Thread: FULL manual valve body in a daily driver

turbo addict

FULL manual valve body in a daily driver

I was told this would be a good idea even for a daily driver to help extend the life of the trans due to less heat buildup. I'm just curious what kind of pressures I will see with this and if I should change anything else. Should I be weary of putting this in a trans with some miles on it. Also anyone know whose building A670's/A413's right now?
    [FONT="Arial Black"][/FONT] ____________________________________________ 92 Voyager LE 3.3/A604 luxury liner 185k [COLOR="Red"]"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Ben Franklin[/COLOR] [COLOR="White"]"It's not tyranny we desire; it's a just, limited, federal government." Alexander Hamilton[/COLOR] [COLOR="Blue"]Support our economy-BUY AMERICA: [url]http://nortonsusa.com/[/url][/COLOR]

Re: FULL manual valve body in a daily driver

I dunno about pressures but Ive had a full manual valve body in my daily driver for allmost a year and have had no trans issuses it bangs into gear every time.
    1988 Shadow ES 4-door 13.61@98.89 2002 Neon ACR 1989 Shadow ES 4-door 1996 Yamaha FZR 600 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee 15.87@85 Stock Pentastar V6 2001 Altima DD

turbo addict

just remember to shift back to 1st when you stop!!

Buy my stuff!!!!!!!!!!! :O) Turbo Mopar Vendor turbovanmanČ's Avatar

Cliff, TU, FWD build tranny's.
    You have to check the pressure after you install one as its known that some are set too low, and the line pressure needs bumping up.
    1989 FWD Turbo Caravan-2.5 TIII, GT35R, auto, a/c, cruise, pwr windows/locks, fully loaded with interior and ran with full exhaust. RETIRED FOR A FEW YEARS! 12.57@104 :O)
    1984 Chev Getaway van, 6.2 Diesel with a remote mounted turbo setup burning WMO-For sale.
    2003 GSW 2.0L TDI, auto, fully loaded, modified, 360K-wife's.
    2004 GSW TDI, 5 speed, fully loaded, modified.

Aurora ignition wires for sale. Link to info

Super60 roller cams or custom/billet cams. Link to info

turbo addict

Checking line pressure is a MUST! I've had a FMVB on Matchbox for over 115,000 miles and the fluid never gets discolored or burnt, even with a Coan 3500 stahl convertor....no troubles on THIS car, but I had one on a turbo GLH that had line pressure so high that it would rip appart the clutch drum...3 times in as many weeks!

turbo addict

Hmm.... Its been so long since I messed with these things. Aren't pressure checked via the ports on the trans with the plugs on the front. I took a class on this but its been some years ago, but I remember liking how simple the A413 was compared to the GM transmissions I'd seen apart. I can't afford to be ripping apart anything so I think I'm gonna have to do some more homework on this. The price is right though for the valve body. Isn't there a way to convert your own though?
    I tried to pm cliff, but no luck. Maybe I should try his email. I'd rather buy one from someone who specializes in mopars. I will check the vendors too. Because my van really can't have too much downtime I want to buy one first then send back the core. As far as my 413 I plan on going through that one myself.
    [FONT="Arial Black"][/FONT] ____________________________________________ 92 Voyager LE 3.3/A604 luxury liner 185k [COLOR="Red"]"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Ben Franklin[/COLOR] [COLOR="White"]"It's not tyranny we desire; it's a just, limited, federal government." Alexander Hamilton[/COLOR] [COLOR="Blue"]Support our economy-BUY AMERICA: [url]http://nortonsusa.com/[/url][/COLOR]

I could build one for you but shipping would be brutal,
    1989 FWD Turbo Caravan-2.5 TIII, GT35R, auto, a/c, cruise, pwr windows/locks, fully loaded with interior and ran with full exhaust. RETIRED FOR A FEW YEARS! 12.57@104 :O)
    1984 Chev Getaway van, 6.2 Diesel with a remote mounted turbo setup burning WMO-For sale.

turbo addict

Hey Taylor your in kokomo eh.. you ever get out to muncie dragway? Thanks for the offer Simon. Shipping would definitely be a killer.

See me ride out of the sunset... Turbo Mopar Staff BadAssPerformance's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WickedShelby88 View Post
    Hey Taylor your in kokomo eh.. you ever get out to muncie dragway? Thanks for the offer Simon. Shipping would definitely be a killer.
    LOL, that is the funniest thing I've read today... you don't know Angelo yet, but he might actualy have his own personal pit spot there

JT
    SDAC Director
    SDAC-Chicago President
    JOIN SDAC and your local Chapter TODAY! - SUPPORT the CLUB that supports YOUR HOBBY!
    87 Shelby Z - 10.50@141.66mph
    87 CSX #751 Clone - 12.88@102.88mph

www.badassperformance.com
    Check out Turbo-Mopar Times!
    Submit your 1/4 mile times HERE!!

Support SDAC! Join Today!
    "I'm not some pro athlete with a bajillion dollars, I'm just an every man"
    Note: The information and any images provided in this post are not for distribution outside this forum without the author's permission.

Quote Originally Posted by BadAssPerformance View Post
    LOL, that is the funniest thing I've read today... you don't know Angelo yet, but he might actualy have his own personal pit spot there
    LOL. The pavement from his house to there is probably worn thin.

turbo addict

Quote Originally Posted by BadAssPerformance View Post
    Guess one of these days I will have to get out there and find out. True story. i would of run my SVO one night but I ended up borrowing a screwdriver so I could get the hatch open since I locked my keys in the car.. Doh! No I didn't have to break anything since someone had already replaced the rivet holding the lock cylinder retaining clip with a screw. Scary how easy fox bodys are to get into.. That would explain why the car fax would reveal that that car had been stolen once. I already knew it though since the previous owner told be the whole saga.. ah too much rambling I'll stop now.

turbo addict

Old Matchbox and I used to go there lots of times. I quit going because I worked Sats and was just plane tired. Often I'd fall asleep there or on the DRIVE home. I always managed to make money there, The only championship I got there (out of my 33 total) was the 1990 Ohio/Indiana Nationals....I entered two classes, Sportsman and Mad Dog (all run) and won 13 rounds until I redlit in Sportsman in the final round...but won in Mad dog....that $2000 came in handy!

turbo addict

Quote Originally Posted by ATaylorRacing View Post
    Old Matchbox and I used to go there lots of times. I quit going because I worked Sats and was just plane tired....
    Just PLAIN tired, like now!

turbo addict

where are you guys getting your MVB's from?

turbo addict

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowFromHell View Post
    where are you guys getting your MVB's from?
    http://store.summitracing.com/partde...5&autoview=sku

I got mine from Chad Killback, aka TorqueFlite on here
    Last edited by Speedeuphoria; 04-14-2008 at 06:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Speedeuphoria View Post
    http://store.summitracing.com/partde...5&autoview=sku

I got mine from Chad Killback, aka TorqueFlite on TD.com
    He's also Torqueflite on here to,

www.forwardmotioninc.com has them also.

turbo addict Turbo Mopar Contributor Dave's Avatar

Cheetah Valve Bodies also makes them. I got mine from them. $160 + shipping.

turbo addict

Yeah thats about the price I've seen. I might be able to get one at the mopar nats too or SDAC when I go from someone if I have the funds for one by then. Its going to go into the 89 A413 I have for my car which is currently just running an 86 T1 auto drivetrain