Thread: What kind of rear drums are on your Aires, Lancer, GLH, shelby Charger, Shadow

What kind of rear drums are on your Aires, Lancer, GLH, shelby Charger, Shadow

I ordered 5 lug drums to convert my rampage to 5 lug. What i get in the box is 2 drums, same as you would find on a mustang or something like that, the kind that slides over a spindle similar to how Calipers on the front brakes mount. Aren't thes cars using Drum and spindle integrated type set up where the lug studs pressed into the drums and you use a bearing and nut to hold the assembly over the brake shoes in place like on any early brakedaytona and like the 4 lug assembly on my rampage is

Re: What kind of rear drums are on your Aires, Lancer, GLH, shelby Charger, Shadow

Not sure of your explanation, but my setup has everything mounted to the rear axle and the actual drum fits over the studs and the shoes. Is that what you are asking?
    [SIZE="3"] [B]Jon Trotter[/B][/SIZE] [B]1985[/B] Dodge Shelby Charger, Currently decommissioned [B]1987[/B] Shelby GLHS, #937 [B]1987[/B] Shelby Lancer, #628 [QUOTE=Reeves;587010]I can be ready. Please send pics of wife. _____DodgeZ add comments here______[/QUOTE]

turbo addict

Re: What kind of rear drums are on your Aires, Lancer, GLH, shelby Charger, Shadow

the rear hub and drum looked like they were one piece on mine, maybe they use a press to put it together.

its not the type where the lug nuts for the wheel pulls everything together.
    1988 Lancer Shelby 2.2TII 1989 Shadow ES 2.5TI 1992 Lebaron Sedan 3.0Auto 1993 Acclaim 2.5TI-A520 Hoard parts now!

turbo addict

Many times when you order the drum if you are getting it fairly cheap it will not have the hub assembled with it. What you need to do is use a press to press the lug studs out, then get the hub out of the drum. Now use the press again and reassmble in reverse order.
    “If the people of the nation understood our banking and monetary system, I believe there would be a revolution before tomorrow morning.” -Henry Ford

oh forget it, junkyard time, cant use a 4 lug stuff with 5 lug drums, thats what i trying to change over. on my daytona that was a 4 lug, i pulled the drums from a 5 lug and just swapped them drum for drum. i guess unless i get them from the yard im not going to be able to do that. il have to press hubs out and studs out or get ones in decent shape and have them turned and use them

Moderator Turbo Mopar Staff Vigo's Avatar

i just did exactly that.. swap just the hums/drums to 5 lug. went from 220mm 4 lugs on an 85 new yorker to 220mm 5 lugs from a 93 dynasty and all i had to do was swap drums and hubs, nothing to it in my case.

what didnt work when you tried it?

the hub and drum are seperate but are USUALLY rusted together pretty well and you have to take a press or big hammer to it.

finished it, the hubs i thought were part of the drum

5 lug conversion is done and is sporting CS lancer wheels with 205/ 50s for tires and i put my hood scoop on, fender vents are painted, not on it yet, and the scoop needs a paint