 in the fall of 2006 along with new window scrapers.