Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Saw a New SRT4 CALIBER Abused!!!!

Saw a New SRT4 CALIBER Abused!!!!

so I saw one at a restaraunt and figured I would stop in and see who owned it and invite them to the turbododge meets even tho I cant see the info now cause of previously mentioned issue, Anyways couldnt find the owner so I left a little dissapointed. Well Im going down the street and I see it and its 2 women in the car say late 20's early 30's, Well they are at the light and it goes green and the car just sits there... as people are going around and ahead of her, Im thinkin what the heck? And as I pass her I see the passenger making a shifting motion with her hands and laugh and the driver try to shift the car into gear and Im like oh my heck I cant believe a car with temp tags especially that car was being driven by someone who clearly does not know how to drive that car... and the fact they was laughin about it pissed me off even more, Cuz im thinking if you cant drive the car dont buy it just cuz you think it looks cool or is fast, Especially if your a woman.. I feel very bad for that poor car, All I could think of was if she has that hard of a time being able to shift it what about everything else will she screw up and not do right aka gas/oil/tuneuos and such.

turbo addict

Re: Saw a New SRT4 CALIBER Abused!!!!

Maybe she was letting her friend drive??

Garrett booster

Quote Originally Posted by 87ShelbyZ View Post
    so I saw one at a restaraunt and figured I would stop in and see who owned it and invite them to the turbododge meets even tho I cant see the info now cause of previously mentioned issue, Anyways couldnt find the owner so I left a little dissapointed. Well Im going down the street and I see it and its 2 women in the car say late 20's early 30's, Well they are at the light and it goes green and the car just sits there... as people are going around and ahead of her, Im thinkin what the heck? And as I pass her I see the passenger making a shifting motion with her hands and laugh and the driver try to shift the car into gear and Im like oh my heck I cant believe a car with temp tags especially that car was being driven by someone who clearly does not know how to drive that car... and the fact they was laughin about it pissed me off even more, Cuz im thinking if you cant drive the car dont buy it just cuz you think it looks cool or is fast, Especially if your a woman.. I feel very bad for that poor car, All I could think of was if she has that hard of a time being able to shift it what about everything else will she screw up and not do right aka gas/oil/tuneuos and such.
    That is funny! On one of the SRT forums a fellow in Canada drove by the dealership saw the CSRT and had to have one. He bought it and then noticed it was a stick. He didn't know how to drive a stick. He had the car 4 hours before he blew the clutch up! He has sinced learned to drive it and loves it, but I guess sometimes the looks get the better of the senses.

turbo addict Turbo Mopar Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by GLHNSLHT2 View Post
    Maybe she was letting her friend drive??
    If she was letting her friend drive, she's not too bright for letting her drive a manual w/o knowing how to

Garrett booster

Some women know how to drive I work at a dodge dealership as a body worker. And I've worked on a few of them. I had to fix a pumper on one of them that a young kid owned. And he was trying to show off to me when the car was finished and went to peel out of the lot, and roasted the clutch.. 2 days later he was in for a new clutch... People that DON'T know how to drive stick.. just shouldn't. They are nice cars tho.

Garrett booster

Soooo everyone that knows how to drive stick was born that way?

turbo addict

Quote Originally Posted by djtang View Post
    Soooo everyone that knows how to drive stick was born that way?
    I learned on my dads carbed horizon.

turbo addict

I learned on a 80s dodge colt 4 speed with the toughest clutch in the world.

turbo addict

I learned in a '89 350 TPI Z28 Camaro -special ordered with the T5 5spd....

Man that car was sweet. I accidentally dumped the clutch at 2500 rpm, sent it sideways, and damn near put it into a light pole in the parking lot we were playing in. That car was pretty quick for sure
    -Nate- ''Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it.'' —Mark Twain

Garrett booster

Quote Originally Posted by moparman76_69 View Post
    I learned on a 80s dodge colt 4 speed with the toughest clutch in the world.
    Me too! That's funny!

Super Moderator Turbo Mopar Staff contraption22's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 88_pacifica View Post
    I learned in a '89 350 TPI Z28 Camaro -special ordered with the T5 5spd....

Man that car was sweet. I accidentally dumped the clutch at 2500 rpm, sent it sideways, and damn near put it into a light pole in the parking lot we were playing in. That car was pretty quick for sure
    You should have held on to that car. I have never seen a 5.7 car with a manual trans, and everything I have ever read said they never existed! Would have been a collectors item for sure.
    Mike Marra
    1986 Plymouth Horizon GLMF "The Contraption" < entertaining sponsorship offers
    Project Log:
    http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/showthread.php?69708-The-Contraption-2013-14&highlight=

turbo addict

Quote Originally Posted by contraption22 View Post
    You should have held on to that car. I have never seen a 5.7 car with a manual trans, and everything I have ever read said they never existed! Would have been a collectors item for sure.
    Yep... My cousin had it done at the dealership, as they would NOT do it from the factory. I told him the same thing for years after that and he was never one to hang onto or appreciate anything....

It was a teal green color and had the ground effects package that had the funky-looking, raised louvre's in the hood and the ground effects package in the back. I remember admiring the fact it had the emblem, "5.7 tuned port injection" right there on the rear bumper fascia. I swear that car was as quick as the Vette's of that era. However, because it was an auto car originally, I wonder if the vin still listed it as an auto? That would certainly kill the value unless it stated such...
    -Nate- ''Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it.'' —Mark Twain

Super Moderator Turbo Mopar Staff contraption22's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 88_pacifica View Post
    Yep... My cousin had it done at the dealership, as they would NOT do it from the factory. I told him the same thing for years after that and he was never one to hang onto or appreciate anything....

It was a teal green color and had the ground effects package that had the funky-looking, raised louvre's in the hood and the ground effects package in the back. I remember admiring the fact it had the emblem, "5.7 tuned port injection" right there on the rear bumper fascia. I swear that car was as quick as the Vette's of that era. However, because it was an auto car originally, I wonder if the vin still listed it as an auto? That would certainly kill the value unless it stated such...
    Ahh ok. I was under the impression it left the factory with a T5. Probably not as collectible then lol.

Did the trans ever break? Those early T5's were not very strong, hence why they were not available with the 350. Even the factory experimental manual trans cars all used ZF 6-speeds.
    Mike Marra
    1986 Plymouth Horizon GLMF "The Contraption" < entertaining sponsorship offers
    Project Log:
    http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/showthread.php?69708-The-Contraption-2013-14&highlight=

turbo addict

You betcha... He was always breaking that thing. The input shaft had all kinds of issues, as did the synchonizers.

Hybrid booster

Quote Originally Posted by 87ShelbyZ View Post

THen one of us will own it in 10 years and wonder why its a POS

...sad. On a happy note, I'm debating on trading in my neon on a CSRT!
    2005 Chrysler PT Cruiser GT Mods coming soon!

Garrett booster

Quote Originally Posted by skitzo_inc View Post
    ...sad. On a happy note, I'm debating on trading in my neon on a CSRT!

Do it! Now is a great time to buy a 2008! Let me know if you have any questions...

Moderator Turbo Mopar Staff Vigo's Avatar

technically i learned to drive stick on a late 90s f-150 with a 16ft tandem axle behind it on a road trip.

really, though, i learned the ins and outs of it on my aries.. after i swapped it to 5spd! my first real 5 speed experience was with a car *I* owned.. and not one that started as a 5spd. i had to swap it and THEN learn!

Not hard tho. clutch is fine.

Quote Originally Posted by sherm1123 View Post
    Do it! Now is a great time to buy a 2008! Let me know if you have any questions...
    I was going to, but decided against it. I don't have near the money to pay that monthly car payment on almost 20K. I wish I had the money, but right now I'm debating on selling my car and just getting a cheapo 2-5K car so I don't have to give my bank 250 dollars every month. That' what I'm doing now, and I don't want to give them any more.
    2005 Chrysler PT Cruiser GT Mods coming soon!

Hybrid booster Turbo Mopar Contributor

"THen one of us will own it in 10 years and wonder why its a POS"

-That's awesome... because it's true.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast