Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: FWDP at SDAC I assume, any chance for tuning?

FWDP at SDAC I assume, any chance for tuning?

I HOPE to be at SDAC (for the first time ever) this year. If so, will you be able to do any custom tuning on computers previously purchased? I'm not 100% sure, but I think there is no cost to calibrate a computer purchased from FWDP, correct? If so, I'd like to schedule a time to have my car tuned when I'm there if at all possible.

Thanks Cindy!
    [SIZE="3"] [B]Jon Trotter[/B][/SIZE] [B]1985[/B] Dodge Shelby Charger, Currently decommissioned [B]1987[/B] Shelby GLHS, #937 [B]1987[/B] Shelby Lancer, #628 [QUOTE=Reeves;587010]I can be ready. Please send pics of wife. _____DodgeZ add comments here______[/QUOTE]

Hybrid booster Turbo Mopar Vendor

Re: FWDP at SDAC I assume, any chance for tuning?

Quote Originally Posted by minigts View Post
    I HOPE to be at SDAC (for the first time ever) this year. If so, will you be able to do any custom tuning on computers previously purchased? I'm not 100% sure, but I think there is no cost to calibrate a computer purchased from FWDP, correct? If so, I'd like to schedule a time to have my car tuned when I'm there if at all possible.

Thanks Cindy!
    While we are members, FWD Performance has not exactly been welcomed by the leadership of the National SDAC organization/business. We’ve been told flat out publicly that we are not liked. We have in the past been a substantial contributor both as a sponsor and participant of the event. If we are there it will only be for the purpose of enjoying the company of our fellow Shelby/Turbo Dodge enthusiasts and customers.

If you are the original purchaser of the computer from us, You are entitled to one free update. That update could be a result of an improvement we have made on the base calibration or an update based on some useful feedback from you.
    [SIZE=4][COLOR=red][B][URL="http://www.fwdperformance.com/store"]FWD Performance[/URL][/B][/COLOR] is a performance parts and service business catering to a variety of high performance cars. We carry a full line of products to service and upgrade [I][COLOR="#FF0000"]Turbo Mopars, Shelby Dodges and Chryslers[/COLOR][/I] of all makes, models and years. From parts to service, fabrication and dyno tuning there is something for everyone. Visit our store at [COLOR=red][B][URL="http://www.fwdperformance.com/store"]FWD Performance[/URL][/B][/COLOR], we'd love to hear from you![/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by JamesL View Post
    While we are members, FWD Performance has not exactly been welcomed by the leadership of the National SDAC organization/business. We’ve been told flat out publicly that we are not liked. We have in the past been a substantial contributor both as a sponsor and participant of the event. If we are there it will only be for the purpose of enjoying the company of our fellow Shelby/Turbo Dodge enthusiasts and customers.
    Well that sucks
    Last edited by Clay; 05-27-2008 at 11:40 AM.

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor Blue Iroc R/T's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ohiorob View Post
    Well that sucks
    +1
    Ralph Scott

93 Daytona Iroc R/T
    www.pbase.com/rmscott

Tow Vehicle/Daily Driver:
    02 Dakota Quad Cab 4x4
    http://www.pbase.com/rmscott/ralphs_dakota_quad_cab

turbo addict

If you are the original purchaser of the computer from us, You are entitled to one free update. That update could be a result of an improvement we have made on the base calibration or an update based on some useful feedback from you.
    The way I look at it is I think both of you and Barry should sit down and try to mend what has happened. Maybe it's too far gone to talk, but forgive and forget is the motto I try to live by.
    Brad Pennington-Proud SDAC Member 1987 Dodge Shelby Charger 1988 Chrysler Lebaron Premium Turbo Convertible 1990 Dodge Shadow VNT Competition 1 of 30

Quote Originally Posted by bradp View Post
    The way I look at it is I think both of you and Barry should sit down and try to mend what has happened. Maybe it's too far gone to talk, but forgive and forget is the motto I try to live by.
    I'm heading up to steal your wagon, please forget!

turbo addict

Quote Originally Posted by ACR Turtle View Post
    I'm heading up to steal your wagon, please forget!
    I may forget after you meet the business end of my Glock
    Brad Pennington-Proud SDAC Member 1987 Dodge Shelby Charger 1988 Chrysler Lebaron Premium Turbo Convertible 1990 Dodge Shadow VNT Competition 1 of 30

turbo addict

Don't let the grin fool you he's serious.....

Man, forget that 5 finger discount visit!

turbo addict

Hey Brad, is that what you used to chop down a tree with at that get together?

When I retired from the post office they made me turn in my guns.....but NOT my hollow points!

turbo addict

If nothing else.....you could get together and agree to disagree about the past and start anew...I likes you all! James, you going to come out in that yellow SRT4 and tackle Matchbox again....or should I bring out the Pit Bull, my stage 2 (as of today) SRT4?

I think we have agreed to disagree. I don't think once trust is destroyed that it is possible to genuinely start anew. I forgive, though I haven’t been asked. To forget is some what more difficult. I don’t think I should apologize for suggesting a meeting and a few agenda items and I don’t think Cindy should apologize for suggesting more transparency in club finances. But then, it is not a club, it is a business and therefore none of anyone’s business. I get that now and I don’t think anyone wants to cover it yet again. I think that is what Barry was referring to when he said all we do is start crap.

The yellow SRT-4 is back to stock status and is all but sold. I’ve decided that other then membership dues, we are not providing SDAC, Inc. with any resources under the current regime. So we won’t participate in drag, road or autocross racing. We won’t enter cars in the car show (so much for showing off the birthday car), we won’t throw catered parties for SDAC attendees, we won’t sponsor SDAC convention events, we won’t provide give away items, goody bag stuff or prize money. We are just going to be paid subscribers with our mouths' shut. Barry has never spent a dime with us so I doubt he’d be surprised.
    [SIZE=4][COLOR=red][B][URL="http://www.fwdperformance.com/store"]FWD Performance[/URL][/B][/COLOR] is a performance parts and service business catering to a variety of high performance cars. We carry a full line of products to service and upgrade [I][COLOR="#FF0000"]Turbo Mopars, Shelby Dodges and Chryslers[/COLOR][/I] of all makes, models and years. From parts to service, fabrication and dyno tuning there is something for everyone. Visit our store at [COLOR=red][B][URL="http://www.fwdperformance.com/store"]FWD Performance[/URL][/B][/COLOR], we'd love to hear from you![/SIZE]

I think we have agreed to disagree. I don't think once trust is destroyed that it is possible to genuinely start anew. I forgive, though I haven’t been asked. To forget is some what more difficult. I don’t think I should apologize for suggesting a meeting and a few agenda items and I don’t think Cindy should apologize for suggesting more transparency in club finances. But then, it is not a club, it is a business and therefore none of anyone’s business. I get that now and I don’t think anyone wants to cover it yet again. I think that is what Barry was referring to when he said all we do is start crap.

The yellow SRT-4 is back to stock status and is all but sold. I’ve decided that other then membership dues, we are not providing SDAC, Inc. with any resources under the current regime. So we won’t participate in drag, road or autocross racing. We won’t enter cars in the car show (so much for showing off the birthday car), we won’t throw catered parties for SDAC attendees, we won’t sponsor SDAC convention events, we won’t provide give away items, goody bag stuff or prize money. We are just going to be paid subscribers with our mouths' shut. Barry has never spent a dime with us so I doubt he’d be surprised.
    SDAC supports our cars and community. I know it is hard to do but if you have problems with the way the club is run, you have to separate the leadership from the organization.
    Some people, myself included, like to support the vendors, organizations, and people that support SDAC.
    SDAC member "It's not the ride, it's the rider."

Quote Originally Posted by slasky View Post
    SDAC supports our cars and community. I know it is hard to do but if you have problems with the way the club is run, you have to separate the leadership from the organization.
    Some people, myself included, like to support the vendors, organizations, and people that support SDAC.
    We will continue to support members of SDAC through their local chapters, our ongoing sponsorship efforts and the products we develop, maintain and bring to market. In effect, we've applied your advice.

Boost, it's what's for dinner... Turbo Mopar Staff Aries_Turbo's Avatar

hmmm.... so let me get this straight.

so barry didnt do exactly what you asked so you got pissed, picked up your toys and went home?

now how does that benefit anyone?

and then when someone asked if you would be at SDAC you come up with this sob story how barry called you names and how he is a big meanie and told everyone on the playground that you arent going to play with him and that he is a poophead cause he wouldnt give you his homework.

what the hell is wrong with you people?!?!?!?!? and I dont mean this at just you FWD. there is alot of gas --- bickering that goes on in this hobby and its getting real old. between this situation, you guys and chris fighting and putting childish $hit in your signatures, rickp and his provocation of TM and SDAC and all the rest if the stupidity im fed up with all the childishness.

GROW UP PEOPLE. ACT YOUR AGE. ALL OF YOU. NOT JUST FWD, ALL OF YOU!!!!!!!!

Brian

Quote Originally Posted by turbovanman
    This one is easy, I have myself to blame, I rush things, don't pay attention to gauges when I should, change to much stuff at once then expect miracles, the list is endless.

Hybrid booster

amen to that.

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor glhs727's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Aries_Turbo View Post
    hmmm.... so let me get this straight.

so barry didnt do exactly what you asked so you got pissed, picked up your toys and went home?

now how does that benefit anyone?

and then when someone asked if you would be at SDAC you come up with this sob story how barry called you names and how he is a big meanie and told everyone on the playground that you arent going to play with him and that he is a poophead cause he wouldnt give you his homework.

what the hell is wrong with you people?!?!?!?!? and I dont mean this at just you FWD. there is alot of gas --- bickering that goes on in this hobby and its getting real old. between this situation, you guys and chris fighting and putting childish $hit in your signatures, rickp and his provocation of TM and SDAC and all the rest if the stupidity im fed up with all the childishness.

GROW UP PEOPLE. ACT YOUR AGE. ALL OF YOU. NOT JUST FWD, ALL OF YOU!!!!!!!!

Brian
    Where the hell do you get off saying any of that!! Why don't you do some research. The threads of us bickering with TU, none of which we started. We have no choice but to engage when flat out lies are told about us, and presented as facts. I don't see you telling Chris to grow up. We have gone out of our way to avoid conflict on these forums as much as possible. As far as SDAC is concerned, we were one of the first to support their events by paying vendor fees and free product give aways. We never asked for anything from SDAC except for an accounting of where the club funds were spent. And rightfully so, since all we hear is how SDAC never makes money, always in debt, can't do this or that event because of lack of funds. In the 8 years we have sponsored an SDAC event, Barry has not spent one dime with us. How's that for supporting the vendors that support your hobby? He is the one that made disparaging remarks about FWD and me personally, but I guess that is OK too? I didn't see you telling him to grow up. ALL we said was that we were no longer SPONSORING the SDAC event and that IF we go, we would only be going to SDAC as PARTICIPANTS and not sponsors. Maybe you should take some of your own advice and grow up too.
    later,
    Cindy
    Last edited by glhs727; 05-28-2008 at 11:03 PM.
    FWD Performance is a performance shop with a significant investment in this market. We pride oursleves with a hard work ethic, friendly customer service, and honest business dealings with no hidden fees. FWD Performance, Real Race Products by Real Racers.

turbo addict

The ship is sinking fast and you are losing more customer's than you are gaining. Trust me on this!!

turbo addict Turbo Mopar Contributor

Not to get in the middle of anything but do you share your accounting info with any of your customers? Just b/c I buy something from you does that entitle me to access of your books(I support your company by buying your products).

Honestly I think it is a poor business decision to not offer products for sale at the biggest car convention of the year. Not only does it hurt you, but it punishes your customers.

See me ride out of the sunset... Turbo Mopar Staff BadAssPerformance's Avatar

SDAC finacial information is included in SDAC's "Up Front" newsletter and distibuted for members' information about once a year.

As for Barry buying parts from FED-P? Or anyone else for that matter? I'm pretty sure that Barry's only running Shelby Dodge / Turbo Mopar is his daily driver Daytona which is (and he plans to keep) mostly bone stock. And he has not had time to think about touching his GLH or Shelby Lancer. Other than Topeka which was a shared event (organized more by the SRT folks), how many events has Barry even been able to take one of his SD/TM's to since he's always busy with all the event organizational responsibilities and tasks?

Just my humble observations.

JT
    SDAC Director
    SDAC-Chicago President
    JOIN SDAC and your local Chapter TODAY! - SUPPORT the CLUB that supports YOUR HOBBY!
    87 Shelby Z - 10.50@141.66mph
    87 CSX #751 Clone - 12.88@102.88mph

www.badassperformance.com
    Check out Turbo-Mopar Times!
    Submit your 1/4 mile times HERE!!

Support SDAC! Join Today!
    "I'm not some pro athlete with a bajillion dollars, I'm just an every man"
    Note: The information and any images provided in this post are not for distribution outside this forum without the author's permission.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast