Thread: Roll bar/cage in a convertible

Garrett booster

Roll bar/cage in a convertible

I have a dodge 600 conv. that I'm working on and once I have it built the way I want its gonna need at least a roll bar, possibly a cage put in it before it can go down the track. I can't remember the exact 1/4 miles times for when you need each but I know convertible need them before everything else. Has anyone put one in a chrysler convertible? I'm just curious how difficult it was, etc. and if one that was made for a daytona was altered to work. Thanks
    Rob Springer

Hybrid booster

Re: Roll bar/cage in a convertible

its easy no roof to deal with oh and 13.50 or faster you need a cage in a vert good luck

Mitsu booster

Quote Originally Posted by briceturbosports View Post
    its easy no roof to deal with oh and 13.50 or faster you need a cage in a vert good luck

is that universal?? or does it change from either state to state or track to track or organization to organization (nhra ihra etc etc)

Quote Originally Posted by ke6960 View Post
    is that universal?? or does it change from either state to state or track to track or organization to organization (nhra ihra etc etc)
    Its an NHRA rule for example, but its up to each track to enforce it.

Hybrid booster

Quote Originally Posted by turboz523 View Post
    I have a dodge 600 conv. that I'm working on and once I have it built the way I want its gonna need at least a roll bar, possibly a cage put in it before it can go down the track. I can't remember the exact 1/4 miles times for when you need each but I know convertible need them before everything else. Has anyone put one in a chrysler convertible? I'm just curious how difficult it was, etc. and if one that was made for a daytona was altered to work. Thanks
    Rob Springer
    I have a Shadow convertible with a 5-point cage. I believe it was custom made and cost the original owner of my car around $600 to fabricate.

Hybrid booster

Quote Originally Posted by turboz523 View Post
    Rob Springer
    hey rob get a hold of turbojerk (troy) he could fab a cage and install it he lives in gettysburg check him out @ www.sv-td.com