Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Any Questions for a Caliber SRT4 Owner?

Garrett booster

Question Any Questions for a Caliber SRT4 Owner?

Hello all! I'm Sherman and I'm new here and have read lots of interesting comments regarding the newest member of the Turbo-MOPAR family, the Caliber SRT4. I thought that I would give you a little bit of performance information and then I will gladly answer any questions that anyone has on the car to the best of my abilitiy.

2008 Caliber SRT4 (CSRT)
    285HP 265TQ Stock
    13.98 fastest stock 1/4 mile time-most are running low 14's
    12.72 fastest modified CSRT- link to info on this car:
    http://www.caliberforums.com/forums/...ead.php?t=5348

The 2008's come in four colors- black, red, silver, and orange. Production on the 2008's will stop in the next month with projected numbers of 1000-3000 being produced. They are a very low production, very fast and powerful turbo Mopar; by my calculations, the most powerful turbo 4 cylider vehicle Dodge has ever offered. I would hope that you would welcome this car to your ranks as the current flagship it is to the Turbo-MOPAR platform.

About me- My first memory is of standing in the backseat of my Gramps' 69 Superbee and yelling, "Go 100 grampa!". I've been driving MOPAR's since I've been driving. Here's a few that I've owned- 2008 Caliber SRT-4, 2003 SRT-4, 96 Neon ACR, 87 Shelby Z T2, 86 Shelby Charger, 85 Omni GLH-T, 71 Roadrunner, 74 Roadrunner, 72 Charger, 73 Duster V8.

Any questions?

Super Moderator Turbo Mopar Staff contraption22's Avatar

Re: Any Questions for a Caliber SRT4 Owner?

Welcome to the forums! Congratulations on your new vehicle.
    Mike Marra
    1986 Plymouth Horizon GLMF "The Contraption" < entertaining sponsorship offers
    Project Log:
    http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/showthread.php?69708-The-Contraption-2013-14&highlight=

How does the extra bulk and higher center of gravity of the Caliber feel compared to your Neon SRT-4?
    Mike Marra
    Project Log:
    http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/showthread.php?69708-The-Contraption-2013-14&highlight=

turbo addict

Is yours modded in any way? What are the various mods that can be done and what trouble spots have you noticed thus far? How many miles are on yours already? Have you actually taken yours to the strip and seen what it would do?
    -Nate- ''Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it.'' —Mark Twain

What does the "virtual limited slip diff" feel like?
    Mike Marra
    Project Log:

Hoosier Daddy?? Turbo Mopar Staff Clay's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by contraption22 View Post
    How does the extra bulk and higher center of gravity of the Caliber feel compared to your Neon SRT-4?
    Mike, if you go to the link in his original post the fastest CSRT has dyno numbers:

Neon SRT-4
    11.431 @ 123.61__________417 Hp / 450 Tq

Caliber SRT-4
    12.782 @ 111.09__________407 Hp / 460 Tq

similar HP/Tq numbers and the CSRT4 is 1.3 seconds slower, so I bet it does feel a bit different.
    Clay
    1986 GLH-T - Flat black......... learn it, love it, LIVE IT!
    1988 LeBaron GTC Turbo

SDML Readers Rides
    C/S Registry
    Stuff For Sale

Garrett booster

Mike,
    I had the NSRT for several years, so driving it was like a comfortable pair of shoes. So far it does feel quicker and more agile than the CSRT, but I've only been driving the CSRT for a couple of months. The CSRT, on the other hand is much faster and more powerful! It is an SRT so all of the suspension has been tuned to take care of the size and weight of the car. I haven't road raced mine yet, but the reviews form the owners that have and the feedback from the SRT Driving Experience schools that have taken place has been exceptional. The more you throw at the car the more it can handle.
    Sherman

Garrett booster

Quote Originally Posted by 88_pacifica View Post
    Is yours modded in any way? What are the various mods that can be done and what trouble spots have you noticed thus far? How many miles are on yours already? Have you actually taken yours to the strip and seen what it would do?

No, mine is stock and will stay that way- just as my NSRT did. Mine is a daily driver and I need the warranty until the payments are done. I have 4000 miles on it so far. My NSRT had 126,000 when I traded it in and it never saw the inside of a dealership. It was the most dependable vehichle I have ever owned. The type of mods for the CSRT available are already endless, I'm sure they will be similar to what was/is available with the NSRT. There are several vendors dealing specifically with these cars. For more info you can check out the vendor sections on www.caliberforums.com. No, the tracks are just opening up here so I haven't made it too any of the open events yet, but will soon.

See me ride out of the sunset... Turbo Mopar Staff BadAssPerformance's Avatar

Welcome to the forum!

got pics?

JT
    SDAC Director
    SDAC-Chicago President
    JOIN SDAC and your local Chapter TODAY! - SUPPORT the CLUB that supports YOUR HOBBY!
    87 Shelby Z - 10.50@141.66mph
    87 CSX #751 Clone - 12.88@102.88mph

www.badassperformance.com
    Check out Turbo-Mopar Times!
    Submit your 1/4 mile times HERE!!

Support SDAC! Join Today!
    "I'm not some pro athlete with a bajillion dollars, I'm just an every man"
    Note: The information and any images provided in this post are not for distribution outside this forum without the author's permission.

Garrett booster

What does the "virtual limited slip diff" feel like?
    The ESP doesn't really feel at all. The only time it kicks in is if you let the car get squirelly on you. Its basically to keep inexpierenced FWD drivers from ending up in the ditch etc. It is supposed to help eliminate torque steer, but that really isn't an issue on this car if you compare it to earlier FWD performance cars. There is a button on the console to turn it off for racing or whatever. There is also aftermarket devices to completely turn it off. My expierence with it so far, is that it hasn't been an issue- good or bad. It might be helpful in the snow and ice. I guess I'll find out next winter. When I race I just turn it off, just like the AC.

Garrett booster

Quote Originally Posted by Clay View Post
    Mike, if you go to the link in his original post the fastest CSRT has dyno numbers:

Neon SRT-4
    11.431 @ 123.61__________417 Hp / 450 Tq

Caliber SRT-4
    12.782 @ 111.09__________407 Hp / 460 Tq

similar HP/Tq numbers and the CSRT4 is 1.3 seconds slower, so I bet it does feel a bit different.
    The Red Shed, as the CSRT is called, is ever increasing in power and will surpass the NSRT very soon. There are several other heavily modded CSRT's in the works that may surpass the Red Sled too. Its a bit of a competion among the various shops to see who has the fastest more poweful car. I guess they think it will help sell their products.

Garrett booster

See me ride out of the sunset... Turbo Mopar Staff BadAssPerformance's Avatar

Looks good in black!

JT
    SDAC Director
    SDAC-Chicago President
    JOIN SDAC and your local Chapter TODAY! - SUPPORT the CLUB that supports YOUR HOBBY!
    87 Shelby Z - 10.50@141.66mph
    87 CSX #751 Clone - 12.88@102.88mph

www.badassperformance.com
    Check out Turbo-Mopar Times!
    Submit your 1/4 mile times HERE!!

Support SDAC! Join Today!
    "I'm not some pro athlete with a bajillion dollars, I'm just an every man"
    Note: The information and any images provided in this post are not for distribution outside this forum without the author's permission.

Hoosier Daddy?? Turbo Mopar Staff Clay's Avatar

yeah, it does look good in black!

is that "wing" on the back factory?
    Clay
    1986 GLH-T - Flat black......... learn it, love it, LIVE IT!
    1988 LeBaron GTC Turbo

SDML Readers Rides
    C/S Registry
    Stuff For Sale

Garrett booster

Quote Originally Posted by Clay View Post
    yeah, it does look good in black!

is that "wing" on the back factory?

Yes, it is all stock. That wing keeps the back end on the ground at 150! I like it allot better than the wing on the NSRT. That thing was a cop magnet!I haven't checked the govenor on the new car yet, but it got to 140 real fast!

Garrett booster

Quote Originally Posted by BadAssPerformance View Post
    Looks good in black!
    Thanks! Yeah, I'm partial to black. My NSRT, Shelby Z and Shelby Charger were all black.
    Last edited by sherm1123; 05-02-2008 at 03:26 PM.

Garrett booster

Off Topic: Can someone PM me and let me know how to add photo's to my gallery, add a signature, and an avatar? I've searched and don't seem to find instructions...

Thanks!

Thank you for taking the time to answer all of our questions about your Caliber.

Best of luck with it!

See you at the track.
    Mike Marra
    Project Log:

turbo addict

Quote Originally Posted by sherm1123 View Post
    Thanks! Yeah, I'm partial to black. My NSRT, Shelby Z and Shelby Charger were all black.
    Yeah, me too... Black is THE best color EVER!!
    -Nate- ''Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it.'' —Mark Twain

Garrett booster

Thank you for taking the time to answer all of our questions about your Caliber.

Best of luck with it!

See you at the track.
    No problem! Thanks for being interested. I do love the track....

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast