Thread: T3 radiator or possibly a T2

Hybrid booster

Arrow T3 radiator or possibly a T2

i need a radiator for my spirit r/t, the correct rad would be idea, but a t2 rad may work better than going with a t1 like i pondered doing.
    let me knw what you guys got, only known good clean, no rot rads please.

turbo addict

Re: T3 radiator or possibly a T2

Have you taken it to a rad shop to see if they can rebuild the one you have?

Go 16v and never look back huh? looks like you need to update your handle

Moderator Turbo Mopar Staff Turbo224's Avatar

Sorry, I dont have a radiator for ya, but I will offer my advice. If your ditching your stock Rad, go with a nice aluminum twin core aftermarket radiator. They are pretty cheap (150-200 summit)and will do a good job of cooling that thing off. If you want to stay with a mopar unit, the later T1 units are actually larger than the T2 units, and they are always available.

~Tyler Larsen~Salt Lake City~
    -92 Daytona R/T (T3/T4 Hybrid, Quaife, etc...)
    -86 Jeep Grand Wagoneer Woody (winter beast)
    -01 Audi TT Quattro (daily driver)
    -71 Plymouth Cuda 440-6pk tribute

Check out my Homepage

Hybrid booster

Quote Originally Posted by Turbo3Iroc View Post
    Have you taken it to a rad shop to see if they can rebuild the one you have?

Go 16v and never look back huh? looks like you need to update your handle
    yeah and they say they cant repair what i have, although the core and endtanks are good, its just that brass seal that split that hold the 2 together.

oh, i'm not looking back or getting frustrated like some do, i just cant make up my mind on the rad, T1, T2 or custom aluminum

Quote Originally Posted by Turbo224 View Post
    Sorry, I dont have a radiator for ya, but I will offer my advice. If your ditching your stock Rad, go with a nice aluminum twin core aftermarket radiator. They are pretty cheap (150-200 summit)and will do a good job of cooling that thing off. If you want to stay with a mopar unit, the later T1 units are actually larger than the T2 units, and they are always available.
    i originally wanted to go with an aluminum, but after the fabbing and hoses, it would be pretty costly.
    i am leaning towards the t1 idea, but i would need to shift it over to the passenger side to still use the stock ic and not cut anything.
    i'll probably go grab one today for $90 and see how it measures up, i have the head and alt. off so i wont really know how close its going to be.

Hybrid booster

screw it, i picked up a rad for a 91 spirit 2.5 turbo.
    it will work out with the stock intercooler and will still be fine when i do put the spearco style fmic on.
    the ic will still sit in the same spot with the bottom mount and the top mount and the t1 rad will sit right up next to it, with a 1/4" left on the passenger side frame rail.
    it comes with pegs on the bottom and a few rubber mounts, so i will just have to drill 2 holes in the bottom and bracket the top pegs to existing bolts on the rad support. the top hose will be cut and legthened with brass pipe, the bottom hose lines up perfect as its in the same spot on the driver side, just longer on the pass side.
    i plan to mount my fan on it somehow so i can use my same plug for the fan and the overflow bottle will mount right to it.
    oh and i will have to flip the air bag sensor to the front side of the rad support and the top of the rad will be leaning slightly towards the motor as the top of the rad support flares in at the end, unless i decide to tweak it to pull the top back in straight.

i'll take plenty of pics during and after with a write up for future reference.