Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: were to get a 005 hg

Mitsu booster

were to get a 005 hg

i sent the wife to the dealershp to pick up my 005 headgasket and i was told it was discontinued. so were can i get 1 or was he wrong i have him the full part #. i have a blown gasket and need it fixed asap. or is there a decent ault. i can get local the prevous owner used a felpro which sucks.

See me ride out of the sunset... Turbo Mopar Staff BadAssPerformance's Avatar

Re: were to get a 005 hg

NS1... Probably superceeded into the 006 which will work for you.

JT
    SDAC Director
    SDAC-Chicago President
    JOIN SDAC and your local Chapter TODAY! - SUPPORT the CLUB that supports YOUR HOBBY!
    87 Shelby Z - 10.50@141.66mph
    87 CSX #751 Clone - 12.88@102.88mph

www.badassperformance.com
    Check out Turbo-Mopar Times!
    Submit your 1/4 mile times HERE!!

Support SDAC! Join Today!
    "I'm not some pro athlete with a bajillion dollars, I'm just an every man"
    Note: The information and any images provided in this post are not for distribution outside this forum without the author's permission.

Buy my stuff!!!!!!!!!!! :O) Turbo Mopar Vendor turbovanmanČ's Avatar

There still available, he's full of crap, just called my dealer, tons everywhere and not listed as being NS1. I wouldn't use the 006, blocks too much coolant. FWD and TU both carry the 005 gasket.

The full part number is P4452005
    1989 FWD Turbo Caravan-2.5 TIII, GT35R, auto, a/c, cruise, pwr windows/locks, fully loaded with interior and ran with full exhaust. RETIRED FOR A FEW YEARS! 12.57@104 :O)
    1984 Chev Getaway van, 6.2 Diesel with a remote mounted turbo setup burning WMO-For sale.
    2003 GSW 2.0L TDI, auto, fully loaded, modified, 360K-wife's.
    2004 GSW TDI, 5 speed, fully loaded, modified.

Aurora ignition wires for sale. Link to info

Super60 roller cams or custom/billet cams. Link to info

I ordered one last week for someone and one this week for someone. Both came in next day. My warehouse stocks them.

Admin- "Alexandria" Ken... Comes W/4 Car Garage Turbo Mopar Staff GLHSKEN's Avatar

NEVER use a 006... even with a cross drilled block... 005 is the way to go...
    Ken Adler....
    Cars, A few (9)

Mitsu booster

so if i go in with this # i can get gasket? P4452005

Quote Originally Posted by GLHSKEN View Post
    I wouldn't say never... they work decent.

JT
    SDAC Director
    SDAC-Chicago President
    JOIN SDAC and your local Chapter TODAY! - SUPPORT the CLUB that supports YOUR HOBBY!

Note: The information and any images provided in this post are not for distribution outside this forum without the author's permission.

Quote Originally Posted by hman1991 View Post
    so if i go in with this # i can get gasket? P4452005
    Yes,
    1989 FWD Turbo Caravan-2.5 TIII, GT35R, auto, a/c, cruise, pwr windows/locks, fully loaded with interior and ran with full exhaust. RETIRED FOR A FEW YEARS! 12.57@104 :O)
    1984 Chev Getaway van, 6.2 Diesel with a remote mounted turbo setup burning WMO-For sale.

turbo addict

Quote Originally Posted by GLHSKEN View Post
    Why? I use 006 gaskets with all my crossdrilled head/block combo's.

006 works fine on x-drilled motors... even ok on non x-drilled, especially if they are stock.

JT
    SDAC Director
    SDAC-Chicago President

Quote Originally Posted by GLHNSLHT2 View Post
    Why? I use 006 gaskets with all my crossdrilled head/block combo's.
    Quote Originally Posted by BadAssPerformance View Post
    006 works fine on x-drilled motors... even ok on non x-drilled, especially if they are stock.
    If you compare the 005 on top of the 006 and vice versa, the 006 blocks alot of coolant flow, which is bad. The 005 connects the X-drilled holes.

The 006 blocks the coolant to force it thru the x-drill holes... maybe Chrysler engineers spent a little dyno time on the design?

Under normal usage, has anyone had any major problems with the 006 on an x-drilled block/head car?

JT
    SDAC Director
    SDAC-Chicago President

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor j4278h's Avatar

Define normal usage.

006 gasket used on my "MONGO" van which has at least 100 passes and 10k driving, only major problem is the van hasn't hit 12.99 yet

006 gasket used on my GLHS with roughly 50 passes and 5k driving.
    only major problem is it hasn't hit 12.49 yet
    both are cross drilled

Admin- "Alexandria" Ken... Comes W/4 Car Garage Turbo Mopar Staff GLHSKEN's Avatar

Yes they work... Up the power significantly and they will blow much easier than the 005
    Ken Adler....
    Cars, A few (9)

OK, well thats a little different than saying 'never use them'

I'll admit in my Z I did have sealing issues, but went straight to Cometic so not sure it was due to the 006.

JT
    SDAC Director
    SDAC-Chicago President

I'll admit in my Z I did have sealing issues, but went straight to Cometic so not sure it was due to the 006.
    So, yeah, don't use them, the 005 is better but of course in a pinch, the 006 works,

Why use them then?? Period. When a certain car went to 130+ in the 1/4, head gaskets were a common weak point with the 006. Swapped to 005's and no issue.

Edited to add... under 300whp, have at the 006
    Ken Adler....
    Cars, A few (9)

My heavy pig ran 121mph with the 006 at ~24psi with NO issues, ~ 400whp. The only reason I started lifting the head is when I tried to make more power with adding more boost. At about 30psi the head gasket started lifting and blowing out the back left corner. Unfortunately it did not really make any more power as it ran only a little better mph.

A leaking HG due to higher boost like this does not sound to me like a coolant flow issue, but more a clamping/sealing issue. If it is a coolant issue then there are other sealing issues that need to be resolved so the coolant is not 30psi.

So with all this said, if the 005 is better at holding higher boost than the 006, how/why does it seal better?

JT
    SDAC Director
    SDAC-Chicago President

turbo addict

Thats a good question JT, but I'm about to trade the 006 I have for an 005. I've got one of each for the 2 engines I'm in process with. Since its my a-- if one blows I think I will use the 005 in both cases. I just don't like to take chances. I agree with you though, that there are potential sealing issues. Just out of curiosity, were you using head studs? And also you say your running a cometic now? Is that in your shadow then and did you remove the head and have the surfaced machined flat or did you just clean them well and assemble? I'm kinda wondering on this. I know that lebaron engine that I sold you the turbo from was running a cometic. Too bad the poor thing had a rod knock courtesy of mr K.
    [FONT="Arial Black"][/FONT] ____________________________________________ 92 Voyager LE 3.3/A604 luxury liner 185k [COLOR="Red"]"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Ben Franklin[/COLOR] [COLOR="White"]"It's not tyranny we desire; it's a just, limited, federal government." Alexander Hamilton[/COLOR] [COLOR="Blue"]Support our economy-BUY AMERICA: [url]http://nortonsusa.com/[/url][/COLOR]

The Z used the 006 w/o issue at 24psi with studs but at 30psi it lifted the head with studs or bolts (yes I tried both). No HG leaking issues at 30psi with the Cometic and studs until the rod came out.

The Shadow has a 006 that was slip & slid in the hotel parking lot during the Mopar Nats about 5 years ago when the Flepro gasket that came on the motor finally failed. The exhaust and oil return were still connected so the head could not be lifted very high. Paul Fosen was on one side of the head, Karl Morgan on the other side of the head lifting it up as high as it could, I was able to wipe off maybe half of the head/block surface with the cleanest of the dirty rags we had available before sliding in the 006. several beers and a fresh set of MP bolts later and it was all done. First pass off the trailer the next day was a 13.01 @ 105mph... HG is still on the car, has seen 27psi a few times *knock on wood*

JT
    SDAC Director
    SDAC-Chicago President

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast