Thread: Speed/Distance sensor location?

Hybrid booster

Speed/Distance sensor location?

Anyone have a picture of their motor out of the car where you can see the location of the speed sensor? I want to replace mine because it's bad but my hayne's manual doesn't have great pictures of it for the replacement section diagram of doing it. I can't see anything I just know it's somewhere on the tranny but have no idea where.

Thanks in advance.

boostaholic

Re: Speed/Distance sensor location?

No picture, but...

If you're under the car, follow the passenger side axle back in to the transmission. The speed sensor is on top of the transmission right where the passenger axle meets the transmission. Depending on what year your car is, you'll either have a 2 wire plug and a cable coming out of it or just the wires. If I remember correctly, it is held in with a single 10mm bolt.

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor 2.216VTurbo's Avatar

It's not that tough to see if you peek back there. Just look where the passenger axle/I shaft comes out of the trans, it's right on top there and has a two wire plug coming out of it.

EDIT Dang your faster fingers Ian...

AJ (no More Alan) 84 Rampage RT TIII/568 Quaife 87 GLHS dealer optioned Red 16V Masi/568/Quaife
    90 Masi 16V White/Ginger/Black
    89 TC Masi 16V Red/Ginger/Black
    86 GLHS #110 RoadRace Built 89 CSX-VNT Recaro Car
    89 Turbo Mini 'Woody' 85 GLHT 'RedBox'
    2014 Explorer DD'r 3.5Twin Turbo Ecoboost AWD and 500HP
    My profile page has over 20,000 views, I'm somebody LOL

Hybrid booster

Ah you guys rock. I was looking all over the transmission on the driver side. I'll take a look from the passenger side later on and see if I can locate it. The haynes manual has a very crude drawing style picture of the transmission and location of sensor. So I didn't have the slightest clue of location and was just looking around trying to see it. Thanks a bunch. I'm tired of this ------ stalling everytime I push in the clutch. Double footing the gas/brake when I need to stop is annoying Lol.

Hybrid booster

maybe im just lucky witm my fwdperformance stage 2 cal......i have never had a speed distance sensor hooked up.............never

car stumbles at idle....its a flippin racecar

car runs a nice smooth 12.58 @110 mph........and now i'm gonna try to run reg @ 6 psi until wedding crap is done......last time i run regular gas i get 34.8 mpg......now i have npr intercooler...maybe shoot for 40 mpg.............but run no speed sensor........

deuce