Thread: Who here is using A 46 trim T3/T4

Hybrid booster

Who here is using A 46 trim T3/T4

What kind of HP have you made with.? Do you think the 46 trim is good for over 300 WHP on a 2.2.? I hope I'll be able to push it to the 320-330 WHP mark.
    I made 281 WHP and 312 FT lbs at 21-22 psi with it. This is with a stock unported 1 piece intake. I think the intake is the bottle neck holding me back from 300 WHP at that boost level.

turbo addict

Re: Who here is using A 46 trim T3/T4

I think the head is whats holding you back

Hybrid booster

Quote Originally Posted by Speedeuphoria View Post
    I think the head is whats holding you back
    Ported swirl head with an F3 cam. I would like to think there is more to be had.

Authorized Vendor Turbo Mopar Vendor mario03SRT's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CSXT802 View Post
    What kind of HP have you made with.? Do you think the 46 trim is good for over 300 WHP on a 2.2.? I hope I'll be able to push it to the 320-330 WHP mark.
    I made 281 WHP and 312 FT lbs at 21-22 psi with it. This is with a stock unported 1 piece intake. I think the intake is the bottle neck holding me back from 300 WHP at that boost level.
    Yes I have that setup with a ported head and a F2 cam. I'm running 25 psi with alky. Getting 20 psi at 3200 and full boost at 4k. I do not have any dyno #'s as I have been toying with some sort of good tune. I did get a 105 mph pass on a half --- run at the track 2 weeks ago.

I'm trying for 350 but looks like I'm coming up short from the but dyno. Mike Demoss told me that the turbo would make 320 hp on pump gas with all of the right mods @ 22 psi.

What Cal are you using?

Marion

Hybrid booster

Quote Originally Posted by mario03SRT View Post
    Yes I have that setup with a ported head and a F2 cam. I'm running 25 psi with alky. Getting 20 psi at 3200 and full boost at 4k. I do not have any dyno #'s as I have been toying with some sort of good tune. I did get a 105 mph pass on a half --- run at the track 2 weeks ago.

I'm trying for 350 but looks like I'm coming up short from the but dyno. Mike Demoss told me that the turbo would make 320 hp on pump gas with all of the right mods @ 22 psi.

What Cal are you using?

Marion
    I'm also running alky/H2O and 25-26 psi now. I know at this boost level I must have cracked the 300 WHP mark, but I have not been back to the dyno.
    As for cal I'm using an FWD stage 5 with an Apexi AFC to pull fuel out. The cal is way to rich.

I'm also running alky/H2O and 25-26 psi now. I know at this boost level I must have cracked the 300 WHP mark, but I have not been back to the dyno.
    As for cal I'm using an FWD stage 5 with an Apexi AFC to pull fuel out. The cal is way to rich.
    Wow the same here. I have a bid on a SAFCII on ebay right now. Do you have yours in already?

Marion

Hybrid booster

Wow the same here. I have a bid on a SAFCII on ebay right now. Do you have yours in already?

Marion
    I have the SAFC NEO. I have had it in my car since last summer.

I have the SAFC NEO. I have had it in my car since last summer.
    Good.

Can you share the wire color codes/pin outs. I've installed many SAFCs and DTECs etc on Neons and SRTs. I have a 2.2 Service Manual and do the research but a helping hand is always great!

I know we need ecu power and ground (2), tach signal, map output, knock (if it works) tps.....

When you made corrections did it bump your timing some per the OTC scan?

Thanks,
    Marion

Hybrid booster

Good.

Can you share the wire color codes/pin outs. I've installed many SAFCs and DTECs etc on Neons and SRTs. I have a 2.2 Service Manual and do the research but a helping hand is always great!

I know we need ecu power and ground (2), tach signal, map output, knock (if it works) tps.....

When you made corrections did it bump your timing some per the OTC scan?

Thanks,
    Marion
    PM sent. I don't use the tps, it is map referenced.

PM sent. I don't use the tps, it is map referenced.
    Got the PM and you are right it has to be reading pressure and not throttle position. So it is load dependent instead of reading airflow.

My afr's so far have been in the low 10's with a base fuel pressure of 41. Thats with a 375ml nozzle nad a 70/30 water/alky mix. I've recorded no knock with that setup. But everynow and then the car goes retardly lean at hot idle and hot start. So yesterday I mellowed the thing out until I get the SAFC. And returned the base FP to 50 and lowered the nozzle to a 225ml.

But the 46 Trim hit's pretty good @ 25 psi and pulls well past 6k. I'm running 14 deg base timing and 4 degrees advanced on the Cam Gear.

Thanks for the hookup.

Marion

Hybrid booster

Got the PM and you are right it has to be reading pressure and not throttle position. So it is load dependent instead of reading airflow.

My afr's so far have been in the low 10's with a base fuel pressure of 41. Thats with a 375ml nozzle nad a 70/30 water/alky mix. I've recorded no knock with that setup. But everynow and then the car goes retardly lean at hot idle and hot start. So yesterday I mellowed the thing out until I get the SAFC. And returned the base FP to 50 and lowered the nozzle to a 225ml.

But the 46 Trim hit's pretty good @ 25 psi and pulls well past 6k. I'm running 14 deg base timing and 4 degrees advanced on the Cam Gear.

Thanks for the hookup.

Marion
    If you have the money to spend the NEO is more user friendly and allows you change the RPM cells. You have better control, your not stuck with 1000 rpm blocks.

Hybrid booster

The HP & torque numbers in my sig were before the SAFC. Yes the 46 trim hits like a hammer. You can ask Xtrempickup he has been in my car. I also wired in his SAFC II & alky system.