Thread: Spirit window removal

turbo addict Turbo Mopar Contributor

Spirit window removal

After getting my R/T back from the body shop last October, this past Saturday I put all 4 windows all the way down for the first time. The pass side rear door window, apparently the door panel trim was off, and it didn't go into the window channel on the way up. It jammed and the plastic guide on the window itself broke so now I have to take the window out.

The FSM calls for Miller tool C-4867, which of course is unavailable. This is to get the window out of the channels. In the pic in the FSM this appears to be just a big putty knife.

Can anyone offer any tips to get the window out easily?
    [B]Scott[/B] 86 GLHS #408 88 Shadow ES 92 Spirit R/T 04 SRT-4

turbo addict

Re: Spirit window removal

On the rear windows I think I unscrewed the track then get angle where you can pull the track and glass out together through the top(like window 1/2 way up?). I dont know if thats the right way or not, but the only way I figured to get them out is with the track.
    Last edited by Speedeuphoria; 04-23-2008 at 02:03 PM.

The FSM shows the fixed quarter window staying in place. You use the special tool to work the sliders out of the track.

I'm getting a window out of a parts car this Saturday that might be my "practice" session.

turbo addict

Yeah the fronts are easy to pop out of the track(when you find the spot). I was painting my car so it all had to come out anyway. The rears are more square so there is not as much room to pop it out of the track. If its in the FSM then I'm sure its possible.

Good luck

I just pulled the rubber chanel out of the front of the door to get more clearance, put the window about half way down and pull the top forward and down to pop the top out and up and out to do the bottom. You have to pull pretty hard to get them out of the channel. I was afraid of breaking the window so I went to a JY since I needed the outer trim and you have to pull the glass to get the trim out so I got 4 windows worth of practice there with out any worry about breaking the glass.

Ok, I got the window out. Here's how.

Lowered it down to about 1/4 left above the door. Pull up on top left corner to pop bottom slider out of the track.

Take wide firm putty knife to channel about two inches down on the glass. Pry channel open while pulling on glass. Top slider pops out. Remove glass.

You have to pull pretty hard on the glass to get the bottom slider out, I recommend wearing glove to get a good grip on the glass.

Hope this helps someone else who may need to do this.

turbo addict

Old thread I know but trying to get the front drivers door glass out of my H bodies. Is there any pics of what these things look like? I'm trying to do it without damaging it. Is there any replacement for the miller tool??? Are we prying these clips away from the glass or the channel away from the clip? If the channel away from the clip are we prying between the glass and ouside channel or the glass and inside channel? Thanks for the help.