Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Cindy-Where are you?

Hybrid booster Turbo Mopar Contributor

Re: Cindy-Where are you?

The good thing about this thread is, that eventually someone cares about that I practice my English. Quote: "MopàrBCN, go ---- yourself. If you think this thread is a waste of time, don't ------- read it ya jack ---." Just to help me out here, those "----" are the equivalent to those "beeps" on TV when someone says something not considered political correct? If it's this I might have solved it....

Now, capable of ignoring your introduction into your post, here a few thoughts:

How do you think, the head becomes the head you are hoping to get, without fabrication?
    How do you think your camshaft gets the way you want it?
    Last but not least, you are waiting for a Cal - supposedly calibrated for that cam and head you are aiming for. So when do you think would be the best moment doing this cal?

I mean, if I read the list of things you claim to have ordered I find it quite normal that it takes time to get them (This is to be seen independently on how much time is justified). Besides the housing, there is not a single item that does not need fabrication. Would you have wanted receiving a cal made up before the actual flow characteristics of your head and duration of you cam would have been known????

Now, as far as I know, there are 3 businesses with reputation doing those type of things for our type of car. All of them small enthusiast businesses. You are at the beginning of the year. When do you think, everybody is preparing his/her car for the season? There are a lot of answers you can give to yourself.

Let's say it is the way you say, I perfectly understand you being frustrated (nobody likes waiting). But there are other ways (and much better ways!!!) solving those disputes. You always have the option of saying, "I don't want this stuff, I am getting a stock cam, stock head and stock cal". You are free to stop dealing with fwdperformance and try another vendor. You also can try to understand why it takes the time it takes (that would be the wise one in my opinion).

Now, I don't know you, and from the few statements I have read from you I better don't conclude on who and how you might be. But bear in mind, you have put accusations and claims about a business in a public board. You have received answers from a representative of this business with a specific question, which you did not answer to in this board. You have not put a single line of proof that you accusations are correct. Yet you have done all this on a public board. It's only a guess, but I doubt you have received a lot of PMs to your offering of picking up parts for others when you go for that famous drive to Spring with your fiance. You should ask your self why that is. Also you should ask yourself why your comments in here don't find a lot of support!
    Let's play cars.....:bump2: [URL="http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2909181"]Visit my ride[/URL] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Hoosier Daddy?? Turbo Mopar Staff Clay's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by chilort View Post
    MopàrBCN, go ---- yourself. If you think this thread is a waste of time, don't ------- read it ya jack ---.
    This is your warning. I know you may not be happy with what has said but personal attacks wont be tolerated. Please keep it civil, take it to PM, or get a vacation from the board.

Thanks,
    clay
    Clay
    1986 GLH-T - Flat black......... learn it, love it, LIVE IT!
    1988 LeBaron GTC Turbo

SDML Readers Rides
    C/S Registry
    Stuff For Sale

turbo addict

MopàrBCN, thanks for the analysis.

I did order a stock '88 cam, the head I ordered was just a refurbished head, the afpr is a part they buy from someone else (and mark up and sell to us), and the cal is a stock cal they advertise on their site. I am providing all the evidence I can in little black letters on a screen. If you want more evidence, call Cindy yourself (good luck, the voice mail is still full).

I don't mind waiting on parts as long as I am told I will be waiting a long time. I am currently restoring a 1970 Dodge Superbee. It is mostly in storage while I finish my graduate degree. But I sent the gauge cluster to The Guy that is the expert on these in Chicago to have it restored. It took over a year. It didn't bother me a bit. I knew how long it would take.

Clay, why couldn't your note have come in a PM? Last I checked, you'd posted on this thread looking for Cindy too? MopàrBCN trounces the entire thread but that's not a problem. Is it because MopàrBCN is a supporting member and I'm not that I get pointed out?

I don't mind taking a vacation either. My recent post about a clutch has gone totally unanswered. I run an IC'ed log which appears to get poopooed on here because it isn't the "right" thing to do.

Buy my stuff!!!!!!!!!!! :O) Turbo Mopar Vendor turbovanman²'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Clay View Post
    This is your warning. I know you may not be happy with what has said but personal attacks wont be tolerated. Please keep it civil, take it to PM, or get a vacation from the board.

Thanks,
    clay
    I dont' agree, it seems Chilort has every right to be pissed off, and MoparBCN has no right attacking him.
    1989 FWD Turbo Caravan-2.5 TIII, GT35R, auto, a/c, cruise, pwr windows/locks, fully loaded with interior and ran with full exhaust. RETIRED FOR A FEW YEARS! 12.57@104 :O)
    1984 Chev Getaway van, 6.2 Diesel with a remote mounted turbo setup burning WMO-For sale.
    2003 GSW 2.0L TDI, auto, fully loaded, modified, 360K-wife's.
    2004 GSW TDI, 5 speed, fully loaded, modified.

Aurora ignition wires for sale. Link to info

Super60 roller cams or custom/billet cams. Link to info

Well I guess FWD Performance is doing well if there are a lot of orders people are needing. Good for her! I've ordered basic stuff before and no issues, but I can imagine anything that takes some engineering will take a little more time than other stuff. If you ordered it from me, it would take twice as long and may only be AS good as what they do. But I would make sure to do it the best I could. Good luck to all who need stuff!!!!
    [SIZE="3"] [B]Jon Trotter[/B][/SIZE] [B]1985[/B] Dodge Shelby Charger, Currently decommissioned [B]1987[/B] Shelby GLHS, #937 [B]1987[/B] Shelby Lancer, #628 [QUOTE=Reeves;587010]I can be ready. Please send pics of wife. _____DodgeZ add comments here______[/QUOTE]

Clay, why couldn't your note have come in a PM? Last I checked, you'd posted on this thread looking for Cindy too? MopàrBCN trounces the entire thread but that's not a problem. Is it because MopàrBCN is a supporting member and I'm not that I get pointed out?
    I wasnt looking for cindy. I did post in the thread earlier which is why I saw your post because I got a email notificiation with your reply. Why didnt I send it in a PM, I dont have a good answer for that, I just didnt. Ill take it into consideration next time, but what is done is done. As for contributing member vs. non, I didnt even notice until you said something, as for MoparBCN trouncing the entire thread.... well I went back and re-read what I missed.....

so to both of you, (chilort and MoparBCN) please chill out, leave each other alone, and get back to the thread at hand........ which since Cindy has said she will no longer deal with on the net, probably pretty worthless now anyway.
    Clay
    1988 LeBaron GTC Turbo

SDML Readers Rides
    C/S Registry
    Stuff For Sale

Quote Originally Posted by turbovanman View Post
    I dont' agree, it seems Chilort has every right to be pissed off, and MoparBCN has no right attacking him.
    I thought you gave up?
    Clay
    1988 LeBaron GTC Turbo

SDML Readers Rides
    C/S Registry
    Stuff For Sale

turbo addict

By the way, I was, at least partially, joking about having to take a road trip to Houston. My fiance and I do like to travel and I really do want to meet the two researchers at Rice.

Also, I do not dislike Cindy or FWD Performance. I'm simply frustrated at waiting for so long for a product where they were one of the first to offer. I appreciate the work of the vendors here. I don't like waiting on parts for this car though because it is my daily driver. My only other thing to drive is a '68 Dodge Sweptline with a 440. You'd be right if you guessed that it doesn't get good fuel mileage. It is also more prone to breaking down than the Daytona.

Finally, this was part of Cindy's response about a trip to Houston: "BTW You should come to Houston anyway, one because your trip to Rice would likely be great, it is a top notch facility, and any researcher there would be worth meeting, and two, you could bring your car, and we could custom tune it while you are here, getting you a better calibration in the long run."

Quote Originally Posted by Clay View Post
    I thought you gave up?
    I did, whats your point?
    1989 FWD Turbo Caravan-2.5 TIII, GT35R, auto, a/c, cruise, pwr windows/locks, fully loaded with interior and ran with full exhaust. RETIRED FOR A FEW YEARS! 12.57@104 :O)
    1984 Chev Getaway van, 6.2 Diesel with a remote mounted turbo setup burning WMO-For sale.

Hybrid booster Turbo Mopar Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by turbovanman View Post
    Hi, just for the record - I tried to point out that I understand @Chilorts frustration - however, I can not judge it's right to be frustrated - noone but himself and fwdperformance can.

And this is my point.

In a matter of fact this was not primarily going against @chilort, he was only the trigger.

It was against putting order disputes in public because we do not know anything about this deals. Anyone could say something here but noone knows the whole story. For me, @Chilort or indeed anyone could be right in what they claim - as well they could be part of the problem, noone knows without proof.

And this was my point I tried to bring across, when I said, there are much better ways solving issues then going public.

If someone feels the need to go public with an issue he/she has with a non delivery of goods from a vendor then this causes first of all that he/she compromises the reputation of this vendor. And if this is done, then it should be done with proof. In a matter of fact, here should be the same rules to be applied as would be when filing a bad deal in the "Exchange Section".

Now, this does not refer to asking "Cindy where are you?" Until this point everything is ok.

Ok, finally, the reason, I "attacked" this thread was triggered by @Chilorts comment on making the trip up there and (his words) "whippin'em into shape" - At this point I felt the need to contribute, if it was a good idea or not, I did it and felt it was right doing so.

However, @Clay is absolutely right, I should have stopped and should have left it like this. The way @Chilort opened his answer to my opinion however provocated my second post, which I agree, was not contributing to my initial intention and hence a waste of emotion and time.

So, @Chilort, if you feel attacked I say sorry, and mean it. However, I still disagree with putting those missing parts claims in a board which is not the board of the vendor concerned. And as well as that I disagree with your wording in your first reply.
    Let's play cars.....:bump2: [URL="http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2909181"]Visit my ride[/URL] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

turbo addict

Asking Clay about Sonka Irish Pub in Terre Haute would be pointless. Though I haven't been in a couple of years, so it would be some nice information.

Bringing out issues with vendors when you cannot get a response does have a purpose, at least to me. Not only that, but another post in this section about a FWD Performance shipping oopps likely helped resolve the issue faster. If Cindy reads this, then better understanding the expectations of her customers will only help in the long run.

This is the part of the board dedicated to vendors, specifically for FWD Performance.

And I think there might be some confusion about cals. I did not order a custom cal. I talked to Cindy first and ordered one of their stock cals. I still don't understand why they are having trouble getting these.

Just made an order Wednesday and it should be here on Monday according to the tracking. I've had some issues with shipping in the past but Cindy has ALWAYS made good on things. I get that things happen and I can forgive if they take care of it and she always does. She even held that last known set of Konis for me.

turbo addict

I got parts. Yes I do. I got parts. How 'bout you?

I got parts. Yes I do. I got parts. How 'bout you?
    I have the computer for Wopr's car but the motor went boom,

Not the cals fault.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123