Thread: New best for my VNT Shadow!!

turbo addict

New best for my VNT Shadow!!

Went and made a few passes in the VNT this evening. The track wasn't the best but got a little better after the sun went down. Temps were in the low 80's. Best pass was a 9.633 @ 78.11mph w/2.346 60'. The car is definitely making more power than my best last year of 9.78@77mph. I was having to launch very easy and part throttle 1st gear and I was still spinning through 2nd gear and sometimes even in 3rd. Time for some chassis tuning! Ran almost dead even with a mid to late 90's Cobra on the 9.633 pass. The Cobra ran a 9.630 @ 79.80mph w/2.388 60'.

I was on on 300 treadwear tires. The car still has the balance shafts, AC, and cat/converter in the exhaust. It has a T2 intercooler, ported intake and exhaust mani's, everthing else stock except for the maybe the ECM???
    Last edited by glhs875; 04-10-2008 at 10:23 PM.

Moderator Turbo Mopar Staff Vigo's Avatar

Re: New best for my VNT Shadow!!

is the exhaust opened up after the cat or ALL stock?

sounds pretty cool for a near stock old shadow to run next to a cobra, regardless of what we all think about 4.6s

turbo addict

Thumbs up Re: New best for my VNT Shadow!!

Quote Originally Posted by Vigo View Post
    is the exhaust opened up after the cat or ALL stock?

sounds pretty cool for a near stock old shadow to run next to a cobra, regardless of what we all think about 4.6s

Rear exit but straight pipe, no muffler. I plan on installing an external wastegate so the exhaust can really be opened up and then still be able to control the boost. O yea, I raped a Mustang GT from about a 60mph kick on the way home. He picked the race!!

Thats a pretty fast time for a stock carMaybe we can meet up this year at the track Im ready to run.You should bring that car to nashville and run it in the stock street tire class.

turbo addict

Quote Originally Posted by 89shelby2.4 View Post
    Thats a pretty fast time for a stock carMaybe we can meet up this year at the track Im ready to run.You should bring that car to nashville and run it in the stock street tire class.

Thanks! Yea we'll get together some. The car is not to shabby for 14 to 17lbs of boost!!

Moderator Turbo Mopar Staff Vigo's Avatar

O yea, I beat a Mustang GT from about a 60mph kick on the way home. He picked the race!!

Sounds like fun. for some reason i wanna see a compilation video of mustangs being beaten by turbo mopars now. i demand that somebody hop to it

Garrett booster Turbo Mopar Contributor

Good job,,,let me know when you and Kevin get together. I have my 87 GLHS back together.

turbo addict

Quote Originally Posted by glhs502 View Post
    Good job,,,let me know when you and Kevin get together. I have my 87 GLHS back together.

Will do! We're hoping to hit the Mopar meet @ Huntsville this year again. If I go, I'll be in the Shadow. My GLHS won't be running this year, AGAIN!!!

ps/ No Derek, right now I don't have any spare transmissions. Sorry!