Thread: Not a TD, my DD

boostaholic Turbo Mopar Contributor

Not a TD, my DD

My DD is a 2003 TL Type S. My older brother has a 2003 focus ZX3, that he riced the phuck out. I hate looking at it, riding in it, and hearing it. Its about 14,000dB at idle. I followed him home yesterday, and he wanted to get frisky. He's blipping the throttle approaching the road that leads to his house, getting ready for what looks like a fast entry into a corner. I casually slow down, and am making the turn when he bolts. 2nd, 3rd, 4th... loud as all get out.

I make the turn pull the stick into auto-manual or whatever its called and pull down to 2nd and mat it. A quick chirp and by the top of 3rd I was on his bumper. Compared to his car, it must've looked like a hawk chasing a bumblebee. All I can say is thank god for traction control, 'cause that big ----- was trying to slide out on me but the TC held it. Very fun car to drive fast. Haven't done that since I wrecked my Sundance.

Gotta say though, for being a 3500lb car it held up nicely with a 2900lb focus.

Cliffs Notes: Brother in his focus challenged my TL-S in the twisties, and I handed him his a$$.

Invisible Turbo Mopar Contributor mcsvt's Avatar

Re: Not a TD, my DD

TL-S's are a nice quick car. Always liked their styling. Way to take down the "ricer"

btw: that trans I picked up from you a year plus back is still serving me well in the Daytona
    -Gary Mazzone-
    1986 GLHS #168

boostaholic Turbo Mopar Contributor

Re: Not a TD, my DD

really? badass! my car is still in the same spot.