Thread: 1987 Dodge Daytona Pacifica

1987 Dodge Daytona Pacifica

For Sale: $2,000.00/ best offer
    Holt, Michigan

1987 Dodge Daytona Pacifica
    150,000 miles (approx)
    2.2-liter Turbo I
    3-speed automatic
    4-wheel disc brakes. Decent amount of material left on all pads.
    T-Tops. Includes T-Top bags.
    Power windows, power locks (both work)
    Cruise control (does work)
    Air conditioning (needs recharge)
    Digital dash. All functions work
    12-button Navigator (all buttons but one work). Button can be replaced to get it to work again.
    Tilt steering, rear defrost
    Leather power seats. All functions work
    Flash red exterior, grey interior

More pictures can been seen at http://www.moparautos.com/pacifica.htm. Don’t forget to use the side arrows to scroll through all of the photos.

The Good:
    · Nearly rust free body. Underside solid. Doors, hood, quarter panels, rocker panels, and fenders all rust free.
    · Drivetrain works fine. I drove it 2-hours straight when I brought it home after buying it, and I had no problems.
    · Brand new struts and shocks all around.
    · Brand new interior carpeting, including the rear hatch area. Floor mats are also brand new.
    · Brand new rear hatch strut supports.
    · Brand new Headliner.
    · Brand new hood insulation pad
    · All of the weatherstripping except for the door window sweeps are in great condition. All damaged weatherstripping was replaced with new/perfect used replacements (except for window sweeps).
    · Driver’s side T-Top weatherstripping is brand new. Felt strips on both T-Tops are also brand new.
    · Brand new electric horn.

The Not So Good:
    · The driver’s side fender is dented (I can provide you with a source for a $20 replacement fender).
    · Both doors have dents in them. I have a pair of rust free, dent free, replacement T-Top doors that will go with the car.
    · The outside power mirrors are complete but do not currently work. I have an extra pair of used replacement power mirrors that will be included with the car.
    · Lower part of rear hatch does have some rust on it. I have a replacement rust-free rear hatch that will be included with the car.
    · There is a rust spot on the inside splash shield of the driver’s side wheel housing.
    · The aluminum “Eggshell” Pacifica wheels will need to be reconditioned. Clear coat is shot. I have an extra set of four Pacifica “Eggshell” wheels that are in better condition that will go with the car.
    · The rear name emblems are missing on the car. I do have a used replacement set of all three name emblems that will go with the car.
    · There is an oil leak in between the engine and transaxle. Probably the rear main seal, but I have not investigated it to verify. The leak is small, and the car can still be driven.
    · There is a ticking noise in the valvetrain caused by a loose rocker. I replaced the hydraulic lifter, but that did not take care of it. It could be a worn cam lobe, or a bad rocker, or perhaps something else. I did not see any obvious issues. The car still runs fine, and can be driven without fixing it, if you don’t mind the ticking noise.
    · Exterior paint is faded. The car will need to be repainted eventually. There are no spots with peeling paint.

Overall, the car is in fair/good condition and is definitely restorable. Just needs a little TLC to become a top notch ride. Nearly all of the parts you will need to finish the restoration should be included with the car. I was halfway through restoring the car, finishing the interior and suspension, when I purchased another Daytona. I can’t afford to keep two Daytona’s, so I decided to sell this Pacifica.

The selling price is well under the total cost for all of the parts/repairs that I have put into the car. Feel free to counteroffer on the price. I am also willing to reduce the price if you do not need/wish to take the replacements parts (doors, hatch, mirrors etc.).
    Last edited by seanjnl1; 05-06-2008 at 06:55 AM.

Re: 1987 Dodge Daytona Pacifica

Price has been reduced to $2,000.

Thanks
    Greg

turbo addict

great car, good luck with the sale!
    1988 Lancer Shelby 2.2TII 1989 Shadow ES 2.5TI 1992 Lebaron Sedan 3.0Auto 1993 Acclaim 2.5TI-A520 Hoard parts now!

Car has been sold.