Thread: WTB: 2 door P body window scrapers

turbo addict

WTB: 2 door P body window scrapers

Just as its says. I'm looking for some window scrapers or the rubber seals that go on the outside that always crack on some cars that will fit a 90 shadow 2 door. They don't have to be perfect just in one piece. This is for my moms new car ( new to her) and I want to fix all the little crap I can for her.
    [FONT="Arial Black"][/FONT] ____________________________________________ 92 Voyager LE 3.3/A604 luxury liner 185k [COLOR="Red"]"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Ben Franklin[/COLOR] [COLOR="White"]"It's not tyranny we desire; it's a just, limited, federal government." Alexander Hamilton[/COLOR] [COLOR="Blue"]Support our economy-BUY AMERICA: [url]http://nortonsusa.com/[/url][/COLOR]

turbo addict

Re: WTB: 2 door P body window scrapers

The '90 Shadows have the newer style window scrapers right? Not like the '87 - '89 style? If so, I know for certain that my brother and I have a pair at the garage.

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor j4278h's Avatar

Nope the 90 got the fat scraper like the 87-89. 91-94 was the small scraper that holds up a million times better than the fat one. Shoot i've got probably 7 sets of the skinny ones.

You could make the skinny ones work, it will not look right with the fat trim in the 1/4 window but will keep water out.

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor supercrackerbox's Avatar

Does anyone have a definitive picture of the differences between the two?

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor j4278h's Avatar

I'll get pics of the thin and thick scrapers tomorrow

turbo addict

Cool guys. Pics will be great. I don't really have any cars to compare this one to. I guess whenever I see an 89 or older I should grab these really quick if none of you guys end up having them. I will be going back next week or so to finish fixing the car. Radiator fan issue still persists.
    [FONT="Arial Black"][/FONT] ____________________________________________ 92 Voyager LE 3.3/A604 luxury liner 185k [COLOR="Red"]"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Ben Franklin[/COLOR] [COLOR="White"]"It's not tyranny we desire; it's a just, limited, federal government." Alexander Hamilton[/COLOR] [COLOR="Blue"]Support our economy-BUY AMERICA: [url]http://nortonsusa.com/[/url][/COLOR]

turbo addict Turbo Mopar Contributor Anonymous_User's Avatar

If you use the skinny ones, could you change the 1/4 window trim to match?

two point two much fun Turbo Mopar Staff Turbodave's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous_User View Post
    If you use the skinny ones, could you change the 1/4 window trim to match?
    You could, but the problem is that the 87-90 cars have metal trim that surrounds the entire window, that is all fastened with those little trim posts and plastic clips. To have it look right you would have to remove all the trim, grind the posts down and refinish the door and rear 1/4 panel.
    Dave Tekampe
    Director SDAC National
    VP SDAC-Chicago

85 GLH-Turbo (DC intercooled)
    86 GLHS #107
    87 GLHS #148
    87 CSX #161, #608, #674
    88 CSX-T #529, #541
    89 Shadow Competition Package and lots more...

turbo addict Turbo Mopar Contributor Anonymous_User's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Turbodave View Post
    You could, but the problem is that the 87-90 cars have metal trim that surrounds the entire window, that is all fastened with those little trim posts and plastic clips. To have it look right you would have to remove all the trim, grind the posts down and refinish the door and rear 1/4 panel.
    Frick.

turbo addict

Its going to be a tough find, but I'm sure I will find them.. Eventually.

Bummer, cuz I have a pair off a '94 that I need to unload.

turbo addict

Doh! I really wish they would fit without grief.

turbo addict

Well at this point I will take the newer style to use on the doors to protect the inside until I can find the correct ones.

Well let me know if you're interested.