Thread: New guy here

Mitsu booster Turbo Mopar Contributor

New guy here

Hello all,

My name is Greg. I currently reside in El Paso, TX but am from Frederick, MD. I purchased a 1994 Dodge Shadow TBi as my first car in Apr 2008. So for it's been great. Love it. Its pretty much stock because it's a TBi car. I have some 16" Pumpers on it with 225/50 fronts and 205/55 rears. Im currently planning a TII conversion with hopes of 400+ WHP. Hopefully it goes ok. Well anyways heres some pics of the car.

When I first got her:

Debadged rear:

the base dash:

The Hatch:

Clean Int:

The 2.2 TBi:

When the spider gear int he A-523 decided it wanted to go:

My Tach(Since the dang base dash doesnt have one:

How she sits now(Just all gold wheels:

Dont hate, I think it looks good and i've gotten planty of I dont like it comments. So please I like it and thats all that matters.

turbo addict

Re: New guy here

looks like a good start man good luck and welcome!
    if you need anything, this is the place to find it
    and post more pics of that shift boot, that looks much better then the stock rubber one

Haha that "shift boot" is just a cover I got at the JY. Im actually not runng a boot now because when I cut the stock shift I got a new knob and when I put the knob on I forgot to put the boot on and well didnt feel like doing it all over again.
    1994 Dodge Shadow TBi awaiting a future TII swap. 400+ WHP here I come!!! Also have a newer 2008 Focus Coupe, mods slowing coming in for this. [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Super Moderator Turbo Mopar Staff 135sohc's Avatar

Looks like the slighty more upscale version of mine.

Unbroken seatback release handles are always a good thing . Interior looks like its all there and not sun burnt like the grey ones usually are.

That engine in there now is a great platform to build from. Good cast valve cover from the factory, shallow oilpan ect.

Quote Originally Posted by 135sohc View Post
    Looks like the slighty more upscale version of mine.

Unbroken seatback release handles are always a good thing . Interior looks like its all there and not sun burnt like the grey ones usually are.

That engine in there now is a great platform to build from. Good cast valve cover from the factory, shallow oilpan ect.
    Upscale? haha I wish. Its only options are rear defroster, cruise, a/c, and 3-point drivers belt.

Yes unbroken handles are nice. Although they do like to bend but as long as I dont keep bending them back it should be fine.

Well that engine is getting pulled for a balls to the wall TII set up. Plus the TBi blocks need better parts to handle even miniscule amounts of boost.
    1994 Dodge Shadow TBi awaiting a future TII swap. 400+ WHP here I come!!! Also have a newer 2008 Focus Coupe, mods slowing coming in for this. [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

turbo addict Turbo Mopar Contributor

Looks good and welcome

turbo addict

Not sure what part of El Pa you're from but I'm from El Gettysburg.

Check us out! SV-SDAC

Im not from PA. Im from Frederick, Maryland which is about 30 outside of PA up I-15. Gettysburg is like 40 mins from my house.

Hybrid booster

Welcome to the board and Tejas.

Quote Originally Posted by r2kool4u View Post
    Well that engine is getting pulled for a balls to the wall TII set up. Plus the TBi blocks need better parts to handle even miniscule amounts of boost.
    First off welcome. Secondly there's nothing wrong with the block, crank and rods in that motor now. Pistons are the problem because of CR. The only thing the block needs is a drainback tube. Good luck with your build.

Thanks. I guess im glad to be in TX. Its a lot hotter than MD is at this time of year but the weather is pretty set. It doesnt really change to much.

I do like the roads down here tho. I was on I-10 last week and was amazed by the fact it was so straight and flat. Perfect for some 100+ shenanigans.

Garrett booster

Hi! I'm new here too! Good luck with your conversion, she'll be fun.