Thread: WTB: 88-89 Stock 2.5l Turbo Camshaft

Mitsu booster

WTB: 88-89 Stock 2.5l Turbo Camshaft

I am trying to find a stock 88-89 2.5 litre Chrysler Turbo camshaft. If anyone has one that is in good condition, not a beat up core, or has some type of mild comp/street cam for a decent price please let me know. I am in a bit of a hurry as the sunny weather gets closer and I want to go out and hae some fun. Thanks for any help or suggestions where to go.

My setup is as follows:
    89 Plymouth voyager TBI converted with 2.5l Lebaron Turbo Motor
    Garrett TII Turbo w/ 2.5" swingvalve
    Powerstroke intercooler
    255 Fuel Pump
    3 Bar MAP
    Accufab FP Regulator
    3" Exhaust
    52mm TB
    3 Bar Map, Custom CAL
    Underdrive Pulley
    Plus some other little goodies here and there.

Re: WTB: 88-89 Stock 2.5l Turbo Camshaft

got a super 60 cam im selling 100 bucks plus shipping good clean cam still in car big topend power for 2.5

turbo addict

If you just want a stock roller cam I have one for 25 bucks plus shipping. +1 for the S60. If your only concerned with power go with that one.
    [FONT="Arial Black"][/FONT] ____________________________________________ 92 Voyager LE 3.3/A604 luxury liner 185k [COLOR="Red"]"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Ben Franklin[/COLOR] [COLOR="White"]"It's not tyranny we desire; it's a just, limited, federal government." Alexander Hamilton[/COLOR] [COLOR="Blue"]Support our economy-BUY AMERICA: [url]http://nortonsusa.com/[/url][/COLOR]

Mitsu booster

Wow that was faster than expected! I was told that a stock turbo cam is great for performance and that alot of aftermarket or big power camshafts really are not all that great. I know nothing about the specs of a super 60 but I do realize it is a factory upgrade. Also I just signed up today and have never bought anything outside of a auction type format, so please advise on the best way to complete a transaction. Thanks

Buy my stuff!!!!!!!!!!! :O) Turbo Mopar Vendor turbovanmanČ's Avatar

Stock 89 turbo cam is a good one, as is the 88 2.2 TBI roller. The old S60 slider cam is not good, it wears out way to fast and causes internal engine wear. I do sell a roller version, just follow the link in my sig for info.
    1989 FWD Turbo Caravan-2.5 TIII, GT35R, auto, a/c, cruise, pwr windows/locks, fully loaded with interior and ran with full exhaust. RETIRED FOR A FEW YEARS! 12.57@104 :O)
    1984 Chev Getaway van, 6.2 Diesel with a remote mounted turbo setup burning WMO-For sale.
    2003 GSW 2.0L TDI, auto, fully loaded, modified, 360K-wife's.
    2004 GSW TDI, 5 speed, fully loaded, modified.

Aurora ignition wires for sale. Link to info

Super60 roller cams or custom/billet cams. Link to info

turbo addict

good point there too. Wear on an S60 is definitely an issue. My car has the original 86 slider which is okay, but roller seems to be much more reliable as well.
    [FONT="Arial Black"][/FONT] ____________________________________________ 92 Voyager LE 3.3/A604 luxury liner 185k [COLOR="Red"]"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Ben Franklin[/COLOR] [COLOR="White"]"It's not tyranny we desire; it's a just, limited, federal government." Alexander Hamilton[/COLOR] [COLOR="Blue"]Support our economy-BUY AMERICA: [url]http://nortonsusa.com/[/url][/COLOR]

i would go with an 88 tbi cam,find one in your local junk yard for under 20.00 (i'm not sure if you can get the 88 tbi cam new, I heard all the aftermarket replacements are a generic one grind fits all years, and its not the 88 grind, correct me if i heard wrong) or better yet one of turbovanmans super 60 roller cams if its in your budget it sounds like a killer cam .

Mitsu booster

I really appreciate the help and suggestions as well as the offered parts. Today I picked up the head from the machine shop and three of my lifters were stuck, so I called a friend of mine who works at a local autoparts shop and asked for a price on a set of stock lifters. Turns out he was able to find a cam and lifter setup brand new for $85 and he's driving them over to my house tonight. Works for me, seemed to be extremely cheap for new parts and warranty, with no core. Again thanks to everyone for the help. Nick

turbo addict

Sweet deal Nick. BTW what auto parts store was this. Now I'm interested.