• nitrous

16 53.33%
  • methanol injection

14 46.67%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pick One

Hybrid booster

Question Pick One

whats better meth injection or N.O.S.??? at making power of course!!
    Last edited by shellboy; 05-08-2008 at 05:34 PM.

Re: Pick One

Meth is cheaper in the long run....

boostaholic

Why not use both together?

turbo addict

Better at what? Providing more fuel, raising octane count, making power, WHAT?

Nitrous for just making more power. Meth does cool the intake charge, you'll gain a few HP there, but you can run more boost on the meth. But nitrous, too easy just to hook up a 100 or 150 shot and call it a day. But yeah much more expensive.

See me ride out of the sunset... Turbo Mopar Staff BadAssPerformance's Avatar

Nitrous for power.

or translated..

Mad Naaaaaws! Gotta get both buttons dude!

JT
    SDAC Director
    SDAC-Chicago President
    JOIN SDAC and your local Chapter TODAY! - SUPPORT the CLUB that supports YOUR HOBBY!
    87 Shelby Z - 10.50@141.66mph
    87 CSX #751 Clone - 12.88@102.88mph

www.badassperformance.com
    Check out Turbo-Mopar Times!
    Submit your 1/4 mile times HERE!!

Support SDAC! Join Today!
    "I'm not some pro athlete with a bajillion dollars, I'm just an every man"
    Note: The information and any images provided in this post are not for distribution outside this forum without the author's permission.

boostaholic

Im runing a 50hp wet shot and Its definantly fun.It does cost a bit to get the bottle filled but its easy to hook up and works well.

I like my Meth, when its spraying my car is pulling hard for all its got

doesnt nitrous cool down the air charge also?

yes, very much so.

JT
    SDAC Director
    SDAC-Chicago President
    JOIN SDAC and your local Chapter TODAY! - SUPPORT the CLUB that supports YOUR HOBBY!

Note: The information and any images provided in this post are not for distribution outside this forum without the author's permission.

I think of using naws like sniffing glue. You feel cool for a few minutes, but it runs out quickly and your motor is fried in no time. Alky, like boost, is more like binge drinking. Kills you more slowly but the fun lasts longer.

I was thinking it would be nice to have a small shot of nitrous (35-50) to spool up a big turbo and then once you are close to full boost have the meth injection kick in. Aside from the quicker spool the nitrous would also cool the air charge down during spool up(lower rpms) which is where most big turbos have lower efficiencies and then the meth injection would cool the air down from there-on

turbo addict

Quote Originally Posted by MiniMopar View Post
    I think of using naws like sniffing glue. You feel cool for a few minutes, but it runs out quickly and your motor is fried in no time. Alky, like boost, is more like binge drinking. Kills you more slowly but the fun lasts longer.
    nitrous does no more damage than running the extra boost with meth injection, assuming a proper tune with both....

nice analogy though flawed.

turbo addict

I voted meth, but I know of a guy who knew his stuff and built a nitrous motor for his IROC in high school. He drove it everyday and it still held together.
    [FONT="Arial Black"][/FONT] ____________________________________________ 92 Voyager LE 3.3/A604 luxury liner 185k [COLOR="Red"]"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Ben Franklin[/COLOR] [COLOR="White"]"It's not tyranny we desire; it's a just, limited, federal government." Alexander Hamilton[/COLOR] [COLOR="Blue"]Support our economy-BUY AMERICA: [url]http://nortonsusa.com/[/url][/COLOR]

Hybrid booster

I have had good results with nitrous on some off my V8 cars when i built the motors for it. sprayed and sprayed and had no problems but i have also had a loss of fuel pressure which killed a few too. i had a 4X4 Toyota truck that i put 4.3 Chevy motor in and it was a real sleeper and was very fast making close to 400HP spraying it with 200 hit, not sure what happed but pulled into 7-11 and the motor cracked a piston after several passes showing off with my friend. wife asked me to stop using it after that and that was the last time for me, i say stick with the meth. i voted meth.

It kills me whenever I read the words "nitrous motor"

JT
    SDAC Director
    SDAC-Chicago President

turbo addict

Quote Originally Posted by BadAssPerformance View Post
    It kills me whenever I read the words "nitrous motor"
    why is that?

From what I understand, usually the tolerances in NO2 based engines are slightly looser than an N/A application due to thermal expansion from what I've seen and read.
    -Nate- ''Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it.'' —Mark Twain

Hybrid booster

Quote Originally Posted by 88_pacifica View Post
    why is that?

From what I understand, usually the tolerances in NO2 based engines are slightly looser than an N/A application due to thermal expansion from what I've seen and read.
    I think I know but as it often happens I may be wrong..

Dakota is going bottle fed so I'm a bit biased..
    I can't believe N2O has been around as long as it has and it's still misunderstood...

(Off track..I remember this hillbilly kid a few years back griping about how nitrous would destroy any engine. And he could tell an engine that had nitrous on it because it left black marks on the cylinder walls...
    Of course he thought the dual 1-7/8 straight pipes on his truck was a better flowing exhaust than the 2-1/2 pipes on my Chevelle...)

Depends. N/A with nitrous has the largest gap yes. But turbo with nitrous are the same gap, according to Wiseco's sheet I have anyway.

2.2turboscotty I don't understand how you find it surprising that you busted a piston with a shot of nitrous so large it doubled the output of the engine. Sounds like you were still using the stock cast pistons as well.
    Lets take this into consideration, how much power can you gain with meth? Perhaps able to run about 10 more PSI boost, along with the cooler charge might net you 100 HP at the very very most. Most people won't get that though because that means running 30+ PSI which not many people do. So realistically a person would run like 5 more PSI, so more like 50 HP gain is likely. Nitrous, any 2.2/2.5 built motor with forged pistons and a strong shortblock can handle a 150 shot all day long.

Quote Originally Posted by Birddog View Post
    Of course he thought the dual 1-7/8 straight pipes on his truck was a better flowing exhaust than the 2-1/2 pipes on my Chevelle...)
    Thats probably not what he meant. Used to have a 383 stroker in a chevy pickup, pushing about 400-425 HP. With dual 2.25'' pipes it made so much low end torque even it a 5000 pound truck it couldn't get traction in first get (auto). With dual 2.5'' on it, there was noticeably less low end torque although it liked upper RPM's better. This was using the same style mufflers as well with both systems.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast