Thread: THe Finest FWD Chrysler Turbo's Ever Made

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor 2.216VTurbo's Avatar

THe Finest FWD Chrysler Turbo's Ever Made

Yeah, I know some of you are thinking Laser's or Canadian Daytona's or something, but no, I'm talking TC Maserati's Had a great day with the TC and the Blue Hairs, nice little rally to Tubac AZ, a ton of joy rides AND on a desolate stretch of the I-10 140MPH (well, speedo strait down and 5200 RPMs in 5th/3.50 FD and 225/60/15 tires) nice. There are 5 16V cars here, we are gonna shoot them all together in a while.

Oh yeah, I sold a ton of Masi parts today, these folks don't mind paying $300. for a recovered leather armrest and all four went pretty quick...

Gotta go do a dozen or so sets of fuel line replacements now that it's cooled off a bit. I brought 25' of 1/4" and 25' of 5/16" with new clamps and it's going fast...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMGP1730.jpg 
Views:	105 
Size:	356.9 KB 
ID:	8366   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMGP1732.jpg 
Views:	111 
Size:	389.4 KB 
ID:	8367   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMGP1735.jpg 
Views:	96 
Size:	396.0 KB 
ID:	8368   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMGP1739.jpg 
Views:	121 
Size:	351.2 KB 
ID:	8369  

AJ (no More Alan) 84 Rampage RT TIII/568 Quaife 87 GLHS dealer optioned Red 16V Masi/568/Quaife
    90 Masi 16V White/Ginger/Black
    89 TC Masi 16V Red/Ginger/Black
    86 GLHS #110 RoadRace Built 89 CSX-VNT Recaro Car
    89 Turbo Mini 'Woody' 85 GLHT 'RedBox'
    2014 Explorer DD'r 3.5Twin Turbo Ecoboost AWD and 500HP
    My profile page has over 20,000 views, I'm somebody LOL

turbo addict

Re: THe Finest FWD Chrysler Turbo's Ever Made

Looks like a great time, almost as many blue hairs as a BCA event.
    Brad Pennington-Proud SDAC Member 1987 Dodge Shelby Charger 1988 Chrysler Lebaron Premium Turbo Convertible 1990 Dodge Shadow VNT Competition 1 of 30

Supporting Member II Turbo Mopar Contributor

Good for you and them too; keep 'em running.
    John Laing

"The sole condition which is required in order to succeed in centralizing the supreme power in a democratic community, is to love equality, or to get men to believe you love it. Thus the science of despotism, which was once so complex is simplified, and reduced . . . . to a single principle."
    -- Alexis de Tocqueville

"One of the methods used by statists to destroy capitalism consists in establishing controls that tie a given industry hand and foot, making it unable to solve its problems, then declaring that freedom has failed and stronger controls are necessary."
    --Ayn Rand

"To evolve, you don't need a Constitution. All you need is a legislature and a ballot box . . . . things will evolve as much as you want. All of these changes can come about democratically; you don't need a Constitution to do that and it's not the function of a Constitution to do that."
    -- Justice Antonin Scalia

turbo addict

I've got a fairly mint black Armrest alan. If you can score me $300 I'll cut you a percentage I've also got part of the center console where the little badge is.

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor j4278h's Avatar

boy look at all those lebarons, must be a photo shoot outside the retirement home.

See me ride out of the sunset... Turbo Mopar Staff BadAssPerformance's Avatar

^^^ LOL... looks like it is about 5pm-ish, probably they are all already in bed for the evening?

JT
    SDAC Director
    SDAC-Chicago President
    JOIN SDAC and your local Chapter TODAY! - SUPPORT the CLUB that supports YOUR HOBBY!
    87 Shelby Z - 10.50@141.66mph
    87 CSX #751 Clone - 12.88@102.88mph

www.badassperformance.com
    Check out Turbo-Mopar Times!
    Submit your 1/4 mile times HERE!!

Support SDAC! Join Today!
    "I'm not some pro athlete with a bajillion dollars, I'm just an every man"
    Note: The information and any images provided in this post are not for distribution outside this forum without the author's permission.

two point two much fun Turbo Mopar Staff Turbodave's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BadAssPerformance View Post
    ^^^ LOL... looks like it is about 5pm-ish, probably they are all already in bed for the evening?
    That 3:30 dinner right after a grueling game of bingo will do that to you.

I can see Alan now: " if you leave me the TC in your will I will gladly replace those brittle fuel lines for you"
    Dave Tekampe
    Director SDAC National
    VP SDAC-Chicago

85 GLH-Turbo (DC intercooled)
    86 GLHS #107
    87 GLHS #148
    87 CSX #161, #608, #674
    88 CSX-T #529, #541
    89 Shadow Competition Package and lots more...

Supporting Member II Turbo Mopar Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by Turbodave View Post

I can see Alan now: " if you leave me the TC in your will I will gladly replace those brittle fuel lines for you"
    Dave - you are mean.
    John Laing

"The sole condition which is required in order to succeed in centralizing the supreme power in a democratic community, is to love equality, or to get men to believe you love it. Thus the science of despotism, which was once so complex is simplified, and reduced . . . . to a single principle."
    -- Alexis de Tocqueville

"One of the methods used by statists to destroy capitalism consists in establishing controls that tie a given industry hand and foot, making it unable to solve its problems, then declaring that freedom has failed and stronger controls are necessary."
    --Ayn Rand

"To evolve, you don't need a Constitution. All you need is a legislature and a ballot box . . . . things will evolve as much as you want. All of these changes can come about democratically; you don't need a Constitution to do that and it's not the function of a Constitution to do that."
    -- Justice Antonin Scalia

See me ride out of the sunset... Turbo Mopar Staff BadAssPerformance's Avatar

Dave may be mean, but I bet Alan has been working that line all week

JT
    SDAC Director
    SDAC-Chicago President
    JOIN SDAC and your local Chapter TODAY! - SUPPORT the CLUB that supports YOUR HOBBY!
    87 Shelby Z - 10.50@141.66mph
    87 CSX #751 Clone - 12.88@102.88mph

www.badassperformance.com
    Check out Turbo-Mopar Times!
    Submit your 1/4 mile times HERE!!

Support SDAC! Join Today!
    "I'm not some pro athlete with a bajillion dollars, I'm just an every man"
    Note: The information and any images provided in this post are not for distribution outside this forum without the author's permission.

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor 2.216VTurbo's Avatar

Ha, I brought 25' of each size fuel hose with me and did about 10 or so sets, a couple rear bearing repacks, one car was going "woo-woo-woo" (as she described it) when she 'pushed hard on the gas' (it was overboost, cracked vac line) and a couple other driveabilty issues. ALL AT NO CHARGE. Of course, if they offered tips, I didn't decline-wouldn't want to offend anyone Kinda cool, one guy who owns a 16V Cabernet car in the pic, I 'fixed' his 8V car last year. He tipped me AGAIN this year for it because he cant believe how good it runs. He drove the 8V for YEARS at 6 degrees of initial timing and a boost leak at the charcoal cannister. He just thought that's how the 8v TC's were supposed to run

AJ (no More Alan) 84 Rampage RT TIII/568 Quaife 87 GLHS dealer optioned Red 16V Masi/568/Quaife
    90 Masi 16V White/Ginger/Black
    89 TC Masi 16V Red/Ginger/Black
    86 GLHS #110 RoadRace Built 89 CSX-VNT Recaro Car
    89 Turbo Mini 'Woody' 85 GLHT 'RedBox'
    2014 Explorer DD'r 3.5Twin Turbo Ecoboost AWD and 500HP
    My profile page has over 20,000 views, I'm somebody LOL