Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Intake Manifolds...

Hybrid booster

Re: Intake Manifolds...

Thanks for the update Aaron. I hope to hear from you soon.

Hybrid booster

boostaholic

Lol...you really want one eh? I just was told my head was finished
    Now, aaron, its your turn!!!!!!!!

Hybrid booster

Quote Originally Posted by 89ShelbyGuy View Post
    Lol...you really want one eh? I just was told my head was finished
    Now, aaron, its your turn!!!!!!!!
    I'm as serious as a heart attack.!!!!! I Know Aaron is a busy man, but I'm going to start losing sleep over this soon.

The first intake owner has been contacted. I will give it a trial run to ensure that the stock piece with it's less than wonderful casting quality and old age aren't going to make doing these such a pain that it's not worth the time. Soon the testing will begin!

boostaholic

I thought you made a few already?

I thought you made a few already?
    Are you thinking that because of the picture I put up? That was back some time in college when I made a run of them. I sold the remainder of my material.

Other than that, no new intakes have been done since then.

boostaholic

Oh..ok.....well you better get cracking then!!

boostaholic

Hey man..its getting to the 2 month mark since first intoduced, whats going on?!? Update? Thanks.

Hybrid booster

Hey man..its getting to the 2 month mark since first intoduced, whats going on?!? Update? Thanks.
    +1^

I hit a snag with the material supplier which I'm hoping is sorted by lunch tommorow. We'll see. As Darren knows, he will be contacted as soon as I have a tracking number for the material so he can send down his intake and work will commence. After that the next in line is Tom. Depending on how things go with Darren's I can evaluate when you can send yours to get going on it.

Thanks, and sorry for the delays guys.

The first few intake owners have been contacted via PM for shipment instructions. Thanks.

Hybrid booster

Intake has been shipped. Aaron should have it on Friday.

And I just got a new gas lense for 1/8" tungsten and a new box of pure tungsten for some fun (probably not) old turbo-mopar aluminum welding! Ha!

Any update on 2 piece intake uppers?

Also I just want your opinion....on a high RPM (7200ish) 2.2, which intake would be better? A ported 2 piece lower with your upper, or your modded 1 piece(with runners ported also I guess)?

Quote Originally Posted by moparzrule View Post
    Any update on 2 piece intake uppers?

Also I just want your opinion....on a high RPM (7200ish) 2.2, which intake would be better? A ported 2 piece lower with your upper, or your modded 1 piece(with runners ported also I guess)?

To be entirely honest with you, I have no real test data of any sort to verify one or the other. I do have my own feelings, which that the two piece has a more gradual bend for the runner in comparison to the one piece going off of memory. I could be wrong though.

My personal car worked great with two piece lower that was ported about as much as it would go.

It'd be nice to get a bigger runner size, but the bolt hole location limits that quite a bit.

Of course, either one would be a great benefit, as you found out! How much did your tune requirements change with the intake change? Mine was drastic!

Quote Originally Posted by 8valves View Post
    Of course, either one would be a great benefit, as you found out! How much did your tune requirements change with the intake change? Mine was drastic!
    I had to add some ignition advance actually, don't know how that happened but I could add a good bit more with the different intake. And of course, more fuel. I changed from a 1 piece intake with stock TB to that sheetmetal intake with the 52mm. I did loose low end power, and some spoolup, but IMO the top end gain has been worth it.
    But I've been thinking about your upper plenum on a 2 piece lower I have laying around, perhaps gain some low end back AND keep the top end too.

Quote Originally Posted by moparzrule View Post
    I had to add some ignition advance actually, don't know how that happened but I could add a good bit more with the different intake. And of course, more fuel. I changed from a 1 piece intake with stock TB to that sheetmetal intake with the 52mm. I did loose low end power, and some spoolup, but IMO the top end gain has been worth it.
    But I've been thinking about your upper plenum on a 2 piece lower I have laying around, perhaps gain some low end back AND keep the top end too.

The low end loss is more due to the shorter runner length rather than the plenum size. The runners are cut down dramatically on the one piece, and by eliminating the stock upper on the two piece you shave off some couple of inches (can't recall) from the overall runner length as well.

That's also what helps them be so much better up top.

When I hack up (carefully of course!) Darren's intake I can get a measurement of how long the intake runner length is on the one piece and that will help decipher if the two or one piece would be better per application.

I know my two piece upper would look a heck of a lot better!

Darren, your intake showed up as you know, but I think something happened in shipping.....

Ha! So here's your progress report so far. I figured everyone else would like a chance to see how they get hacked up to begin with, and how awful a stock one piece truly is inside.

Can you tell a difference?

Ewwww....

Sometimes it amazes me that people can go as fast as they do on a stocker!

turbo addict

^^ me too. They're terrible.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast