Thread: 90 Turbo GTC convertible CHEAP

90 Turbo GTC convertible CHEAP

It's the same car in this thread http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=21971 and I don't have the money to do anything with it, nor the desire.

The lace wheels are reserved for my Neon... so it will have some sort of wheels to roll it on. It does NOT run. The motor is partially torn apart. Head is still on it because I cannot get the bracket that goes from the block to the turbo off. It thought it was a better idea to scrape the hell out of my hands. The driver side right corner head bolt is broken off in the block. The side molding on the passenger door and the rear 1/4 are missing now. The radio that was in it when I got it is crap but it's in the car on the floor. The am/fm tuner still works it may be of use but the tape deck is dead. Power headlight doors disconnected because the facia is cracked. They still do work, however.

It did run great, it drove great. It just needs money. I don't have money. It's sitting in my garage in Machesney Park and it's CHEAP. I do have the title for it as well so I'd say it's more than a parts car to the right person. I'm also getting a free parts car at some point in time hopefully that would have a proper hood, facia, and the bits and pieces this car is missing and if I get it the person who gets this thing is entitled to those parts for free. No guarantees on that though because it might not happen. There is NO RUST ON THIS CAR'S BODY. It's so damn clean you can eat off of it. Power top still works, front power windows work, Infinity speakers work, power locks work, power seat works including the wings and lumbar support, it all works except the rear 1/4 windows, the odometer (broke right after I bought it...) and the a/c.

Come get my mistake and fix it up for yourself or part it out. It's cheap... make me an offer. I'm going to set the price at $650 just because there's not any rust on the body and you don't ever see that up here not to mention it only has 67,500 original miles.

Please feel free to make any reasonable offer though... worst I will do is say no.

815 980-8960. CALL ME IF POSSIBLE. I always have my phone on me and I'm not always by the computer.
    Last edited by Dodge Aries K; 04-07-2008 at 09:59 PM.

Hybrid booster

Re: 90 Turbo GTC convertible CHEAP

what exactly is wrong with it mechanically that you started taking apart the motor?

The engine decided that drinking antifreeze is a good thing to do. It has the original (as in 1990 original) head gasket on it.

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor j4278h's Avatar

dang as soon as i saw this only thing i was interested in was the 89-90 gtc specific wheels

If you want to come pick this thing up and give me what I'm asking for it the wheels might be able to make their way back on

turbo addict

You gave up already...
    [FONT="Arial Black"][/FONT] ____________________________________________ 92 Voyager LE 3.3/A604 luxury liner 185k [COLOR="Red"]"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Ben Franklin[/COLOR] [COLOR="White"]"It's not tyranny we desire; it's a just, limited, federal government." Alexander Hamilton[/COLOR] [COLOR="Blue"]Support our economy-BUY AMERICA: [url]http://nortonsusa.com/[/url][/COLOR]

I have more important things to spend my money on. Needs over wants here.

turbo addict

Man, I really wanted one of these cars too before I got the Daytona... Too bad I'm anti-ChryCo now or I'd give it another whirl.

Warm bump for a solid project car...
    -Nate- ''Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it.'' —Mark Twain

I forgot to mention, a new Mopar Performance head gasket and Mopar Performance head bolt set come with the car. I'd return them if I could... but lost the receipt.

This will make someone a nice car someday. Just not for me right now since I don't have a job. I can't afford to buy the tools needed to fix it, to put new plates on it, and to insure it as well as my other cars. That's why it's for sale.

turbo addict

Good call. Your sounding more sensible every day.
    [FONT="Arial Black"][/FONT] ____________________________________________ 92 Voyager LE 3.3/A604 luxury liner 185k [COLOR="Red"]"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Ben Franklin[/COLOR] [COLOR="White"]"It's not tyranny we desire; it's a just, limited, federal government." Alexander Hamilton[/COLOR] [COLOR="Blue"]Support our economy-BUY AMERICA: [url]http://nortonsusa.com/[/url][/COLOR]

Thanks Joe. I appreciate that. We have a few reliable cars here and my wife/dog/Neons/house come before a project car.

sad to hear you are selling it

Yeah, me too. Rust free = impossible to find. There will be a different one someday for me. This one needs a new home so someone can drive it this summer.

turbo addict

I know a guy who would of bought it but he already brought home a 3.0 version and converted it to stick.. go figure.

LOL! Maybe he'll want two of them.

if you weren't so far away I'd consider it. But I already got a project sucking up all my money

No longer for sale. Josh came out from Chicago and helped me fix it. It's running again and running pretty well too!

two point two much fun Turbo Mopar Staff Turbodave's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dodge Aries K View Post
    No longer for sale. Josh came out from Chicago and helped me fix it. It's running again and running pretty well too!
    That's good news, Yeah Josh!
    Dave Tekampe
    Director SDAC National
    VP SDAC-Chicago

85 GLH-Turbo (DC intercooled)
    86 GLHS #107
    87 GLHS #148
    87 CSX #161, #608, #674
    88 CSX-T #529, #541
    89 Shadow Competition Package and lots more...

that's good. Glad to see you have your wind back into the project. If you need anything let me know

Garrett booster

we were lucky the bolt was about an inch above the block and after a little torch, PB Blast and vice grip action the bolt came right out the rest was easy