Thread: flex plate install 413

Hybrid booster

flex plate install 413

mating the 413 to my 2.5. Torque converter is seated (mark in timing window looks correct) but after I bolt the tranny to the motor and bolt up the flex plate to the torque converter it looks like the converter has moved about 1/2 inch towards motor (timing mark has moved towards motor). Is there something I am missing here? I already had the motor in the car when I noticed the timing mark didn't look right.

Flex plate has welds facing away from motor and the ring between the motor and flex plate.

Martin
    89 Horizon waiting patiently for its drive line
    90 Sundance

Visit www.boostbutton.com... Turbo Mopar Contributor ShelGame's Avatar

Re: flex plate install 413

My guess - you probably don't have the converter seated correctly on the pump drive lugs. When you pull the converter out, they tend to slide to one side making it difficult to re-install the converter. Use a flashlight to see them (shine it down under the seal) and use the pick to align them to 12 & 6 o'clock. Then clock the conveter slots the same way and slide it on.
    https://db.tt/SV7ONZpQ
    Rob Lloyd
    '89 Daytona C/S

2.5 T1 Auto
    13.24 @ 100.5mph
    NHRA #3728 AF/S

boostbutton.com
    tuning wiki

Hybrid booster

that is curious, if that is the case will the tranny bolt up to the motor?

After pulling the motor/tranny out again and separating them and fussing over it for a time I made a discovery. The darn torque converter has two marks. One only goes part of the way back, making it look like the converter isn't seated when looking at the mark through the timing window. Turn the motor over a bit and the other mark comes up, looking as it should. Looks like I pulled it back out for nothing, I learned a few things though so not a total loss. Tired and sore though, damn I'm out of shape.

Thanks for the response.

Martin
    89 Horizon, motor/tranny back in on two mounts stuffed back in the garage for now...
    90 Sundance.

Buy my stuff!!!!!!!!!!! :O) Turbo Mopar Vendor turbovanmanČ's Avatar

Those are the timing marks, and yes, they have 2 but the converter should only bolt up one way.

The converter will come out aprox 1/2 inch when the trans is installed and you want that, lol. If not, you will destroy the converter and pump.
    1989 FWD Turbo Caravan-2.5 TIII, GT35R, auto, a/c, cruise, pwr windows/locks, fully loaded with interior and ran with full exhaust. RETIRED FOR A FEW YEARS! 12.57@104 :O)
    1984 Chev Getaway van, 6.2 Diesel with a remote mounted turbo setup burning WMO-For sale.
    2003 GSW 2.0L TDI, auto, fully loaded, modified, 360K-wife's.
    2004 GSW TDI, 5 speed, fully loaded, modified.

Aurora ignition wires for sale. Link to info

Super60 roller cams or custom/billet cams. Link to info

Visit www.boostbutton.com... Turbo Mopar Contributor ShelGame's Avatar

Yeah, I guess I read wrong. I put in a 904/converter yesterday and had it on my mind...
    https://db.tt/SV7ONZpQ
    Rob Lloyd
    '89 Daytona C/S

2.5 T1 Auto
    13.24 @ 100.5mph
    NHRA #3728 AF/S

boostbutton.com
    tuning wiki