Thread: Hard stainless line availability

turbo addict

Hard stainless line availability

Looking for the stainless line just like the brake line you get at the parts store only stainless. I want to replace the lines on my fuel and brakes. Anyone know a good place for this that isn't big on mark ups. I will bend it myself and have a flare tool. Braided line is okay, but not as good as this IMO and plus its still rubber on the inside which does me no good for E85. I know guys are running it without issue, but I figure stainless is the way to go anyway for a dd.
    [FONT="Arial Black"][/FONT] ____________________________________________ 92 Voyager LE 3.3/A604 luxury liner 185k [COLOR="Red"]"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Ben Franklin[/COLOR] [COLOR="White"]"It's not tyranny we desire; it's a just, limited, federal government." Alexander Hamilton[/COLOR] [COLOR="Blue"]Support our economy-BUY AMERICA: [url]http://nortonsusa.com/[/url][/COLOR]

Garrett booster

Re: Hard stainless line availability

Summit Racing has it in stainless and in aluminum.

Both were in the $20's for a 25ft roll when I bought mine.

turbo addict

Thats perfect.. I just checked their site and looked. I could use unions with that stuff, but I will probably flair it and use couplers to be on the safe side. That wasn't available not too long ago. Either that or I just didn't know what wording to use.

Thanks for heads up, Joseph
    [FONT="Arial Black"][/FONT] ____________________________________________ 92 Voyager LE 3.3/A604 luxury liner 185k [COLOR="Red"]"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Ben Franklin[/COLOR] [COLOR="White"]"It's not tyranny we desire; it's a just, limited, federal government." Alexander Hamilton[/COLOR] [COLOR="Blue"]Support our economy-BUY AMERICA: [url]http://nortonsusa.com/[/url][/COLOR]

Garrett booster

Yeah, I wouldn't trust unions, and I don't believe that unions will pass safety, if thats a concern.

turbo addict Turbo Mopar Contributor iTurbo's Avatar

I bought a 25' foot roll of the stainless steel and a 25' roll of aluminum 3/8" line from Summit. It was a good deal and I also bought their AN flare tool. I ended up using the aluminum line for my Spirit R/T though, because it is a lot easier to flare then the steel line. The steel line tended to crack around the lip while trying to flare it. Stainless steel would be better for E85 though.

turbo addict Turbo Mopar Contributor Anonymous_User's Avatar

I buy mine from a local hydraulics store. Comes in 10' straight pieces. The rolls from Summit are nice, but getting them straightened out can sometimes be tough.

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor zin's Avatar

I like the idea of SS fuel line, even if not using alky, but if you need flexible sections, braided SS Teflon hose (like we use in nitrous kits) will work with no issues from the alky. Since it's relatively low pressure, you can use the "build it yourself" hose ends and expect them to not leak, etc. Earl's and most other fitting companies sell a wide variety of hose ends and Teflon hose. Summit should carry it, or you can call my friends at TMR (Torino Motor Racing) in Orange, CA (714) 771-1348. Anyone there can help you out, but Lloyd has experience with turbo 4s (Fords though ).

Mike
    "The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government - lest it come to dominate our lives and interests." - Patrick Henry

Bad laws are the worst sort of tyranny.
    - Edmund Burke

turbo addict

Lloyd is the MAN!

turbo addict

I like the idea of the straight pieces. How much do those usually run?

I bought the prebent daytona brake line kit from inlinetube.com and I couldn't be happier with it, it looks just like the factory lines only in stainless. Pretty reasonable at $190 for all the hard lines on the car.
    84 Laser XE TII A555 89 Caravan SE TIV A568

turbo addict

Thats a deal especially considering the time you would spend otherwise trying to flare and make stuff fit. I did not see the application for daytona listed. I wonder if they could do an H body. That sure would be sweet.

You have to look in their online catalog for the Daytona kit, and it's only a correct fit for rear disk brake cars, probably 89-90. That wasn't a problem for me though since I'm installing 89 GTC brakes on my Laser. They can copy any lines that you send them.
    84 Laser XE TII A555 89 Caravan SE TIV A568

turbo addict

Thats no big deal.. I'm going to rear disc as well. Guess I'd have to SOMEHOW get lines from an 87 shelby lancer to get correct lines for a rear disc car.. DOh.