Thread: Pistons,rods, Good Prices ?

Pistons,rods, Good Prices ?

OK ,3 little questions:

Who makes the "BEST" forged rods & forged pistons

And, who has the best price?

Chat it up gentlemen. Let the debate ensue!!

turbo addict

Re: Pistons,rods, Good Prices ?

I think its personal preference depending on budget, I think stock prep'd rods and bolts are good, Eagles may be a slight step up and good for the money but the pin size is wrong assuming SRT4 application

I went with Pauter rods(~$800 a set) and Wiseco pistons

Where did you get pauter rods?

TU's H beam rods are nice, but if you want the best TU sells carrillo's too, but they are a mere $1200.

For pistons, it's widely debatable. I've heard Ross or JE's as the best, but venolia's are pretty strong, and wiseco's are good.
    All forged pistons are way stronger than cast, you can't really go wrong with any forged piston.

Admin- "Alexandria" Ken... Comes W/4 Car Garage Turbo Mopar Staff GLHSKEN's Avatar

Tim, What are ya looking for??? Give me a shout. Reeves has been running the same wiseco's for 4 + years... The H beam rods TU sells (K1) are a great piece. $500 a set. You can look at both when you are at "fling"... Sitting here
    Ken Adler....
    Cars, A few (9)

turbo addict

Quote Originally Posted by moparzrule View Post
    Where did you get pauter rods?
    After trying to find an SRT4 vendor that would sell me some w/o jerking me around, I ended up getting them from Pauter direct, they normally have SRT4 rods in stock(so .866 pin), but same price for custom steel rods AFAIK. Another thing you find with many of the off the shelf SRT4 rods is that the pin size is the exact size of the pin so you need to have it honed for the allowed clearance.

Buy my stuff!!!!!!!!!!! :O) Turbo Mopar Vendor turbovanmanČ's Avatar

I do like the Eagle SRT rods, you just need to open up the little end or get custom pistons.

Chris's K1 rods are a great rod also then of course, Carillo's which I think are total overkill for us,

All forged are fine, I have melted the head before I've melted JE's or Venolia's.

If I ever take my engine apart, I might have to grind a couple oil grooves in like those Pauters,
    1989 FWD Turbo Caravan-2.5 TIII, GT35R, auto, a/c, cruise, pwr windows/locks, fully loaded with interior and ran with full exhaust. RETIRED FOR A FEW YEARS! 12.57@104 :O)
    1984 Chev Getaway van, 6.2 Diesel with a remote mounted turbo setup burning WMO-For sale.
    2003 GSW 2.0L TDI, auto, fully loaded, modified, 360K-wife's.
    2004 GSW TDI, 5 speed, fully loaded, modified.

Aurora ignition wires for sale. Link to info

Super60 roller cams or custom/billet cams. Link to info