Thread: calibration good or bad

Garrett booster

calibration good or bad

hi guys my car is a dodge shadow 89 2.2 turbo 8 valve stick shift my problem is if i can install a super 60 calibration on my shadow i already have it but i want to know if this calibration can work on this car whit the next modifications.

1big inter cooler

2 3 inch exhaust down pipe 3''

3 new Mitsubishi turbo

4 cam shaft stage 2 from fwd performance

5 cam gear

6 mopar head gasket .005

7 cables magnecore 8.5 and ignition coil accel

8 fuel pump walbro 255l ,fuel regulator fuel inyectors 40=60

hasting rings mahle pistons forged crank shaft

cool air intake mopar

blow off turboxs

boost controller turbo xs

ceramic racing clutch

street and drag front tires

modifications on my suspension

thanks for your help guys

Rhymes with tortoise. Turbo Mopar Staff cordes's Avatar

Re: calibration good or bad

It will work, but there are some things you will need to think about such as the head you are running. If I am not mistaken the S60 cal was made for the "G head" which is lower compression than the later "swirl head" and timing might be an issue if you are running the swirl head.

The cal is also switchable between two boost levels. I believe that the higher boost level was intended for race gas only.

Your altitude in Mexico might be an issue also, although it could help out with the aggressive timing if you are higher up as a couple of our Mexican members are.

You might think about looking at some of the calibrations that are on here and tailor those to your car rather than just using a S60 cal.

Garrett booster

yes i have the low compression head g head

Quote Originally Posted by fernando View Post
    yes i have the low compression head g head
    You should be in great shape then.

turbo addict

Bad.

S60 calibration does not have o2 sensor feedback. It'll also require a 3 bar map sensor. It is calibrated with the S60 turbo in mine.

It'll run your car, but expect poor gasmileage, poor idle, and poor performance. I don't understand why anyone would want to use the S60 calibration.

Quote Originally Posted by tryingbe View Post
    Bad.

S60 calibration does not have o2 sensor feedback. It'll also require a 3 bar map sensor. It is calibrated with the S60 turbo in mine.

It'll run your car, but expect poor gasmileage, poor idle, and poor performance. I don't understand why anyone would want to use the S60 calibration.
    I run a cal with no 02 feedback, and I have gotten 42mpgs in my shadow...

turbo addict

Something to think about...because *I think* this may have been some of my issue with a 3 bar setup on a mitsu equipped car...

A mitsu turbo flows much less CFM than does even a stock garrett, this being said I could never get the car to run right. If I got the top end right the bottom end was rich...if I got the bottom end right the top end was lean. The mitsu turbo has it's merits on an all stock car...but aren't most calibrations based off a garrett or better turbo?

Quote Originally Posted by badandy View Post
    Something to think about...because *I think* this may have been some of my issue with a 3 bar setup on a mitsu equipped car...

A mitsu turbo flows much less CFM than does even a stock garrett, this being said I could never get the car to run right. If I got the top end right the bottom end was rich...if I got the bottom end right the top end was lean. The mitsu turbo has it's merits on an all stock car...but aren't most calibrations based off a garrett or better turbo?
    That is something to think about. I don't know what ammount of air the S60 flows vs. the mitsu, but it might be a pretty big difference. Not only would the ammount of air be less, but the mass of air would be seriously effected by the higher tempst of the mitsu. That being said, there is no cal that will work well for any well moded car that hasn't had the cal made for it, so I can see that side of it too.

Perhaps start with the S60 cal and then go from there if that's what you have?