Thread: charger rear hubs

Garrett booster

charger rear hubs

Hey yall!

I was working on the rear brakes of my 86 shelby charger, the drums were shot so I got some new ones... the problem is with the press in hubs... does anyone know where I can get a set of brand new ones?? mine are just a bit worn out, and I dont really want junkyard parts. I figure since Ive replaced every other darn part on this car I might as well have new hubs too!!

The guy at autozone seems to have no idea what Im talking about and I can find the hubs on any online parts stores.

Id definatly appreciate any help here!

Thanks!

Tifany

Re: charger rear hubs

the hubs are a seperate piece from the drums, try rock auto and look up hubs, they should be cheap.

Garrett booster

Hi!

Ok, tryed that... they have the front hubs but nothing for the rear, at least I couldnt find the rears, and I looked through every section just in case. This is getting a bit frustrating!

Thanks for the idea though, they do have some pretty good prices on a few other things I need!

Tifany

im gonna say that there probably isnt anything wrong with your hubs. I just used a set of junkyard ones on a conversion to 5 lug for my rampage. there isnt anything to go bad, you just need to grease and replace bearings which any autoparts store should have. i looked on rock auto, i did not see them either. There is a discount code in the lounge for rock auto also.

Garrett booster

Smile Re: charger rear hubs

okie dokie then,

I guess I'll just use what I have until I can afford to upgrade to discs all the way around.

Thanks for your help!

Tifany

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor supercrackerbox's Avatar

FWIW, the hubs, spindles, seals, and bearings are the same for MOST years and models, and interchange between drums and discs. The hubs also have replaceable races. When I did the rear disc conversion on my Charger, I took the hubs in to a local brake and clutch shop and had them put in new races.

If you're still SOL, I think I have a pair of 5-bolt hubs in the garage for you.