Thread: Narrow band output from Wide band more accurate?

turbo addict

Narrow band output from Wide band more accurate?

I just finished up deleting my factory O2 and am now using my wide band's narrow band output to feed the SMEC. So far it is my experience that the car exhibits improved idle, throttle response, and I seem to have less turbo lag now. I am using an older Zeitronix ZT-2 on the 14.7 setting (doesn't have the switchable a/f setting).

My stock O2 was a brand new Denso unit and functioned properly. Even my O2 gauge reads differently now and was correctly installed. I can't help but think that the narrow band function of a wide band must be more accurate?

Has anyone experienced this? Thoughts? I know I am very pleased with the much cleaner engine bay and improved results!

turbo addict

Re: Narrow band output from Wide band more accurate?

I think it is, but don't how to explain why. Course I like being able to tweak my NB output to help with MPG so I can't say how well it works at stock NB output range.

turbo addict

Quote Originally Posted by GLHNSLHT2 View Post
    I think it is, but don't how to explain why. Course I like being able to tweak my NB output to help with MPG so I can't say how well it works at stock NB output range.
    What output do you run at? This wide band is on lend from a good friend. I am going to buy a new unit in the next few weeks and it would be nice to know what others are doing.

Rhymes with tortoise. Turbo Mopar Staff cordes's Avatar

I really don't think that the NB output is more accurate, but I know that the wiring etc. that I have recently installed is probably providing a better quality of signal than what was in the car before hand.

turbo addict

I have mine up at 16.0:1. Now I can custom tune the ECU so I ignore the O2 output when any boost comes on just to be on the safe side. The stock NB O2 (bosch) ran the car around 15.2:1 when I had both the NB and the WB O2's in the exhaust and the ECU hooked up to the NB still.

Boost, it's what's for dinner... Turbo Mopar Staff Aries_Turbo's Avatar

^^^ what parameter in the ECU knocks out the O2 feedback based on boost?

Brian

Quote Originally Posted by turbovanman
    This one is easy, I have myself to blame, I rush things, don't pay attention to gauges when I should, change to much stuff at once then expect miracles, the list is endless.