Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Any Questions for a Caliber SRT4 Owner?

Garrett booster

Re: Any Questions for a Caliber SRT4 Owner?

Quote Originally Posted by 88_pacifica View Post
    Yeah, me too... Black is THE best color EVER!!

And the fastest too!

Garrett booster

Update on CSRT track times: A "regular guy", Matty, ran two 13.4's with his CSRT this weekend. He has done nothing to the stock internals or turbo. He has a TBE, slightly larger injectors, a boost controller and timing module. The power of these cars hasn't even started to be unleashed! He's hoping to run 12's tomorrow night! If you want to read more or see scans of the time slips go here:

http://www.caliberforums.com/forums/...?t=6579&page=3

Boost, it's what's for dinner... Turbo Mopar Staff Aries_Turbo's Avatar

yours looks real nice. I know i busted your balls in the other thread but i do like the fact that dodge is keeping the turbo tradition alive even with the newest generation of engines.

Brian

Quote Originally Posted by turbovanman
    This one is easy, I have myself to blame, I rush things, don't pay attention to gauges when I should, change to much stuff at once then expect miracles, the list is endless.

Garrett booster

Quote Originally Posted by Aries_Turbo View Post
    yours looks real nice. I know i busted your balls in the other thread but i do like the fact that dodge is keeping the turbo tradition alive even with the newest generation of engines.

Brian
    Thanks, I'm glad you like it! Yeah, it is a great tradition and I've been there from the start and owned a few of the pieces. I look forward to your review once you have driven the car, I know I keep saying this, but I do believe you will be surprised.
    Sherman

turbo addict

Sherm, hit welcome at the top left of any page and on the left hand side is a list of things you can do. You avatar and sig should be there somewhere.

Garrett booster

Quote Originally Posted by overlordsshadow View Post
    Sherm, hit welcome at the top left of any page and on the left hand side is a list of things you can do. You avatar and sig should be there somewhere.
    Thanks! Yeah, I figured it out- I had to pay!

I still haven't figured out how to get Pictures in my gallery. I upload, but they never appear....

turbo addict

Production on the 2008's will stop in the next month with projected numbers of 1000-3000 being produced.
    Are they selling enough to make them in 2009 also?

Johnny
    PB
    Great stuff for great cars! Poly engine mounts and bushings at: http://www.polybushings.com

turbo addict

By the way, there is a place called "Modern Performance" in Houston, TX that is going to start selling Caliber SRT-4 engine mount inserts for your car. The stock mounts are pretty soft.

Johnny
    PB
    Great stuff for great cars! Poly engine mounts and bushings at: http://www.polybushings.com

Garrett booster

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Are they selling enough to make them in 2009 also?

Johnny
    PB
    Yes, there will be a 2009 model. There are a few changes, nothing performance wise. Orange is gone, blue is available. MyGig will be standard. If you are interested let me know and I can post some links for the 2009. No price numbers yet. Orders for the 2009's will start in the next few weeks and they start building 2009's in July.

Garrett booster

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    By the way, there is a place called "Modern Performance" in Houston, TX that is going to start selling Caliber SRT-4 engine mount inserts for your car. The stock mounts are pretty soft.

Johnny
    PB
    Modern Performance is a great shop! They have came up with lots of good parts for the CSRT already. I haven't had any problems with my mounts, or anything else for that matter, but I'm not planning on running 10's. Even the guys that are running 12's already are doing it on the stock mounts, but stronger parts are always welcome. Thanks for the interest and the note!

Garrett booster

What kind of gas mileage are you getting? It sounds like you don't baby it too much, so your numbers might be what us "average" turbo drivers would get. I would hope it is better than the Caliber with the CVT. They are dogs to drive. It sounds kinda like a snow mobile. I haven't seen better than 27 mpg driving a company owned one. And that's mostly interstate driving.

Garrett booster

Quote Originally Posted by CSX173 View Post
    What kind of gas mileage are you getting? It sounds like you don't baby it too much, so your numbers might be what us "average" turbo drivers would get. I would hope it is better than the Caliber with the CVT. They are dogs to drive. It sounds kinda like a snow mobile. I haven't seen better than 27 mpg driving a company owned one. And that's mostly interstate driving.
    Personally I'm averaging right at 27mph, with that being 40% highway and 60% city. I've gotten 32mpg on the highway. It is funny that the guys getting the best MPG are the ones that have done the most performance upgrades. One of the cars in the 12's is getting 36 mpg on the highway and there are several guys getting 34 mpg or better. Yes, it does better than the CVT cars. From what I have read and experienced, I would say that the advertised milage is very close to what you can expect.

Super Moderator Turbo Mopar Staff contraption22's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sherm1123 View Post
    Personally I'm averaging right at 27mph, with that being 40% highway and 60% city. I've gotten 32mpg on the highway. It is funny that the guys getting the best MPG are the ones that have done the most performance upgrades. One of the cars in the 12's is getting 36 mpg on the highway and there are several guys getting 34 mpg or better. Yes, it does better than the CVT cars. From what I have read and experienced, I would say that the advertised milage is very close to what you can expect.

The increased milage on the 12 second car can likely be attributed to the upgraded turbocharger. Less backpressure and a higher boost threshold will do that. It's one of the rationales I'm using to justify the upgrade the turbo on my Neon SRT-4.
    Mike Marra
    1986 Plymouth Horizon GLMF "The Contraption" < entertaining sponsorship offers
    Project Log:
    http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/showthread.php?69708-The-Contraption-2013-14&highlight=

boostaholic

Quote Originally Posted by contraption22 View Post
    The increased milage on the 12 second car can likely be attributed to the upgraded turbocharger. Less backpressure and a higher boost threshold will do that. It's one of the rationales I'm using to justify the upgrade the turbo on my Neon SRT-4.
    I finally got my SST replaced, the first one took a crap.
    Also installed a ported manifold.
    PTP told me since I didn't have a ported mani, the extra heat from the bigger turbo cooked the seals.
    I'll let you know if I experience any increase in MPG.
    I noticed the exhaust is a little louder.
    I'll have it up @ SDAC 18 as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Keito View Post
    PTP told me since I didn't have a ported mani, the extra heat from the bigger turbo cooked the seals.
    Did they serve you that BS on rye or whole wheat?
    Mike Marra
    Project Log:
    http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/showthread.php?69708-The-Contraption-2013-14&highlight=

turbo addict

Not all of us hang out on SRTforums so what's SST/ptp/TBE mean?

Quote Originally Posted by GLHNSLHT2 View Post
    Not all of us hang out on SRTforums so what's SST/ptp/TBE mean?
    PTP is PT Performance, a vendor.

SST is their SuperStock Turbo... basically a stock turbo with an upgraded compressor wheel and a clipped turbine.

TBE is a Turbo-back exhaust.
    Mike Marra
    Project Log:

Garrett booster

Quote Originally Posted by contraption22 View Post
    That makes sense, thanks! At $4+ per gallon, the increased MPG will pay for the upgraded turbo internals in no time! You think the wife will buy this train of thought?

Hybrid booster Turbo Mopar Vendor

Picked up my Caliber SRT4 yesterday. Slightly used (7K miles) and with a few options missing that I wanted but its still a pretty cool car and I got it at a great price. It is silver which I'm starting to like but I'll need to do some kind of graphics. I'd say some lowering with some bettr handling components will be my first priority.
    [SIZE=4][COLOR=red][B][URL="http://www.fwdperformance.com/store"]FWD Performance[/URL][/B][/COLOR] is a performance parts and service business catering to a variety of high performance cars. We carry a full line of products to service and upgrade [I][COLOR="#FF0000"]Turbo Mopars, Shelby Dodges and Chryslers[/COLOR][/I] of all makes, models and years. From parts to service, fabrication and dyno tuning there is something for everyone. Visit our store at [COLOR=red][B][URL="http://www.fwdperformance.com/store"]FWD Performance[/URL][/B][/COLOR], we'd love to hear from you![/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by sherm1123 View Post
    That makes sense, thanks! At $4+ per gallon, the increased MPG will pay for the upgraded turbo internals in no time! You think the wife will buy this train of thought?
    Give it a shot!
    Mike Marra
    Project Log:

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast