Thread: Vacuum line ? Have to know ASAP

turbo addict

Vacuum line ? Have to know ASAP

Okay this is for a VNT so you know. I didn't know how to move my thread in the other section so I needed to post here for a quicker response. This should speak for itself.

[FONT="Arial Black"][/FONT] ____________________________________________ 92 Voyager LE 3.3/A604 luxury liner 185k [COLOR="Red"]"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Ben Franklin[/COLOR] [COLOR="White"]"It's not tyranny we desire; it's a just, limited, federal government." Alexander Hamilton[/COLOR] [COLOR="Blue"]Support our economy-BUY AMERICA: [url]http://nortonsusa.com/[/url][/COLOR]

Hybrid booster Turbo Mopar Contributor

Re: Vacuum line ? Have to know ASAP

A Checkvalve??? You could test it in trying to blow through it. Should only work in one direction.
    Let's play cars.....:bump2: [URL="http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2909181"]Visit my ride[/URL] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

turbo addict

Ended up being some kind of unmentioned solenoid on the diagram. I was kinda intrigued how these VNT setups might have worked when new. This one works, but the car still will bury the boost gauge bone stock.
    [FONT="Arial Black"][/FONT] ____________________________________________ 92 Voyager LE 3.3/A604 luxury liner 185k [COLOR="Red"]"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Ben Franklin[/COLOR] [COLOR="White"]"It's not tyranny we desire; it's a just, limited, federal government." Alexander Hamilton[/COLOR] [COLOR="Blue"]Support our economy-BUY AMERICA: [url]http://nortonsusa.com/[/url][/COLOR]

Hybrid booster

If its bolted on the pass strut tower, it's the VNT #1

Chrysler left the name/identifier in the schematic in the FSM, but it's in the CSX-VNT supplement

turbo addict

Okay that definitely clears things up. Thats crazy. 3 solenoids for that sucker. That makes 5 solenoids all together if you include the baro and the purge which I have all hooked up correctly. Finally fixed the overboost issue when I zip tied and taped the splice I made to hose going from one of the solenoids to the port on the compressor housing. Crazy stuff indeed. No oil in the lines either. Car is a good runner.

two point two much fun Turbo Mopar Staff Turbodave's Avatar

Glad to hear it was just vacuum lines Joseph
    Dave Tekampe
    Director SDAC National
    VP SDAC-Chicago

85 GLH-Turbo (DC intercooled)
    86 GLHS #107
    87 GLHS #148
    87 CSX #161, #608, #674
    88 CSX-T #529, #541
    89 Shadow Competition Package and lots more...